Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

41 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

So when Sam Cosmi, a team captain, elects to opt out and go pro two or three games early, thereby leaving Ehlinger theoretically more exposed than before, I’m sorry if I don’t clap for Cosmi on his way out the door no matter how he performed in his career.

Nor do I clap for Caden Sterns. Another captain who wasn’t really a captain after all.

Even though they quit,  I'll bet both Cosmi and Sterns put captain UT 2020 football team on their resumes. 

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Is there a pic of Shelley house hunting?

since everyone in here is talking about food & osu fans say urban is too connected with his restaurant

which would be better for the urban franchise a restaurant in austin or the restaurant in ohio? how is vince youngs restaurant doing?

Edited by hornfromdallas
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Cosmi has more of an argument but he could have finished out the season.  Both should have their captain patches revoked for quitting before the season is over.  Honestly, looks like the team quit during Texas Tech so not too surprising and from the rumors, some of these guys had to be talked into playing post ou loss.  

Ehlinger and Ossai are true leaders on this team.  Ossai is probably the best NFL prospect and he still hasn't opted out.  No on will blame you for skipping a meaningless bowl game but atleast finish out the season with your teammates.  

Lol at Sterns opting out.  This is like when Malcolm Roach made a post about coming back for his senior year lmao.  

This thread is a fast food discussion disaster.  There's more about shitty cheeseburgers than actual UM discussion. Seems about right. 

What exactly is there to talk about regarding Urban Meyer? Flight aware and tweets about house shopping?

53 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

I don’t know this for certain, but I suspect there are moments when he’s tempted by the prospects of being back in it as a coach, striving toward building and running a powerhouse being wired for how all-consuming that is. And then there probably are other days when he’s very comfortable with his situation now.

the difference is that he can do that TV thing whenever he wants between now and his mid-70s

the longer he stays on the sidelines, the less likely it is he'll ever coach at a program commensurate with his stature again-- if he waits until he's 64 and decides "I HAVE TO COACH AGAIN", he's not getting a job like Texas or USC

2 minutes ago, Bert Orange said:

Is there any logic to UM actually coming to Austin last night to join his wife (if she’s actually here) to scope real estate and PERHAPS check into football facilities for due diligence?  Maybe I’m reaching. 

WTF are you talking about?

49 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

Yes, Paulie Bleaker.  People are just having some fun and you are pissing in their cheerios.  Go back to watching cartoons or whatever the fk you do.  

Arent you the guy who lied to your mother's physician to get her a script of Hydroxychloronique and then stole it and took it yourself and then said it was a miracle cure for Covid?  Hey man, nice to see you. I can't say I'm surprised I've only seen you since then on the Football board, because you're totally sane. 

46 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

mad people GIF

ShorttermRespectfulBonobo-size_restricte

39 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Why could we not do both in the same day? Or within 24 hours of one another. 

Since when do we have nice things?

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

Burton- Tuesday

I think we can all agree that Sam Ehlinger has endured a pretty rough and tumble four years as the starting QB at Texas. Not just riding the roller coaster of emotions of wins and losses, but physically, he has given his body to the game and his team.

So when Sam Cosmi, a team captain, elects to opt out and go pro two or three games early, thereby leaving Ehlinger theoretically more exposed than before, I’m sorry if I don’t clap for Cosmi on his way out the door no matter how he performed in his career.

Nor do I clap for Caden Sterns. Another captain who wasn’t really a captain after all.

By no means am I denigrating their play on the field. Even though I think Cosmi never quite reached the level of All-American, I think he came as close to maximizing his ability as any talented Texas OL has in years. He should be applauded for that. And while Sterns has his deficiencies, especially against speed and quickness in space, he too is a mostly solid player.

Yet I feel strongly that neither captain is actually acting as a captain. The captain goes down with the ship, he’s the one everyone else looks to for guidance in times of tumult. Either they do that or the captains shouldn’t have agreed to be captains in the first place.

I know not everyone will agree with this opinion, and that’s fine. But football, at its core, is a team sport. Your actions impact those of your teammates.

So on Saturday, as we watch the left-side of the Texas pocket collapse earlier than usual because a true freshman is thrust into service at left tackle and Ehlinger takes a hit he might not have otherwise taken, I ask everyone to realize that all choices a person makes can not be about themselves, no matter how justified or financially motivated. Choices impact others.

Especially the choices of “captains”.

I spent some time looking into possible hires of Urban Meyer at Texas.

One name was brought to me from an Ohio State reporter that was interesting.

UCLA offensive coordinator Justin Frye was a GA at Florida and worked for close Meyer friend Steve Adazzio at Temple and Boston College. Frye also coaches the offensive line which would more naturally allow Meyer’s son-in-law Corey Dennis to take the QB coaching position.

Does this mean Meyer to Texas is definitely happening? No, of course not. But it’s a peak into what Meyer might be thinking.

I agree with him on the captain issue.  

1 minute ago, ousux said:
28 minutes ago, Laga4 said:
Even though they quit,  I'll bet both Cosmi and Sterns put captain UT 2020 football team on their resumes. 

Cosmi made a business decision, Sterns quit sometime back during the summer.

They both can get fucked. But you're not wrong, Sterns has been a locker room cancer for damn near a year now. 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, South Austin said:

The fuck happened to this thread?

Just caught up from yesterday and this question, 10 hours later, still works. 

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

You people realize there won’t be an announcement on Meyer made until after we fire Herman, right? I mean, if we announced him before firing Herman you could knock me over with the tiny feather that Futureman calls a penis. 

The rumor mill, particular the AGENT circles, will be our best/first indicator. I know it’s Tuesday, but I’d set expectations accordingly. That doesn’t mean we won’t get good news today even. Or bad. Just that it isn’t likely coming in press conference format. 

And whataburger till I motherfuckin’ die. Or until the new patent company ruins it. 

They’re patenting burgers now? I need to get into the burger game. 

15 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Arent you the guy who lied to your mother's physician to get her a script of Hydroxychloronique and then stole it and took it yourself and then said it was a miracle cure for Covid?  Hey man, nice to see you. I can't say I'm surprised I've only seen you since then on the Football board, because you're totally sane. 

ShorttermRespectfulBonobo-size_restricte

Since when do we have nice things?

I believe that was triplehorn, and it was awesome. RollLeft once told me that he was going to murder me and fuck my wife in a neg rep comment on Shaggy, though. It remains the single greatest rep experience I’ve ever had. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic