Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

7 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Rationale has been discussed at length for stops in ATX, LA, Cincy and FL, but this is the narrative I have subscribed to as far as the logic behind the stops in Pittsburgh and Atlanta.

Weakest basis is Pittsburgh - best guesses there are that (i) Urban was trying to line up (as Option A or B) the Pitt Recruiting Director that was his recruiting assistant at tOSU or (ii) Mickey Marotti was there for some reason - perhaps due to tOSU's upcoming game at MSU being up in the air this week until recently -- Marotti is from Ambridge, PA about ~20 miles outside of Pittsburgh and I think he still has parents/family there.

As far as ATL, my bet is refueling/routine maintenance pitstop. As mentioned earlier today, that's one of Jet Linx's primary U.S. bases/FBOs. Based on this website about the base and some minor digging, seems like a cornerstone of Jet Linx's business is having negotiated lower jet fuel prices at its FBOs - I read that to mean that in practice Jet Linx might only refuel at bases like that one, or at the very least make the stop at a base to refuel and do regular/mandatory maintenance with their dedicated team there if it's on the flight path and logical. In any event, Peachtree is almost dead center on the flight path between Cincy and Tampa. Alternative reason might be simply to meet up with new passengers joining, such as those on this flight that has been mentioned in this thread - it gets into Peachtree tomorrow at 9:48 a.m., just 20 minutes after the "Kendra Scott" flight with Sarasota final destination.

Well done on the Jet A.  leave austin with a full tank, but no JetLinx FBO at AGC/PIT, CMH, CVG/LUK, so you gas up on the way to Tampa at the most convenient Jet Linx FBO.

DeKalb.

5 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Right, but who knows when the last time was that this plane filled up, what Jet Linx's practices are as far as where to fuel (as mentioned, plausible if not likely they prioritize refuel/maintenance at their designated bases when convenient) and whether it'll be making a cross-country jump post-FL. 

Also you have to maintain your weight and balance. Full of people and luggage, you can't top off the tanks. You take a 4 seater plane from the 70's and throw four 250 lb. guys in it and you are overweight with empty tanks.

CHIEF

Edited by CHIEF

1 minute ago, CHIEF said:

Also you have to maintain your weight and balance. Full of people and luggage, you can't top off the tanks. You take a 4 seater plane from the 70's and throw four 250 lb. guys in it and you are overweight with empty tanks.

CHIEF

Plus, you have to factor in how much the coke weighs.

Wait...

• Haha 1

I don’t think it matters in the big picture, but they’re not going to plan a whole new fuel stop to buy from their preferred FBO unless they were going to be there anyway. The fuel required for the approach and the extra takeoff and climb out would offset any savings they got from cheaper fuel.  

Edited by Your Mom

Just now, Patricio Swayze said:

Haha. Got em!

Also, that is a rabbit hole not for the faint of heart.

gf and I aren't into it much but when we do we like guy on guy action.  who knew?  not sure I'd want to fall in that hole on that reddit. I bet there's some scaryAF incels in there.

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

I don't think either of them are particularly OU oriented. They are still in Texas.

One of them is really fixed on OU sports, pretty sure it's the Ticket.  There was another thread here not long ago with DFW posters recalling their slander of the team during Mack's years, even when he won it all.

4 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I find it quite strange how two planes are going to be going to Dekalb Peachtree at the same time.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/EJA589/history/20201203/1330Z/KBTR/KPDK

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/JTL512/history/20201203/1330Z/KLUK/KPDK

Am I fishing too much or is this just ironic?

@derpyhorndog

Just now, Gravy Train said:

One of them is really fixed on OU sports, pretty sure it's the Ticket.  There was another thread here not long ago with DFW posters recalling their slander of the team during Mack's years, even when he won it all.

I probably listened to 105.3 mostly when I was living up there I guess. 

2 minutes ago, Gravy Train said:

I’ve been gone for a few years, but the Ticket had a big OU flavor. Two of the bigger hosts are Sooner cocksuckers. 

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Gravy Train said:

There is one host who is fixed on OU but not the whole station...

3 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Yeah, people doing that shit and tracking various links of a coaches former lover is boardering on the psychopath stalker edge. Fuck next thing you know someone is going start throwing rocks in glass houses  or some such shit. Glad nothing like that goes on here.

and there have been at least 3 pics of guns while such stalker shenanigans are occurring.  we are not a bunch to have a light shown on us very brightly.

• Haha 1

It’s been said that Urban wants total control of the FB program. Give it to him, but the minute (if) he goes off course, CDC can step in. Urban will correct (hopefully) or quit, problem solved either way. My guess is UM will correct things because his lasting legacy is at stake. Look at Barry Swi...nvm. 

1 hour ago, Mo Horn said:

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/id/EJA514-1606863961-7-1-50

There has been a flight scheduled all day back to Columbus, but it was originally scheduled for later this evening. Now it's set to take off at 4:30. Interesting. 

Holycrap. I was out walking the dog at the exact time that plane would have been going overhead and saw a plane headed into the OSU airport and thought, 'Is that the first plane I've seen in route to the OSU airport since March?'

I was clueless we have a its happening thread.

Is he picking up Zach S. while he's here?

EDIT- I suck at reading that would have been takeoff time.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

27 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Rationale has been discussed at length for stops in ATX, LA, Cincy and FL, but this is the narrative I have subscribed to as far as the logic behind the stops in Pittsburgh and Atlanta.

Weakest basis is Pittsburgh - best guesses there are that (i) Urban was trying to line up (as Option A or B) the Pitt Recruiting Director that was his recruiting assistant at tOSU or (ii) Mickey Marotti was there for some reason - perhaps due to tOSU's upcoming game at MSU being up in the air this week until recently -- Marotti is from Ambridge, PA about ~20 miles outside of Pittsburgh and I think he still has parents/family there.

As far as ATL, my bet is refueling/routine maintenance pitstop. As mentioned earlier today, that's one of Jet Linx's primary U.S. bases/FBOs. Based on this website about the base and some minor digging, seems like a cornerstone of Jet Linx's business is having negotiated lower jet fuel prices at its FBOs - I read that to mean that in practice Jet Linx might only refuel at bases like that one, or at the very least make the stop at a base to refuel and do regular/mandatory maintenance with their dedicated team there if it's on the flight path and logical. In any event, Peachtree is almost dead center on the flight path between Cincy and Tampa. Alternative reason might be simply to meet up with new passengers joining, such as those on this flight that has been mentioned in this thread - it gets into Peachtree tomorrow at 9:48 a.m., just 20 minutes after the "Kendra Scott" flight with Sarasota final destination.

I get all of that but I'm just saying we're reaching pretty hard if we're being serious for a minute. Urban could literally just be sitting on his couch this week before they go to FL lol. It's all good fun though and I thought the Eltife flight hypothesis was crazy before that got broken so hey it's all possible

2 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Holycrap. I was out walking the dog at the exact time that plane would have been going overhead and saw a plane headed into the OSU airport and thought, 'Is that the first plane I've seen in route to the OSU airport since March?'

I was clueless we have a its happening thread.

that plane then goes to the OSU private airport.  Things are happening.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic