Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

Just now, IDIOTsavant said:

I want to neg for channeling your inner Luicci, but I'm in such a damn good mood.

We beat USC and Georgia and played OU to quadruple OT. LSU was a one possession game. This isn’t The Kansas roster. Urban and a good coaching staff go undefeated with this Texas team this year. 

3 hours ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

So explain this and maybe it is just a HUGE coincidence.  That same plane was in LA this past weekend.  Comes back to ATX.  Ends up going to Columbus (Shelley Meyer), stops in Cincy for the night (son), then you're right I dont understand the ATL layover.  Tampa does make sense to pick up people and then it ends up in Sarasota exactly where Shelley says she is going to be on vacation.  Thats a lot of coincidences.  A LOT.  Maybe it is just nothing.  You may be right but thats a lot.

I'm probably way off, but years ago I was driving to FL with my family around Christmas.  Dad was a kidney transplant patient.  We got stuck in GA because they closed I95 due to snow (snow?) and couldn't find anywhere to stay for the night.  I was on leave from USAF and fortunately I found a sub base nearby.  I was able to get permission to get into their billeting (like a hotel) for the night even though my family shouldn't have been allowed to be there.  Note - the base was one that is pretty restricted due to their mission.  Some officer ok'd it and we stayed the night.  In the AM when we left I got gas off base and it was SUPER cheap compared to everywhere else I'd been the last week.  I also filled up on the way back at the same place.

Long story short - could the same be true for jet fuel?  Maybe the ATL stop was simply for a fill-up.  Think about it - how many of you stop in Temple at Buc-ees when going to DFW?  It's not for the beaver nuggets - the gas is usually way cheaper.

2 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

We beat USC and Georgia and played OU to quadruple OT. LSU was a one possession game. This isn’t The Kansas roster. Urban and a good coaching staff go undefeated with this Texas team this year. 

It wasn't the point I take issue with. It was the bolded verbage.

Edited by IDIOTsavant

3 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

I want to neg for channeling your inner Luicci, but I'm in such a damn good mood.

You have to read Luicci to channel him. I dont give that bearded back alley cock sucker a centimeter of head space. When I say we stood toe to toe, we won half the games I mentioned. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:
2 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Has no one been to Victoria? 

Lol went to high school about an hour north of there, now live and work about an hour southwest. We call it the dirty dirty Vic... ever meet a girl from there, pass.

2 minutes ago, Urb Meyers said:

Long, long time follower of Texas message board and first time poster.

You guys rock on coaching searches. Absolutely amazing

To the people questioning HSB, well, you don't really know Horseshoe Bay. I grew up in the area and once worked there when I was young. There are areas of HSB that none of the middle class get to see. Stuff that is every bit as expensive, and nicer, than Lake Austin. You just can't get on it.

UT-Austin has a long standing relationship at HSB for decades and decades. They host golfing events for the athletics dept., etc out there every year, many of the top execs have homes out there, etc.

HSB is used quite frequently in coaching searches, as well. Much easier to hide someone in HSB than downtown Austin. Much easier to fly in the HSB airport than ABIA.

With that said, it is usually used when a deal is done or almost done. In other words, they wouldn't be trying to wine and dine Urban Meyer at HSB. At this point, they would just finishing up some paperwork and preparing for his introductory speech as the Texas football coach.

If Urban is in HSB, and it seems he may be, then Urban Meyer is the 31st head football coach in the history of Texas. I would expect Herman to fired very soon

tenor.gif

3 minutes ago, Urb Meyers said:

To the people questioning HSB, well, you don't really know Horseshoe Bay. I grew up in the area and once worked there when I was young. There are areas of HSB that none of the middle class get to see. Stuff that is every bit as expensive, and nicer, than Lake Austin. You just can't get on it.

UT-Austin has a long standing relationship at HSB for decades and decades. They host golfing events for the athletics dept., etc out there every year, many of the top execs have homes out there, etc.

HSB is used quite frequently in coaching searches, as well. Much easier to hide someone in HSB than downtown Austin. Much easier to fly in the HSB airport than ABIA.

With that said, it is usually used when a deal is done or almost done. In other words, they wouldn't be trying to wine and dine Urban Meyer at HSB. At this point, they would just finishing up some paperwork and preparing for his introductory speech as the Texas football coach.

If Urban is in HSB, and it seems he may be, then Urban Meyer is the 31st head football coach in the history of Texas. I would expect Herman to fired very soon

Oh ya this is what I’m here for

4 minutes ago, Urb Meyers said:

don't tell the rest of the lurkers about the ad free experience from just signing up lololol

6 minutes ago, dec3169 said:

I'm probably way off, but years ago I was driving to FL with my family around Christmas.  Dad was a kidney transplant patient.  We got stuck in GA because they closed I95 due to snow (snow?) and couldn't find anywhere to stay for the night.  I was on leave from USAF and fortunately I found a sub base nearby.  I was able to get permission to get into their billeting (like a hotel) for the night even though my family shouldn't have been allowed to be there.  Note - the base was one that is pretty restricted due to their mission.  Some officer ok'd it and we stayed the night.  In the AM when we left I got gas off base and it was SUPER cheap compared to everywhere else I'd been the last week.  I also filled up on the way back at the same place.

Long story short - could the same be true for jet fuel?  Maybe the ATL stop was simply for a fill-up.  Think about it - how many of you stop in Temple at Buc-ees when going to DFW?  It's not for the beaver nuggets - the gas is usually way cheaper.

Whut? The High thread iz zat way. ;)

CHIEF

Alumnihorn (247 and IT) supposedly in the know

I heard tonight that we reached a verbal. I am trying to confirm. Still have calls out. The poster on 247 has had a decent pulse on this. I need more confirmation. Trying to get it. Probably in the morning. There are 3 guys I want to speak with. Tomorrow will be a loud day. One way or another

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, slim9797 said:

That’s exactly what somebody from the asshole of Texas would say. It atleast used to be pretty country, after the fire it isn’t even that. 

Ha. Dude, I am from the north side of Pasadena. That means I grew up on the ship channel, in the chemical smoke, and everyone was poor as fuck and everything stank and was more or less miserable. There might be worse places in Texas, maybe, but Bastrop ain’t one of them. Sorry for your losses with the wood though. 

7 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

I trust CTJ on this one. He spent time quarantining in Galveston.

I spent most of March-June, then August, in Galveston. If you’re not there for the beach because you’re not a poor from greater Houston or Oklahoma down visiting, the rest of what Galveston offers for folks who live there is terrific. I haven’t been down in a few weeks and miss it immediately. 

• Hook 'Em 4

9 minutes ago, dec3169 said:

Wait. Buc-ee’s sells gas? 

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

Alumnihorn (247 and IT) supposedly in the know

I heard tonight that we reached a verbal. I am trying to confirm. Still have calls out. The poster on 247 has had a decent pulse on this. I need more confirmation. Trying to get it. Probably in the morning. There are 3 guys I want to speak with. Tomorrow will be a loud day. One way or another

Would Herman be fired on a Thursday before KSU ?  Or is this still a Sunday announcement 

33 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Mostly this. we do need some speed upgrade.  That said, 2 words "transfer portal".  There couldn't be a better time to sign Urban.

Gotta agree with this... surprised that speed and quickness are not better at DB, WR and RB.

Heard Urban recently mention that great defense against today's offenses have to include at least one great DE and CB -- those are huge advantages in today's CFB.

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

I spent most of March-June, then August, in Galveston. If you’re not there for the beach because you’re not a poor from greater Houston or Oklahoma down visiting, the rest of what Galveston offers for folks who live there is terrific. I haven’t been down in a few weeks and miss it immediately. 

Yeah, I get that Galveston doesn't have white sand and blue water, but it's a great town.  There are definitely worse places to spend some time. 

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic