Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

Sounds like the cyst is the hold up

The cyst was always going to be the hold up - if there was a hold up.  I don’t know why rap game Larry is so sure it’s done but he’s just as wrong as futureman who is sure it’s not happening.  The situation - its fluid.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Newy25 said:

Not good. The only possible thing that would keep him from coaching again is his concern over health. If that is a thing to discuss now, that’s not good at all. 

But Nahlin is correct in his line of questioning: Why wasn't the cy$t a bigger i$$ue before now?

1 minute ago, UncleBuck said:

But Nahlin is correct in his line of questioning: Why wasn't the cy$t a bigger i$$ue before now?

I guess that is possible. It certainly could be a negotiation ploy. But if you wanted this to happen what you did not want to hear about this week was his chatter about his health. 

21 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

OL Larry with another cryptic tweet featuring Pauly shore from the movie son n law. 

Well since RapGameLarry has been so bullish on this, it would seem hes insinuating Corey Dennis is locked up to come as well. In the comments he was insinuating Quinn Ewers is coming as well.

He was still coaching at tOSU with his cyst.  He had the health concerns after UF and still took tOSU.  It's not like he's just now seeing a doctor to learn about his health concerns.  If anything, it will be his excuse to turn us down.

I'll say this much, if he turns down Texas, he will not get this same offer from another school.  Other schools will also not take him seriously if he expresses interest.  All speculation on my end.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

The medical clearance issue is overblown. Beyond advising him to avoid stressful activity, what else will a physician do? The man is healthy enough to work as a commentator (and he seems to take that job pretty seriously). AFAIK, there has not been a medical restriction that has been reported thus far precluding him from being a head football coach at a blueblood school. 

There's a bit of a difference between the stress level of working as a commentator and head coaching a top college football program 

My guess is Urban wants to come to texas, so much so that he blew off his health issues entirely with full focus on getting the juices flowing to get back into it. Now it’s decision time and either him, his family or even his doctors are telling him to slow it the fuck down buddy this is real...I still think if it was the death knell we would know by now...

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

I guess that is possible. It certainly could be a negotiation ploy. But if you wanted this to happen what you did not want to hear about this week was his chatter about his health. 

No, you're right. I just think it's a possibility we're dealing with last minute negotiations. Maybe more money for staff, who knows. You'd think health would be the first obstacle in considering a comeback. We've gotten kinda far here, if the reporting has been correct.

Ketch

Spoiler

Just wanted to pass along a few notes on things during this moment of quiet ...

a. It's very gloomy around the football facility. All of us on staff pretty much communicated with at least one person on the football side of things on Monday and there's a sense that they know what the future holds and that the end could come at any time. Some fear exists inside the building that change could come before Saturday's game, although that's not something that we have heard through any kind of credible sourcing. It's just part of the anxiety that is being felt inside the football department.

b. In speaking with a couple of people inside the industry on Monday, there was a general feeling that keeping Herman around this week would provide cover for Urban Meyer to make a decision about his future without a spotlight shining on him in a way that an announcement of Herman's firing would create. With the game on Saturday morning, there's a belief that Meyer has this week to take all of the time he needs to figure out what he wants to do with his family.

One agent involved with college football that is involved with various levels of the Texas program told me he believes an unofficial deadline might exist at the end of the week, before Meyer joins the Fox Studio Show for the pre-game of Texas/Kansas State, which will air at 11 a.m. on Fox.

"I think he'll want to avoid any embarrassment that might come from discussing a job that he might want on national television, while the current coach still is officially in place. No matter what he thinks of Herman, there's a protocol about these things that you're expected to follow as a coach and I think Meyer will hold himself to a standard that keeps him from being in that kind of position."

If Meyer says no, he'd be able to talk about the job on the set without the cloud of him taking the job being the elephant in the room, but what if he wants the job?

Then what?

"That would make for an interesting Saturday morning," the agent said. "I wouldn't be surprised if that happened if Texas released a statement announcing his fate before the game starts on Saturday. Basically, they'll do whatever Urban wants them to do, I would think."

Speculation is growing that whatever happens with Meyer's decision will likely happen before Saturday's pre-game show takes place. If not, it'll set up one of the more fascinating pre-game show moments in recent college football history.

c. I texted with a high-level administration official on Monday night and although they didn't have a clue as to the direction this thing would take, the fact that Shelley Meyer (Urban's wife) has been good-natured and relaxed about the conversation of her husband coming to Texas on social media is viewed as a good sign.

"Momma has to be happy for Urban to be happy. At least, Momma doesn't seem mad!" the source said.

d. Finally, something to keep an eye on. We've heard from folks with knowledge of the situation that both Joseph Ossai and Brennan Eagles are evaluating their NFL options. We don't know if they will pull the trigger, but sources close to both players say they are pondering the possibility.

So CUM has been in play now for a month plus. Very easy for him to say, “No thanks. Cyst issues. Happy as analyst. Don’t need the stress. The wife is a no go and I don’t want a divorce. Blah blah blah.” Incredibly easy to say that. I’m just saying if that were the case we’d know by now.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

If RapGameLarry is to be believed, I DMed him (Because im a shmuck) and he said he expected everything to come down after the KSU Game, but that things picked up and theres alot of smoke to Herman being out today, hence his tweet. He said regardless of it happening today, it is happening.

• Hook 'Em 7

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

So CUM has been in play now for a month plus. Very easy for him to say, “No thanks. Cyst issues. Happy as analyst. Don’t need the stress. The wife is a no go and I don’t want a divorce. Blah blah blah.” Incredibly easy to say that. I’m just saying if that were the case we’d know by now.

You would think but never underestimate the size of some people’s ego and their need to feed it.

2 minutes ago, Fud said:

There's a bit of a difference between the stress level of working as a commentator and head coaching a top college football program 

Yeah no shit. From a medical standpoint, no respectable physician is going to state on record that someone is good to work as a commentator, but not good to work as a head coach. That's not how any of this works. 

If health is an actual issue, objections are coming from his family. And as @UncleBuck so eloquently stated, it's more than likely a ploy for a better contract. If Urban is serious about a return to coaching, his camp needs to be careful how they navigate this situation. Sure they may leave Texas at the altar, but in the future that could come back to bite him in the ass.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Urban Cowboy > Gillies > Pasadena is near Houston > Houston BMDs

The same Houston BMDs who hired Herman because he blew so much smoke up their ass while at cougar high instead of coaching up his team to beat SMU and Navy? 

Just now, WBT said:

The same Houston BMDs who hired Herman because he blew so much smoke up their ass while at cougar high instead of coaching up his team to beat SMU and Navy? 

Hey now. You can't expect to beat SMU every year.

Well, a lot of teams do, but that's beside the point.

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic