Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

Just now, Rimbo said:

also, what the hell is going on in this thread -- I left to spend time with family and do my job and what is this shit now

Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss is. Ha! Just fisting and people whacking off and people with planes and hamburgers. It’s Monday. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Has anyone mentioned mayonnaise vs mustard on these burgers from the establishments listed?

Lol this thread is cracking me up.  Also get your damn mustard away from my burger, yea I said it!  Especially from DQ, they use the cheapest worst mustard known to man.

14 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

To be fair I actually did take the photo... just not today. A convenient one too (besides the clouds) because if you zoom in on the Garmin I was over Lake Travis. Routed to Austin Exec though.

I did zoom in on the Garmin.  Thought I made out Canyon Lake. 

1 minute ago, 1978horn said:

Didn’t pay sales tax. From what I remember the kids didn’t pay it after the parents died for at least a year or two. Loved going to that place as a kid. I remember leaving on car and a bar fight spilling out of the bar across the street. My parents couldn’t get us in the car fast enough.

Yeah the kids ran it down after they inherited it from the parents.  That place was called "Carmen's La Tapatia" and as far as I know isn't related to the other places called La Tapatia, around town.

It was my absolute favorite Tex-Mex in Austin in the 80s, was really sorry when it closed down.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

The whole Saban saga is so depressing. To have fucked that up is hard to get over. But Urban is only 57 and if he gives us his best shot he will have at least 1 more MNC before he turns 60. 

Urban turned 56 in July, a mere pup compared to the 62 year old that Nick was in 2013. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Lots of parenting going on in this thread too. I’ll post whatever I want and go to bed when I feel like it damnit. Lol. 

$22 million huh? That’s what that milk person tweeted. Tomorrow gonna be interesting for sure. This season has been such a goat-rope. Getting Urban (even if we have to print more money) would be incredible. Lots of newbies about too. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ousux said:
6 hours ago, TejasPedro said:
63660804.jpg
Price: $6,950,000 Property Type: Residential Property Style: Mediterranean Beds: 6 Baths: 8 Square Feet: 10,198 Garage: 4 Area of Town: RN Lot Size: 1.004 MLS #: 1252025

Overpriced af, but thats what Austin has become these days

Wow, I'd say.  The Mediterranean Beds are kinda cool, and the 6 Baths are as well.  But - 8 square feet is way too small.  Also 10,198 garages are a bit much.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Since silly season is in full swing let's check in on the squid.  In the slightest chance this is true then hold onto your butts tomorrow. 

He's staying with me, actually.  Man this guy loves Jack Links Teriyaki and Spicy Nacho Doritos with his Busch Lite.  But keep it just between us, k?

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Mustard.  That's it.  I'd rather fist myself than put mayo on anything. 

Exactly. Mayo is for amateurs. And it’s nasty. And if it’s put on mine (which has been done even though i tell people no fucking Mayo) it totally ruins the entire burger. You have to chuck it. 
can’t believe we have no spies at the airport and no one has tried hacking into Belmont. We are slipping. COVID has screwed it all up. That and ten years of shitty football. We are off our game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Curiously Urban Meyer potentially coming to Texas isn't the only place Futureman has weighed in on fisting.  You have the natural fisting conversation that goes on in any good old fashioned Whataburger thread as well

https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/topic/137-what-do-you-order-at-whataburger/&do=findComment&comment=2763747

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Haha 1

Just now, DaysOff said:

Children of the magenta line. Nothing old school about those displays.

That's true.  Don't get me started.  I got my instrument and cfii at a field with only an NDB approach in old airplanes with shitty ADFs.  Later in the RJ we were still doing DME arc approaches in Mexico with the old 10 degree turn at a time method when I get there.  The younger guys were fucking baffled by it and begging to just let the RNAV fly it.  

17 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss is. Ha! Just fisting and people whacking off and people with planes and hamburgers. It’s Monday. 

Did someone say, "Airplanes?"

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

any mexican food joint worth its salt is one health inspection away from being shut down..the lard is probably 50 years old.

I have lived by a theory for the last 20 years of business travel and it hasn't failed me once.  If you want good Mexican food never go to the places with primary colors on the outside of the building (especially neon lights).  Look for the pastels, and make sure the bldg is one of the crappiest-looking buildings in the area.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

You're leaving a lot of things out.

• G5 & unproven as HC
  • Had that one big victory against a major P5 opponent (Florida, OU) but had some questionable losses
  • Each had just one season with 10+ wins 
  • Success seemed to have more to do with a specific player on the opposite side of the ball from coach's specialty (Teddy Bridgewater, Ed Oliver)
  • Won a title as a coordinator under Urban Meyer
  • Had only been a head coach at the one place before we got him
  • Brought his entire staff with him to Texas even though he could've and should've looked at hiring better assistants
  • Wasn't hired with anything resembling a decent search or process -- was a big hot name at the time we hired him

Shall I go on?

Point is, you can pretend not to see the similarities, but they're there, and some of us saw them as soon as he was hired. I really, really wanted to be wrong about him. But 🤷‍♂️ ... he was exactly what I thought he was.

Thought Charlie had two really good seasons 11-2 and 12-1 before we hired him. (Yes, the hire turned out to be a flop, but he had 2 great seasons at Louisville).

The keeping their G5 staff for too long was both of these coaches downfalls. Strong might still be here if he hadn't waiting until year 3 to make a big change. And Herman might have a conference title if he had had a real DC in 2018 or 2019.

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm sadly holding on to the hope that the guy who claimed to break the Joe Rogan move is right on this one. 
Pfft..Rogan was hinting at blowing out of commiefornia months before Gavin Newsom and the Mayor of LA finally pushed him over the edge

6 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Exactly. Mayo is for amateurs. And it’s nasty. And if it’s put on mine (which has been done even though i tell people no fucking Mayo) it totally ruins the entire burger. You have to chuck it. 
can’t believe we have no spies at the airport and no one has tried hacking into Belmont. We are slipping. COVID has screwed it all up. That and ten years of shitty football. We are off our game. 

I just fell out of love with you. 

16 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

DQ Texas is a separate entity from DQ in the rest of the country....hence the different menus/etc.

I was shocked when I went to a DQ here for the first time, ordered a steak finger basket, and the kid looked at me like I had a unicorn head. I ordered a M&M blizzard and sheepishly walked away. 

Most DQs here only serve ice cream, though I think there is DQ “grill and chill” here now. 

3 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Did someone say, "Airplanes?"

Lol. Never post and fly. It’s too risky. All the fisting talk a week ago made me want to fly into a mountain. Hamburger talk while not in the right thread is better. And I’m not shocked futureman posts about fisting on a actual hamburger thread. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

any mexican food joint worth its salt is one health inspection away from being shut down..the lard is probably 50 years old.

Said lard is sourced from the bacon grease from making breakfast tacos and stored in old coffee cans.  Makes the refried beans that much better.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic