Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

3 minutes ago, CenTex Hill Billy said:

He hosted fear factor and now has the most popular podcast in the world. Recently signed a $100m deal and moved to the estates on Lake Austin at the end of cuernavaca.

Damn you didn’t have to out the mans exact location, do you know how many psychopaths are on this site?!   Lol

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

La Tapitia on Anderson Mill has some of the best breakfast tacos around.  1.50 with cheese and one is plenty. 

You reminded me of the old La Tapatia Restaurant at 1501 E. Sixth St. that I went to so many times as a child and teenager before or after Texas home games.

IIRC, the health inspector shut'em down. I also remember how they had the front desk area plastered with all the counterfeit (and mismatched denominations scotch-taped together) money they'd caught from people paying to them during their long run (in the end was 30 years).

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Had never had shake shack till they put one in Minute Maid park. Damn good burger, but nothing beats whataburger, nothing remotely close. Double meat whataburger with cheese, bacon, jalapeños and grilled onions. Wish they would bring the A1 thick n heart back

I was gonna say shake shack. Those places are everywhere in NYC and a good cheap quick lunch or dinner. Their fries are damn good

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

I fucking love cheeseburgers. I had a double meat double cheese from Dan’s with a side of onions rings for dinner last night. But would y’all kindly shut the fuck up about burgers on this thread?

Look at the big brain on Brad.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I fucking love cheeseburgers. I had a double meat double cheese from Dan’s with a side of onions rings for dinner last night. But would y’all kindly shut the fuck up about burgers on this thread?

I tried to tell them, they just kept coming at me with the Big Mac talk and I was like well shit that can’t stand. I at least migrated it to breakfast tacos, the rest is up to you man.

1 minute ago, troph said:

Wait no one jumped in their backyard plane and took off on a drunken whim to chase the ghost of UM?

I did. Then I realized it was a pool floaty i was flying and I tackled my wife, not UM. Man I need to stop day drinking. I blame covid times.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

You reminded me of the old La Tapatia Restaurant at 1501 E. Sixth St. that I went to so many times as a child and teenager before or after Texas home games.

IIRC, the health inspector shut'em down. I also remember how they had the front desk area plastered with all the counterfeit (and mismatched denominations scotch-taped together) money they'd caught from people paying to them during their long run (in the end was 30 years).

any mexican food joint worth its salt is one health inspection away from being shut down..the lard is probably 50 years old.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Wait are you telling us Telegraph isn't posting on Surly while flying his own plane from the right seat?  

1 minute ago, troph said:

Wait no one jumped in their backyard plane and took off on a drunken whim to chase the ghost of UM?

To be fair I actually did take the photo... just not today. A convenient one too (besides the clouds) because if you zoom in on the Garmin I was over Lake Travis. Routed to Austin Exec though.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Dirty’s for dinner and then Ken’s at 3am paid for with the change we pulled out of the couch is how I remember my time in Austin. 

I think Shelley is really going to enjoy the burger choices available to her. 

I didn’t realize Hut’s shut down downtown, but you can get one at ABIA.  Maybe Shelley is getting one now. 

1 minute ago, TrashMaster G said:

Dude, this is how we waste time between randos posting unsubstantiated third-hand rumors.  Get over it.

And we are trying to give Shells some good info on where to eat when she gets to town. Call it advanced marketing.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, troph said:

I'll be a man and own up. I was caught up in the moment (and burger talk) and totally fell for it.

Blame it on both me being an idiot and (in turn) overestimating the gloriousness of all you drunken fuckers on this board. Lesson learned, bar lowered. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

To be fair I actually did take the photo... just not today. A convenient one too (besides the clouds) because if you zoom in on the Garmin I was over Lake Travis. Routed to Austin Exec though.

Looked like it was taken from the right seat with the throw-over yoke on the left.  Cool set up though.  Your avionics could fund a couple days worth of Urban's new salary.  

2 hours ago, dcar00 said:

they were both G5 and unproven as HC. We all saw that.   thats about it.  They are not similar in their record at all.  Charlie was the worst and its not particularly close.

You're leaving a lot of things out.

• G5 & unproven as HC
  • Had that one big victory against a major P5 opponent (Florida, OU) but had some questionable losses
  • Each had just one season with 10+ wins 
  • Success seemed to have more to do with a specific player on the opposite side of the ball from coach's specialty (Teddy Bridgewater, Ed Oliver)
  • Won a title as a coordinator under Urban Meyer
  • Had only been a head coach at the one place before we got him
  • Brought his entire staff with him to Texas even though he could've and should've looked at hiring better assistants
  • Wasn't hired with anything resembling a decent search or process -- was a big hot name at the time we hired him

Shall I go on?

Point is, you can pretend not to see the similarities, but they're there, and some of us saw them as soon as he was hired. I really, really wanted to be wrong about him. But 🤷‍♂️ ... he was exactly what I thought he was.

Edited by Rimbo
  • Hook 'Em 2

55 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

Should have had Dairy Queen in there around steak and shake, but the quality from one joint to the next is hard to predict.

Last year when I was in Florida I went to DQ and tried to order tacos and a chicken and dumplings.  They looked at me like I was on crack.  Turns out they only sell that in TX.  Then I got back to TX and tried to order an Orange Julius.  Same look.  WTF is wrong with DQ?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

You're leaving a lot of things out.

• G5 & unproven as HC
  • Had that one big victory against a major P5 opponent (Florida, OU) but had some questionable losses
  • Each had just one season with 10+ wins 
  • Success seemed to have more to do with a specific player on the opposite side of the ball from coach's specialty (Teddy Bridgewater, Ed Oliver)
  • Won a title as a coordinator under Urban Meyer
  • Had only been a head coach at the one place before we got him
  • Brought his entire staff with him to Texas even though he could've and should've looked at hiring better assistants
  • Wasn't hired with anything resembling a decent search or process -- was a big hot name at the time we hired him

Shall I go on?

yeah, all that shit pretty much falls under the title of "unproven as a HC"

2 minutes ago, dec3169 said:

Last year when I was in Florida I went to DQ and tried to order tacos and a chicken and dumplings.  They looked at me like I was on crack.  Turns out they only sell that in TX.  Then I got back to TX and tried to order an Orange Julius.  Same look.  WTF is wrong with DQ?

The same thing that cause one to have great chicken strips and fries and the other 16 miles down the road to serve the same food but it looks like something else entirely.

• Hook 'Em 1

Alright guys and gals I gotta call it a night, I’ve got a high profile exec compensation agreement to draft tomorrow on a super tight turnaround, I was told it might be public info too soon so gotta be extra careful with the commas and semicolons. Peace and love and whatever else suits your fancy.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dec3169 said:

I can't believe you got weird looks at a Florida DQ, ordering chinese food.  Why do you hate your colon?  

Didn’t pay sales tax. From what I remember the kids didn’t pay it after the parents died for at least a year or two. Loved going to that place as a kid. I remember leaving on car and a bar fight spilling out of the bar across the street. My parents couldn’t get us in the car fast enough.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic