Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Sorry I made fun of your article CJ, but I don't give TFB a dime. Didn't read the article and don't have access. Still, want to bet that it's a big pile of nothing?

It probably is nothing, I'd still rather have someone post it without you being a retard and gatekeeping it before letting us call him a retard for what is actually written

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

The tOSU salt in those comments is amazing. They're probably having PTSD from LeBron leaving the first time. 

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Austin is a special assistant/consultant with the Steelers.  He had a really terrible few games as the Bengals DC and it basically killed any opportunity he might have had to get a HC job.  Went to Pittsburgh to rehabilitate.  

I'm with you. I was asking @alincoln because he's plugged into the happenings at OSU and might have been dropping a hint.

• Hook 'Em 1

Nate Meyer accepted my follow request. Which made me stop to wonder what the fuck I'm doing with my life.

I guess I'll update if he posts anything groundbreaking?

First find: he's dating this guys daughter.

Screenshot_20201202-183813_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a724c25609d299b20c22c106bb80e6d6.jpg

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

The McRib is the symbol of everything that is horribly wrong with the fast food industry. It’s not even made from rib meat, but rather ground up picnic pork meat made up into a patty shaped like rib meat. I view this sandwich as the ultimate troll job from McDonald’s where I’m sure a cross functional team of marketers, food scientists and serial killers decided on a good way to reuse the variety meats from the pig previously reserved for frozen exports to China. For whatever reason, you cannot call a product something other than it is anywhere else in our economy unless you slap it in a bun and sell it through a drive through apparently. 

It solves the lack of rib meat taste and avoids tasting like the imitation patty made from leftover Chinese exports by slathering it in a highly fattening, sodium filled sauce that is slightly less healthy than ketchup. Of all of the fast food choices, the McRib represents the worst of all for the consumer combining terrible quality with the most unhealthy aspects of anything you can get in fast food. 

• Hook 'Em 3

OK FOLKS. From a text thread I’m on, a Big Dick Cigar just threw us a bone and said “I’ll be shocked if Herman isn’t on our sidelines next year.”

Dallas guy. Guaranteed he was at the recent Dallas pow wow. I’m officially on the It’s happening train.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Teryor said:

So to be clear, you like them enough to give them money, but don't trust what they write, and won't even post the update so others can make a judgement. Go fuck yourself.

4 minutes ago, Teryor said:

It probably is nothing, I'd still rather have someone post it without you being a retard and gatekeeping it before letting us call him a retard for what is actually written

You doing ok bud? This is still a happy thread as far as I can tell.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

The McRib is the symbol of everything that is horribly wrong with the fast food industry. It’s not even made from rib meat, but rather ground up picnic pork meat made up into a patty shaped like rib meat. I view this sandwich as the ultimate troll job from McDonald’s where I’m sure a cross functional team of marketers, food scientists and serial killers decided on a good way to reuse the variety meats from the pig previously reserved for frozen exports to China. For whatever reason, you cannot call a product something other than it is anywhere else in our economy unless you slap it in a bun and sell it through a drive through apparently. 

It solves the lack of rib meat taste and avoids tasting like the imitation patty made from leftover Chinese exports by slathering it in a highly fattening, sodium filled sauce that is slightly less healthy than ketchup. Of all of the fast food choices, the McRib represents the worst of all for the consumer combining terrible quality with the most unhealthy aspects of anything you can get in fast food. 

This was completely fucking unnecessary.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Paging @CenTex Hill Billy and @derpyhorndog tell me i'm not crazy!

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/JTL512/history/20201203/1330Z/KLUK/KPDK

This is Kendra Scotts plane

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/EJA589/history/20201203/1330Z/KBTR/KPDK

Can't identify tail # sorry. They blurred everything out in the cockpit.

2 minutes ago, Caddox said:

OK FOLKS. From a text thread I’m on, a Big Dick Cigar just threw us a bone and said “I’ll be shocked if Herman isn’t on our sidelines next year.”

Dallas guy. Guaranteed he was at the recent Dallas pow wow. I’m officially on the It’s happening train.

Uh...what?!

Huh? I got the confuseds 

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, Teryor said:

Wants three year contracts for assistants, complete control over support staff, academic support staff, physicians/trainers, and wants an assistant athletic director specifically for football. Also, facilities upgrades that he'll have input on including two different indoor turf fields and a grass practice field

• Hook 'Em 6

A buckeye is a powerful good luck charm.  If you rub it really, really hard every day you might just wind up with a plus 70 million dollar contract for coaching a team helmed by Strong and Herman for the past few years. Mack Brown farts, eats an orange slice,  a cookie and hopes Phil Longo stays put.  

4 minutes ago, Caddox said:

As a gimp or what 

• Haha 1

What are you trying to say?

32 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Impressive sleuthing but do people really think a BMD is going to make Urban and his family stop in Atlanta for a 4.5 hour layover to get some routine maintenance and fuel on the plane? Y'all know jets can make it from Ohio to FL without stopping right? If that's our BMDs' way of closing people I think we've identified a problem. If this was Urban's own plane, then maybe the ATL maintenance stop would make sense.

The in laws story is plausible except Corey Dennis is coaching this week so he wouldn't be going with them. Unless people are talking about a different set of in laws. But then why a 4.5 hr layover if just picking someone up?

Also why stop in Tampa just to go on to Sarasota?

So explain this and maybe it is just a HUGE coincidence.  That same plane was in LA this past weekend.  Comes back to ATX.  Ends up going to Columbus (Shelley Meyer), stops in Cincy for the night (son), then you're right I dont understand the ATL layover.  Tampa does make sense to pick up people and then it ends up in Sarasota exactly where Shelley says she is going to be on vacation.  Thats a lot of coincidences.  A LOT.  Maybe it is just nothing.  You may be right but thats a lot.

Edited by PassiveAggressiveCoach
  • Hook 'Em 3

Csb

TFB-Know nothing but at least they have backed off the it’s not happening stance

Early on in this Urban Meyer saga, the chances of landing Urban appeared to be good. Recently we noted those chances had dwindled. Then, as K reported, this past weekend a source informed us that an increased offer was made to Urban, clearly signaling that Texas wasn’t going to let this go without a fight.

I talked with a source with ties to the administration that stated “Urban wants complete control” of the Texas program before he agrees to any deal.

What does that entail? Well Urban wants the ability to name or replace the following:

• His entire coaching staff (with three year guaranteed contracts)
  • All individuals that work in football support
  • The Assistant Athletic Director that overlooks football
  • Academic support staff
  • Physicians, trainers and physical therapy team

Urban also wants to have input on facility upgrades. He mentioned the possibility of Urban wanting a promise of an upgraded indoor facility from the Texas administration.

Something odd that was also mentioned was the desire from Urban to have a grass practice field and two turf fields, each with different turf.

Let me be upfront by saying in no way does this confirm Urban to Texas is a deal done. However, this, along with reported contract offer Texas unofficially made earlier in the week, is the price it may take to get Meyer to Austin, Texas.

• Hook 'Em 6

From C-Man on the CDC Y U Fire Herman thread:

Man, I don't think we'd roll like that. I'm not sure Urban would be on board with that. A long-time friend who covered the Big 12/Texas for nearly 30 years and I traded texts yesterday about this. He said somebody had told him -- I have no idea who so can't speak to the legitimacy -- that Urban's wish is to be announced HC before Fox pregame show to avoid embarrassing questions. If he accepts the job, some at UT want to wait until after the K-State game. (My buddy and I both agreed it's probably better to side with Urban on this one. Do what he wants. If that includes letting Herman go before the game, do it. And let Ash or somebody handle HC duties in the final game. With any luck, it will get cancelled due to COVID issues.)

This jives with Squid's tea leaves. I seen't it.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

For those unaware - Snook is an Ohio St graduate - a journalist and writer - and has written several books about Ohio St football (and others).

Snook is a small Texas town over by aggy that I will always remember in the time before high school football OT was installed, would play Burton (another small Texas town not that far away) in football (probably still both Class A at the time) and one of their Snook-Burton football games ended in a 0-0 tie. lol

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Caddox said:

Did you mean Urban not Herman? Bit of a difference there bud

40 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Hasn't it already been decided that they don't know shit about anything but recruiting.

They are reading the birds and reporting.   Doing what ketch has been doing.  

in essence site 1: we heard x

site 2 : we didn’t hear that

site 2 three hours later:   Something changed.  We heard x

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Have you tried it with Mayo?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic