Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Mine doesn’t give two shits about sports but she likes going tailgating and to the games. She referred to Earl Campbell as “the guy who makes sausage?”

So You’re saying that your wife enjoys Earl Campbell’s sausage?

2 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

no, jetlinx (operating the F900) hq is omaha

atlanta dekalb is the jetlinx fbo station with closest equidistant triangulation between cincy lunken, austin and tampa/sarasota.

but an f900 shouldn't need fuel between LUK and TPA.

14 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Man this shit stopped making sense about 20 pages ago 

Sense doesn't matter here

Rationale has been discussed at length for stops in ATX, LA, Cincy and FL, but this is the narrative I have subscribed to as far as the logic behind the stops in Pittsburgh and Atlanta.

Weakest basis is Pittsburgh - best guesses there are that (i) Urban was trying to line up (as Option A or B) the Pitt Recruiting Director that was his recruiting assistant at tOSU or (ii) Mickey Marotti was there for some reason - perhaps due to tOSU's upcoming game at MSU being up in the air this week until recently -- Marotti is from Ambridge, PA about ~20 miles outside of Pittsburgh and I think he still has parents/family there.

As far as ATL, my bet is refueling/routine maintenance pitstop. As mentioned earlier today, that's one of Jet Linx's primary U.S. bases/FBOs. Based on this website about the base and some minor digging, seems like a cornerstone of Jet Linx's business is having negotiated lower jet fuel prices at its FBOs - I read that to mean that in practice Jet Linx might only refuel at bases like that one, or at the very least make the stop at a base to refuel and do regular/mandatory maintenance with their dedicated team there if it's on the flight path and logical. In any event, Peachtree is almost dead center on the flight path between Cincy and Tampa. Alternative reason might be simply to meet up with new passengers joining, such as those on this flight that has been mentioned in this thread - it gets into Peachtree tomorrow at 9:48 a.m., just 20 minutes after the "Kendra Scott" flight with Sarasota final destination.

• Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I think they stopped in Tampa to have dinner at Bern's Steakhouse.  If they order a $30K bottle of wine we will know it's with UT money and it's a celebration dinner to be the new coach of the Longhorns.  

Gonna need to see a receipt for that bottle

13 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

So to summarize this same Jet went from ATX to LA on Sat where Urban was over the weekend back to ATX on Monday.  Today it flew from ATX to PIT (still don't know the significance of that yet) then to Columbus.  Theoretically, picked up Shelley and just went to Cincy for the night.  Their son is a walk on for Cincy.  Tomorrow AM it goes Cincy-ATL (someone mentioned a brother in law there).  Then ATL-Tampa where it lays over a few hours (theory they pick up some people there) then Tampa-Sarasota quick flight where they have a vacation house (Siesta Key) and where Shelley has said on Twitter where they're going to be this weekend.

Oh yeah, small detail.  Jet appears to be owned by Kendra Scott's ex husband.  

Keep Up!!!  See it's simple.

Also plane flying from Ohio state airport into horseshoe bay then similar plan flies to GA within 30 min time frame of the above plane. 

7 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Pittsburgh as a defensive assistant, so very attainable. 

He seems to take a new job every year though. I think he was DC at Florida the year after Meyer left.

Thanks for the correction South Austin. Per S. Austin, he was DC for Meyer at Florida for 3 years.

Edited by Bevo

6 minutes ago, sidis said:

but an f900 shouldn't need fuel between LUK and TPA.

Right, but who knows when the last time was that this plane filled up, what Jet Linx's practices are as far as where to fuel (as mentioned, plausible if not likely they prioritize refuel/maintenance at their designated bases when convenient) and whether it'll be making a cross-country jump post-FL. 

10 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Since we've talked about burgers, bourbon, and all shorts of shit on this thread, can I remind everyone that we fucking own UNC in basketball?  Go Horns!

I have no idea why they ever agree to play us.  We are their cockroach.  We're the TCU of roundball.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

And also she has pics from Siesta Key on her twitter.  they seem to go there quite a bit.

spacer.png

Top rated beach in the mainland.  Grandparents bought a condo there in early 70’s dirt cheap and then retired there.  Big retirement hangout for Midwest types (grandparents were from Michigan).  Hate that my mom and uncle sold the place after grandparents passed.  

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic