Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

22 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

Snook is a small Texas town over by aggy that I will always remember in the time before high school football OT was installed, would play Burton (another small Texas town not that far away) in football (probably still both Class A at the time) and one of their Snook-Burton football games ended in a 0-0 tie. lol

They had a hell of a basketball program in the 70s and 80s. They won multiple state championships.

So I found where Urban is staying at the Horseshoe Bay Resort... Pause video at 11:26
WE GOT HIM

203-cove-west-4.jpg

The curtains are different, but that’s an easy change. What sticks out to me is the curtain rod is higher in the video, and the TV, though in the correct corner, is quite a bit lower.

But he is obviously holed up somewhere other than home.

1 minute ago, IDIOTsavant said:

He may or may not have been canned last Sunday night.

If so, why is he at a press conference on Monday?

So I'm going with "may not have been" here. That doesn't mean that the decision hasn't already been made, mind you.

31 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

The McRib is the symbol of everything that is horribly wrong with the fast food industry. It’s not even made from rib meat, but rather ground up picnic pork meat made up into a patty shaped like rib meat. I view this sandwich as the ultimate troll job from McDonald’s where I’m sure a cross functional team of marketers, food scientists and serial killers decided on a good way to reuse the variety meats from the pig previously reserved for frozen exports to China. For whatever reason, you cannot call a product something other than it is anywhere else in our economy unless you slap it in a bun and sell it through a drive through apparently. 

It solves the lack of rib meat taste and avoids tasting like the imitation patty made from leftover Chinese exports by slathering it in a highly fattening, sodium filled sauce that is slightly less healthy than ketchup. Of all of the fast food choices, the McRib represents the worst of all for the consumer combining terrible quality with the most unhealthy aspects of anything you can get in fast food. 

I’ve been on a plant based diet and I specifically ate a McRib for lunch today because of you. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Surgical said:

Looks like the picture you posted has a recessed doorway area. UM's room does not.

2 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

The curtains are different, but that’s an easy change. What sticks out to me is the curtain rod is higher in the video, and the TV, though in the correct corner, is quite a bit lower.

But he is obviously holed up somewhere other than home.

He's somewhere west of TX due to the sun being out

2 hours ago, closetohumping said:

I don't know, rest?  dinner?  I'm sure they're familiar with the city and may have friends.

I thought I read in this thread that Corey Dennis's parents may live there?  Corey played at GT as well.

Sarasota is near Siesta Key

Not near.....Siesta Key is in Sarasota.

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, Caddox said:

OK FOLKS. From a text thread I’m on, a Big Dick Cigar just threw us a bone and said “I’ll be shocked if Herman isn’t on our sidelines next year.”

Dallas guy. Guaranteed he was at the recent Dallas pow wow. I’m officially on the It’s happening train.

I think herman prefers to coach from the booth as an oc

1 minute ago, Rimbo said:

If so, why is he at a press conference on Monday?

So I'm going with "may not have been" here. That doesn't mean that the decision hasn't already been made, mind you.

Because he's going to continue to coach until his replacement is secured...possibly. CDC is locking this shit down.

I think this weekend I'd prefer to watch a running camera in the Meyer house, even if there's nobody in the picture, over the football game. Has a UT game ever been so meaningless and almost completely off the radar screen than this one?

I dunno...it’s Herman’s formal audition for the Vandy job? That’s something.

Just now, Rimbo said:

No.

Let him twist in the wind a while longer.

Make it painful.

This. Tell this piece of crap narcissist in the tunnel as he is ready to run on the field in Manhattan, KS. Just have  a process server hand him the note and take his binder out of his hands and replicate Belushi's smashing of the guitar in "Animal House" on it.

Herman is then handed a SWA voucher and an expired drink coupon, walked to a waiting Uber Pool ride and eventually taken to the Manhattan, KS regional airport only to find his flight has been cancelled. He takes a gypsy cab to find a hotel to spend the night, unfortunately they are all sold out so he ends up sleeping on a park bench by the veterans memorial only to be rousted by some overenthusiastic cops that tase and pistol whip him before throwing him in the drunk tank. They uncover a warrant from 2007 for unpaid parking tickets in Van Nuys and he is put into the system and eventually ends up in Chino as the bottom bitch for the alpha of cell block D.

or something like that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

From The Football Brainiacs

Latest update has Urban Meyer making one demand – COMPLETE CONTROL of football operations.

This includes the hiring/firing of the following positions:

• His entire coaching staff (with 3-year guaranteed contracts)
  • All individuals that work in football support
  • Assistant AD that overlooks football
  • Academic support staff
  • Physicians, trainers, and physical therapy team

Obviously, we are making some real progress here. One of my friends has told me the deal is done, but I'm hesitant to bite into that yet. But we are certainly much further into this than we were this time yesterday.

Edited by DFW Horn
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, BrazilHorn said:

This. Tell this piece of crap narcissist in the tunnel as he is ready to run on the field in Manhattan, KS. Just have  a process server hand him the note and take his binder out of his hands and replicate Belushi's smashing of the guitar in "Animal House" on it.

Herman is then handed a SWA voucher and an expired drink coupon, walked to a waiting Uber Pool ride and eventually taken to the Manhattan, KS regional airport only to find his flight has been cancelled. He takes a gypsy cab to find a hotel to spend the night, unfortunately they are all sold out so he ends up sleeping on a park bench by the veterans memorial only to be rousted by some overenthusiastic cops that tase and pistol whip him before throwing him in the drunk tank. They uncover a warrant from 2007 for unpaid parking tickets in Van Nuys and he is put into the system and eventually ends up in Chino as the bottom bitch for the alpha of cell block D.

or something like that.

The expired drink coupon is a nice touch.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic