Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

Wants three year contracts for assistants, complete control over support staff, academic support staff, physicians/trainers, and wants an assistant athletic director specifically for football. Also, facilities upgrades that he'll have input on including two different indoor turf fields and a grass practice field

That’s it? Hell we’ll even name the Texas football website after him.
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

TFB-Know nothing but at least they have backed off the it’s not happening stance

Early on in this Urban Meyer saga, the chances of landing Urban appeared to be good. Recently we noted those chances had dwindled. Then, as K reported, this past weekend a source informed us that an increased offer was made to Urban, clearly signaling that Texas wasn’t going to let this go without a fight.

I talked with a source with ties to the administration that stated “Urban wants complete control” of the Texas program before he agrees to any deal.

What does that entail? Well Urban wants the ability to name or replace the following:

• His entire coaching staff (with three year guaranteed contracts)
  • All individuals that work in football support
  • The Assistant Athletic Director that overlooks football
  • Academic support staff
  • Physicians, trainers and physical therapy team

Urban also wants to have input on facility upgrades. He mentioned the possibility of Urban wanting a promise of an upgraded indoor facility from the Texas administration.

Something odd that was also mentioned was the desire from Urban to have a grass practice field and two turf fields, each with different turf.

Let me be upfront by saying in no way does this confirm Urban to Texas is a deal done. However, this, along with reported contract offer Texas unofficially made earlier in the week, is the price it may take to get Meyer to Austin, Texas.

MAKE IT FUCKING HAPPEN

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BachelorTrek said:

Snook is a small Texas town over by aggy that I will always remember in the time before high school football OT was installed, would play Burton (another small Texas town not that far away) in football (probably still both Class A at the time) and one of their Snook-Burton football games ended in a 0-0 tie. lol

Stanley Kerr, holla.

9 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

The McRib is the symbol of everything that is horribly wrong with the fast food industry. It’s not even made from rib meat, but rather ground up picnic pork meat made up into a patty shaped like rib meat. I view this sandwich as the ultimate troll job from McDonald’s where I’m sure a cross functional team of marketers, food scientists and serial killers decided on a good way to reuse the variety meats from the pig previously reserved for frozen exports to China. For whatever reason, you cannot call a product something other than it is anywhere else in our economy unless you slap it in a bun and sell it through a drive through apparently. 

It solves the lack of rib meat taste and avoids tasting like the imitation patty made from leftover Chinese exports by slathering it in a highly fattening, sodium filled sauce that is slightly less healthy than ketchup. Of all of the fast food choices, the McRib represents the worst of all for the consumer combining terrible quality with the most unhealthy aspects of anything you can get in fast food. 

Ur a McRib!

OK FOLKS. From a text thread I’m on, a Big Dick Cigar just threw us a bone and said “I’ll be shocked if Herman isn’t on our sidelines next year.”
Dallas guy. Guaranteed he was at the recent Dallas pow wow. I’m officially on the It’s happening train.

You keep using these words. I do not think they mean what you think they mean.

TFB-Know nothing but at least they have backed off the it’s not happening stance

Early on in this Urban Meyer saga, the chances of landing Urban appeared to be good. Recently we noted those chances had dwindled. Then, as K reported, this past weekend a source informed us that an increased offer was made to Urban, clearly signaling that Texas wasn’t going to let this go without a fight.

I talked with a source with ties to the administration that stated “Urban wants complete control” of the Texas program before he agrees to any deal.

What does that entail? Well Urban wants the ability to name or replace the following:

• Academic support staff

Urban also wants to have input on facility upgrades. He mentioned the possibility of Urban wanting a promise of an upgraded indoor facility from the Texas administration.

Something odd that was also mentioned was the desire from Urban to have a grass practice field and two turf fields, each with different turf.

Let me be upfront by saying in no way does this confirm Urban to Texas is a deal done. However, this, along with reported contract offer Texas unofficially made earlier in the week, is the price it may take to get Meyer to Austin, Texas.

We talkin’ about practice fields? We talkin’ about practice facilities? Not a game field, not a game field. We talkin’ about practice fields.
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Caddox said:

OK FOLKS. From a text thread I’m on, a Big Dick Cigar just threw us a bone and said “I’ll be shocked if Herman isn’t on our sidelines next year.”

Dallas guy. Guaranteed he was at the recent Dallas pow wow. I’m officially on the It’s happening train.

English GD it!

• Academic support staff

.giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd7txcuivfyqm9hlgcs9qilnb6upsnzvm2mtrc5d2vl&rid=giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Caddox said:

OK FOLKS. From a text thread I’m on, a Big Dick Cigar just threw us a bone and said “I’ll be shocked if Urban isn’t on our sidelines next year.”

Fixed for the folks that missed his correction

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

The McRib is the symbol of everything that is horribly wrong with the fast food industry. It’s not even made from rib meat, but rather ground up picnic pork meat made up into a patty shaped like rib meat. I view this sandwich as the ultimate troll job from McDonald’s where I’m sure a cross functional team of marketers, food scientists and serial killers decided on a good way to reuse the variety meats from the pig previously reserved for frozen exports to China. For whatever reason, you cannot call a product something other than it is anywhere else in our economy unless you slap it in a bun and sell it through a drive through apparently. 

It solves the lack of rib meat taste and avoids tasting like the imitation patty made from leftover Chinese exports by slathering it in a highly fattening, sodium filled sauce that is slightly less healthy than ketchup. Of all of the fast food choices, the McRib represents the worst of all for the consumer combining terrible quality with the most unhealthy aspects of anything you can get in fast food. 

Yup, the McRib is an institution and is delicious.  We are in agreement.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Caddox said:

Animated GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, alphahorn said:

Of course give him complete control. He's proven he knows how to do things a hell of a lot better than we do them.  If being a championship program is our priority, then we only have one answer to his wants, "YES"

This let CDC focus on getting a real baseball coach. Leave football to urban and get the fuck out of the way

16 minutes ago, Fud said:

Wants three year contracts for assistants, complete control over support staff, academic support staff, physicians/trainers, and wants an assistant athletic director specifically for football. Also, facilities upgrades that he'll have input on including two different indoor turf fields and a grass practice field

+ A McRib.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

You need to stop the crusade against fast food in this thread.  It's weird and this is a very weird thread.

• Hook 'Em 5

I think this weekend I'd prefer to watch a running camera in the Meyer house, even if there's nobody in the picture, over the football game. Has a UT game ever been so meaningless and almost completely off the radar screen than this one?

Edited by phdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

• Academic support staff

giphy.gif

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic