Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, CastHorn said:

Texans7 at 247 saying you can get back to work now. We got our guy. If he’s wrong, I think we’re qualified enough to track his pussy ass down.

Does hE have any track record or is this like these dudes calling their shot here w no connections?

1 hour ago, CHIEF said:

It's not like the HSB area is a dump. Hell, Bo Pilgrim and John Glenn had houses there. I worked one summer, in between regular jobs, at Bay Marine selling boats and ferrying boats to be worked on. It's as nice as anything on Lake Austin, or any where lakefront I've ever been. They have pretentious clientele and cater to them.

CHIEF

I was hired to be a sous chef out there nearly 30 years ago. During my two week notice the chef(Jessie?) that hired me was fired. I arrived to find out they didn't cotton to the chef that hired me's modern American bistro and had hired a new head chef out of Vegas to deliver traditional steakhouse fare. No Idea if that mindset is still prevalent out there. I quit on the spot. Pretty sure I received a paycheck for two hours employment.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, NoName said:

Does hE have any track record or is this like these dudes calling their shot here w no connections?

He’s been ahead of this whole situation. He posted about the Meyer contact the week after the OU game. He also challenges a lot of Chips update threads on 24/7.

Edited by CastHorn
  • Like 1

Oh it’s nice, money does that, lot of people saying that. I just don’t get it. If I had stupid money I’m not hanging out there. I’ve been enough times to know it’s just not all that. It makes sense here and for some they love it as a lake scene, constant level all that but it’s just not my thing and most people I know it isn’t either.

4 minutes ago, Majorcholas said:

This better be true or the negging afterward will damn your soul to all eternity.

Ink is binding, words are not.  Until it's in ink, nothing is done. Agreed--damn all their souls to eternity if this doesn't get done.  

Edited by Mdhorn

3 minutes ago, RedAustin said:

OK so say we get urban. Where does that thrust us into 2022 recruiting? Do we get Ewers back? Do we steal some guys Aggy is already winning?

It’s a game changer.  Hard to speculate on specific players but Texas will be in on every top recruit in the state for the next several years.  We won’t get them all but we won’t get the cold shoulder from probably any of them. 

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

My dad says Cooper's in Llano went downhill a few years ago. Though I thought that was because the guy who started Opie's left.

The scuttlebutt shared with me was that the guy who started Opie's is no longer there... might have been due to a divorce. 

Might be bullshit though??

9 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

If we don't get UM, it won't be for lack of effort on CDC's part.  You can't blame him for UM's decision.

I liked how in the klatt interview he wasn't 100% sure it was the CDC anymore... Del Conte up in there.

1 minute ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Urban Meyer with complete 100% control of everything from football to the health staff will end like all of his other stops.  Expect DOMINATION AND A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP but deal with rapists, murderers, and lawsuits.

FIFY

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Urban Meyer with complete 100% control of everything from football to the health staff will end like all of his other stops.  Expect some wins but deal with rapists, murderers, and lawsuits.

I don't remember any of that at Utah...

20 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Right, and I think the implication was Meyer not being down for that is the reason for the “total control” issue. Who knows if that’s the case though.

Yes precisely.  I think it’s manufactured stuff but I can see that being the case.  Both osu and florida turned the other cheek.  We typically have not, but we also haven’t been in this type of negotiating position where we have no leverage.  I’d prefer not to appoint Meyer to have absolute unchecked authority precisely because there is plenty of history to suggest what will happen if he has it.  It’s wishful thinking to believe it will be different here because we are UT.

But fuck it, I want him too.  But I am genuinely concerned as well.

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic