Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

5 hours ago, Not a Sock said:

Yeah Urban isn’t done coaching. Look at Ole’ Bag of Dicks when stoops retired that motherfucker dropped off the face of the earth and largely hasn’t been hear from since that’s someone who is done with game of football and is enjoying retirement  smoking meth on a the shores of frack water lake in in Oklahoma. Urban is still very much a man with the fire to coach and win left in him.

I don’t think Urban is done coaching either. I would guess he would want to go out under better circumstances more to his liking (and control). As for Ol’ Bag of Dicks it seems like something happened there. If I recall, his “retirement” was rather sudden and unexpected, as if there is something something he’d rather not come to light. Of course, I really have no idea, but this is what we do here.

5 hours ago, Not a Sock said:

Yeah Urban isn’t done coaching. Look at Ole’ Bag of Dicks when stoops retired that motherfucker dropped off the face of the earth and largely hasn’t been hear from since that’s someone who is done with game of football and is enjoying retirement  smoking meth on a the shores of frack water lake in in Oklahoma. Urban is still very much a man with the fire to coach and win left in him.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

I don’t think Urban is done coaching either. I would guess he would want to go out under better circumstances more to his liking (and control). As for Ol’ Bag of Dicks it seems like something happened there. If I recall, his “retirement” was rather sudden and unexpected, as if there is something something he’d rather not come to light. Of course, I really have no idea, but this is what we do here.

Ol' Bag of Dicks was stealing money from the Dallas Renegades last Spring until the league folded.   

3 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Still weird he hasnt been a bigger HC target, hes only 60...

Think we will see more of this from some of the borderline elite guys who just can't get over the hump consistently due to the astronomical pay we see today. Bank $5 million/year starting at age 40 then ride off into the sunset and have zero pressure or responsibility. 

4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Lulz. That's extremely weak. In an interview with Colin Cowherd (of all people), Urban was asked a hypothetical question about Lincoln Riley taking the Cowboys job, which wasn't available at the time (I'm sensing a pattern here), and he says he doesn't know Riley and can't speak for him but acknowledges that the Cowboys brand is one of the tops in the league. So, when Colin goes further and asks another hypothetical question that, if the Cowboys called, would you listen, and he says he would, you take that to mean he openly expressed interest in the Cowboys job? Which wasn't open? What else was he going to say when asked a ridiculous hypothetical question by a shallow plastic moron on a nationally broadcast interview? "Fuck the Cowboys?" It was a stupid question that got an easy, uncontroversial answer. 

From everything I've ever seen, I'm very confident in saying Urban's not interested in coaching in the NFL. But if you think he is then why would he be interested in the Texas job?

He definitely wants to coach again. There's plenty of evidence and plenty of sources saying that's the case. 

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

All I’m going to say is just wait for the next loss. 

This.  Nothing is happening until we are eliminated from B12 title game contention.  We keep winning, and we'll wait and see what happens.  9-2 and with Conf championship and Sugar Bowl Win over FL to get to 10-2, he may survive.  8-3 with a late loss to ISU , i say 50-50.  Anything less than those two scenarios, adios.

You have a desired outcome. I don't. I mean, I guess I'd like to see him stay on Fox Sports because I really enjoy his analysis and explanation of football X's & O's. But I'll continue to follow his career with interest if he goes back into coaching wherever it is, whether it's Texas, USC, Notre Dame (that I wouldn't like to see but I'd understand), the Cowboys or any other team. I'll bet I've been following his career with interest since long before most of you ever heard his name. 
You desperately want him to coach at Texas and are trying to convince yourself (yourselves?) that, not only is the job opening already certain, he's already in the bag. When I respond to silly statements like Schulz's, you get defensive because you don't want to hear anything other than that you're Texas and of course you're going to get Urban. Just like you were going to get Saban. 
We don't know if he wants to get back into coaching. To find out if he does, two things need to happen. First, a job has to come open and be offered to him. Second, he has to take it. We haven't even gotten to step 1 yet. If I had to bet on it, I'd bet that he likes what he's doing at Fox Sports and wants to continue building what they started with him as the big name on their Big Noon Saturday show to compete with College GameDay. But I don't know. I could be wrong. I do know that any rational person in his position wouldn't make any decision until after the season is over and he could weigh all his options. It's a seller's market and, if he does want to get back into coaching, he has all the leverage. It's not like Texas or anyone else will pressure him into taking the job right now before they give it to someone else. If you say, "Take it or leave it!" then, as he's walking out the door after saying, "I'll leave it," you'll say, "Wait, wait, wait, let's not be hasty here!"
I didn't read any of this shit, but that's a lot of words for someone who has already stated they don't really care about this topic. Which was my point.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Just now, Bill Lumbergh said:
4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:
You have a desired outcome. I don't. I mean, I guess I'd like to see him stay on Fox Sports because I really enjoy his analysis and explanation of football X's & O's. But I'll continue to follow his career with interest if he goes back into coaching wherever it is, whether it's Texas, USC, Notre Dame (that I wouldn't like to see but I'd understand), the Cowboys or any other team. I'll bet I've been following his career with interest since long before most of you ever heard his name. 
You desperately want him to coach at Texas and are trying to convince yourself (yourselves?) that, not only is the job opening already certain, he's already in the bag. When I respond to silly statements like Schulz's, you get defensive because you don't want to hear anything other than that you're Texas and of course you're going to get Urban. Just like you were going to get Saban. 
We don't know if he wants to get back into coaching. To find out if he does, two things need to happen. First, a job has to come open and be offered to him. Second, he has to take it. We haven't even gotten to step 1 yet. If I had to bet on it, I'd bet that he likes what he's doing at Fox Sports and wants to continue building what they started with him as the big name on their Big Noon Saturday show to compete with College GameDay. But I don't know. I could be wrong. I do know that any rational person in his position wouldn't make any decision until after the season is over and he could weigh all his options. It's a seller's market and, if he does want to get back into coaching, he has all the leverage. It's not like Texas or anyone else will pressure him into taking the job right now before they give it to someone else. If you say, "Take it or leave it!" then, as he's walking out the door after saying, "I'll leave it," you'll say, "Wait, wait, wait, let's not be hasty here!"

Read more  

I didn't read any of this shit, but that's a lot of words for someone who has already stated they don't really care about this topic. Which was my point.

It’s amazing for not caring how much he post. Kind of cringe, not going to lie. 

21 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

This.  Nothing is happening until we are eliminated from B12 title game contention.  We keep winning, and we'll wait and see what happens.  9-2 and with Conf championship and Sugar Bowl Win over FL to get to 10-2, he may survive.  8-3 with a late loss to ISU , i say 50-50.  Anything less than those two scenarios, adios.

even the next loss wouldn't necessarily eliminate us.  we would be in the "don't control your own destiny" position.  

either way if you have Urban locked up you reassign and announce as soon as possible.  you don't wait on Tom fucking Herman to figure out if he can coach at this level if you have Urban agreed to.  you lose the advantage of him not being at a current job.  

The Squid handle is.... interesting. Seems these two accounts are very recent, and attached to this Larry somehow. 
I just journeyed through the history of those accounts and came to the same conclusion. The squid account in particular is truly bizarre. It has retweeted a ton of random stuff about squids, posted a few football things, and then zeroed in on UM and Texas.
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

even the next loss wouldn't necessarily eliminate us.  we would be in the "don't control your own destiny" position.  

either way if you have Urban locked up you reassign and announce as soon as possible.  you don't wait on Tom fucking Herman to figure out if he can coach at this level if you have Urban agreed to.  you lose the advantage of him not being at a current job.  

I think the next loss does it, even if we're still not technically out of it.  Let the interim rally the team and maybe we get lucky and backdoor in.  Another loss and he's done imo. CDC being quiet since the OU loss and the 3 huge decomittments is very telling.

I'm close friends with a guy whose brother lives in Columbus and has been a lead TV sports reporter and now does talk sports radio (and surprisingly makes more money due to endorsement). I asked my buddy what he was hearing about Urban a few weeks ago but he forgot to ask his brother. Hopefully, I get some info. this week. I feel like it is going to happen, though. Maybe, before I get the inside scoop, if his brother has any.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

I think the next loss does it, even if we're still not technically out of it.  Let the interim rally the team and maybe we get lucky and backdoor in.  Another loss and he's done imo. CDC being quiet since the OU loss and the 3 huge decomittments is very telling.

I was commenting on your nothing is happening until we are eliminated. elimination could be weeks away even with a loss this week.  sure the next loss might do it.  I won't hold my breath though.  Texas is still Cal until CDC proves otherwise....

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

I was commenting on your nothing is happening until we are eliminated. elimination could be weeks away even with a loss this week.  sure the next loss might do it.  I won't hold my breath though.  Texas is still Cal until CDC proves otherwise....

All I will say is if we lose to WVU with the bye week next week is that it’s the perfect time. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

All I will say is if we lose to WVU with the bye week next week is that it’s the perfect time. 

sure but I'd go with now is the perfect time.  actually come to think of it after Maryland 2 electric boogaloo was the perfect time.

8 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Your comparison is mindnumbingly dumb, but ignoring that for a moment...

Are you saying if we're throwing ethics out the window we should pursue Briles over Meyer? How does that work? Even if the horrible comparison you were trying to make was accurate, wouldn't the better answer still be to hire Meyer?

If so...what's your point?

Your vagina is a bit sandy, go clean your crevasses. No, Meyer is not the better option, as he is an outsider to this region, and frankly he is as big a scumbag as Briles. So all things equal, fuck you.

Pretty sure Briles would do exactly what Urban would do in paying off players and has a history of turning his head to criminal activity. Yeah Urban won championships, lot of them, and has been run out for being a scumbag shortly there after. Switzer won as well. 

• Fuck You 7

44 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I'm close friends with a guy whose brother lives in Columbus and has been a lead TV sports reporter and now does talk sports radio (and surprisingly makes more money due to endorsement). I asked my buddy what he was hearing about Urban a few weeks ago but he forgot to ask his brother. Hopefully, I get some info. this week. I feel like it is going to happen, though. Maybe, before I get the inside scoop, if his brother has any.

This is about as solid of intelligence as we can get on this board.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic