Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

8 minutes ago, boilerhorn said:

First thought was a quick chat with Matt Canada (Pitt QB coach) or Teryl Austin (former DC for Meyer at UF), but Steelers play Ravens tomorrow at 3:40p ET.  On NBC.

Perhaps they need to empty the latrine and Allegheny is as good a place as any.

In all seriousness,  is Canada someone we would consider as OC? Just know that ogre meddled and his offense looked like amazing against us but that happened every week regardless of who we played. 

Just now, Butch Had Not said:

In all seriousness,  is Canada someone we would consider as OC? Just know that ogre meddled and his offense looked like amazing against us but that happened every week regardless of who we played. 

was rumored to be very difficult to deal with at LSU

7 minutes ago, CenTex Hill Billy said:

Someone that had his contract in the other thread saidwe only pay $5MM per year for buyout. Not the whole salary.

Randolph Duke said that based off his first contract, not the extension. The terms certainly could have changed when they agreed to the extension.

10 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

My sources tell me the plane is stopping in PA so the people on board can reenact some scenes from The Deer Hunter. 

Hopefully not the wedding scene or this Urban situation is gonna drag into Jan 2021.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Which of you Surly 1% 'ers chartered this flight just to fuck with us?

Sorry for partying.

20 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

To pick up our QB for next year,  Ben Roethlisberger!

I'm pretty sure he's got at least one year of eligibility left. This can't get any more perfect!

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, dec3169 said:

Wow - small world.  I was 18, in the USAF in England, and drank a full bottle on top of all the beer I had been drinking all day.  4 day hangover, likely alcohol poisoning.  To this day I can't even stand to smell southern comfort.  I can't even drink Dr Pepper because it reminds me too much of SC.

Fireball is "that" liquor for me. 

21 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Yes.  Urban is in LA Friday through Sunday.  Looks like we would have flown out there to meet with him - and may be meeting with him in Columbus on Weds.

Thanks for making sense of this for my addled brain. On 4 hours sleep. Was up at work since 230am.

3 minutes ago, wood said:

Chrissy Amphlett was hot AF in a trashy (the good kind) way. Pretty sure I don't wanna see what she looks like now. Hard to believe that was 30 years ago. Got dammit.

Well, she's been dead for 7 years, so you probably don't. Unless you into that kinda thing. 

• Like 1

So something like.... the contract guys/AD reps go out on Saturday to LA to meet with Meyer, wrap Sunday. Deal with paperwork with Fox on Monday and fly back. Then the same plane heads to Pitt  (maybe to get Urban Meyers lawyer or agent) and then to Columbus to meet and sign off tomorrow afternoon...

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Meyer is still on tOSU payroll as Assistant AD, so probably goes without saying he would have some housekeeping to do on that front with tOSU admins if he were to take a HC job at another university. 

That and other wives have to take a day or two to stomach the idea of moving the kids from their schools, selling the house and whole slew of considerations.  

18 minutes ago, dec3169 said:

Wow - small world.  I was 18, in the USAF in England, and drank a full bottle on top of all the beer I had been drinking all day.  4 day hangover, likely alcohol poisoning.  To this day I can't even stand to smell southern comfort.  I can't even drink Dr Pepper because it reminds me too much of SC.

Jeremiah Weed. 

11 minutes ago, alincoln said:

Urban would land at KOSU not CMH

Seems equally plausible that Jet Linx (the operator of the plane in question) has a KCMH hangar but not one at KOSU or there is some other logical reason they might be obligated to fly into KCMH. Perhaps Urban might not want to fly into KOSU given the reason for his visit / the general circumstances?

Just seems like a silly basis for dismissing a plane that has taken a very unique path (AUS --> LA --> AUS --> COL) that largely lines up with the timeline of speculated events. 

17 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

This is a dangerous game to be playing on the Football board.

0V9QEn.gif

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Jagermeister is mine

3 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Pappy Van Winkle is mine.  Wait, what are we talking about?

Guys, I think they make something for that. Hmmm.... I’m not sure I remember exactly what is call- oh yeah, it’s called ‘cocaine’

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Well, she died in 2013, so yeah.

9 minutes ago, Deej said:

Well, she's been dead for 7 years, so you probably don't. Unless you into that kinda thing. 

See? Told y'all I didn't wanna see what she looks like now...

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic