Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

Wants three year contracts for assistants, complete control over support staff, academic support staff, physicians/trainers, and wants an assistant athletic director specifically for football. Also, facilities upgrades that he'll have input on including two different indoor turf fields and a grass practice field

giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 4

This is gold.
11.thumb.png.a7b6b17d7250ba5e11116c12bad80460.png

Fucking idiot. “Yah Urb we flew all the way up here to ask you about Hartline. Think he can be a good HC? No no don’t tell anyone you’re not interested in the job, though. We won’t tell anyone either. We’ll just look like big ole idiots!”
I guarantee this fuck will write a long post about how loyal Urb was to tOSU if he turns down Texas. Scared ass.
  • Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

From C-Man on the CDC Y U Fire Herman thread:

Man, I don't think we'd roll like that. I'm not sure Urban would be on board with that. A long-time friend who covered the Big 12/Texas for nearly 30 years and I traded texts yesterday about this. He said somebody had told him -- I have no idea who so can't speak to the legitimacy -- that Urban's wish is to be announced HC before Fox pregame show to avoid embarrassing questions. If he accepts the job, some at UT want to wait until after the K-State game. (My buddy and I both agreed it's probably better to side with Urban on this one. Do what he wants. If that includes letting Herman go before the game, do it. And let Ash or somebody handle HC duties in the final game. With any luck, it will get cancelled due to COVID issues.)

This jives with Squid's tea leaves. I seen't it.

CHIEF

He's got to be named with enough time to work recruits before the early signing period.

2 minutes ago, 40acredropout said:

Just to play devil's advocate-  the plane was going to end up coming back to Austin, no matter what, no?  Didn't we establish this is where it's from?

It's not a boomerang.  It is free to move about the country.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hate said:

She actually turned out pretty goddamn hot.

rebecca-black-social-media-11-26-2019-1.

Would.

2 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

KXAN may have different information

Oh dear.

9 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Because he's going to continue to coach until his replacement is secured...possibly. CDC is locking this shit down.

Be reasonable; why would Herman agree to that?

See also: KXAN :) 

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Was posted in the recruiting thread, but 247 says a current commit is wavering and is trying to get in touch with Herman/staff and they've gone silent on the recruit.

Don't need to read between the lines very much here.

• Hook 'Em 2

Was posted in the recruiting thread, but 247 says a current commit is wavering and is trying to get in touch with Herman/staff and they've gone silent on the recruit.
Current recruit is wavering? I'm shocked and troubled. Tom has gone into hiding & can't fix it? This is unprecedented.
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, CenTex Hill Billy said:

So I found where Urban is staying at the Horseshoe Bay Resort... Pause video at 11:26

WE GOT HIM

spacer.png

funny they try to hide him out at Horseshoe, but Shaggy gonna Shaggy.  (we don't need to know the room of course) But that aside, this is what makes Shaggy coaching search AWESOME!

1 hour ago, Rimbo said:

This is the quote that's got me thinking that the decision was made days ago, and all the rumors you're hearing are people covering while the final legwork/paperwork are done.

Yep. This is where I've been for about 36-48 hours. I think it was done a day or two ago & will be announced this weekend or sooner if cancellation of this weekend's game is announced.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

That recruit needs to understand if he can't get ahold of Herman it's because Tom's only focused on going 1-0 against Kansas State on Saturday. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic