Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Ha. Dude, I am from the north side of Pasadena. That means I grew up on the ship channel, in the chemical smoke, and everyone was poor as fuck and everything stank and was more or less miserable. There might be worse places in Texas, maybe, but Bastrop ain’t one of them. Sorry for your losses with the wood though. 

I spent most of March-June, then August, in Galveston. If you’re not there for the beach because you’re not a poor from greater Houston or Oklahoma down visiting, the rest of what Galveston offers for folks who live there is terrific. I haven’t been down in a few weeks and miss it immediately. 

Never fuck a chick from Stinkadena.

Galveston is legit minus the gravy beach. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Ha. Dude, I am from the north side of Pasadena. That means I grew up on the ship channel, in the chemical smoke, and everyone was poor as fuck and everything stank and was more or less miserable. There might be worse places in Texas, maybe, but Bastrop ain’t one of them. Sorry for your losses with the wood though. 

I spent most of March-June, then August, in Galveston. If you’re not there for the beach because you’re not a poor from greater Houston or Oklahoma down visiting, the rest of what Galveston offers for folks who live there is terrific. I haven’t been down in a few weeks and miss it immediately. 

Lived there in the '80s, there was more cocaine than sand.

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Alumnihorn (247 and IT) supposedly in the know

I heard tonight that we reached a verbal. I am trying to confirm. Still have calls out. The poster on 247 has had a decent pulse on this. I need more confirmation. Trying to get it. Probably in the morning. There are 3 guys I want to speak with. Tomorrow will be a loud day. One way or another

First we had Bijanukkah.

Now we have Urbanukkah.

Shalom.

• Hook 'Em 5

11 minutes ago, Urb Meyers said:

Long, long time follower of Texas message board and first time poster.

You guys rock on coaching searches. Absolutely amazing

To the people questioning HSB, well, you don't really know Horseshoe Bay. I grew up in the area and once worked there when I was young. There are areas of HSB that none of the middle class get to see. Stuff that is every bit as expensive, and nicer, than Lake Austin. You just can't get on it.

UT-Austin has a long standing relationship at HSB for decades and decades. They host golfing events for the athletics dept., etc out there every year, many of the top execs have homes out there, etc.

HSB is used quite frequently in coaching searches, as well. Much easier to hide someone in HSB than downtown Austin. Much easier to fly in the HSB airport than ABIA.

With that said, it is usually used when a deal is done or almost done. In other words, they wouldn't be trying to wine and dine Urban Meyer at HSB. At this point, they would just finishing up some paperwork and preparing for his introductory speech as the Texas football coach.

If Urban is in HSB, and it seems he may be, then Urban Meyer is the 31st head football coach in the history of Texas. I would expect Herman to fired very soon

May I have your wiring instructions sir?  I would like to wire you the sum of $9.95. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Hell man, I’m from Texas City.

• Hook 'Em 1

I just want my kid to experience a magical season like I did in 2005, 2008, and 2009. Poor guy has only experienced the lost decade with the lone sugar bowl win as our crowning achievement. He thought Sam would be in the Heisman race this year. He thought we would easily win a down big12. Despite the 2020 Herman Shit Show, he still believes. He believes in UT more than he believes in Santa Claus at this point.

Urban, you’re my only hope to save this boy’s love for UT before it finely fades away in the stench of Longhorn mediocrity. Take the pen, sign the papers, go smoke a cigar on a BMD’s 30ft Cobalt on Lake LBJ, drive down 71 to Austin, walk into your new office, piss thick dehydrated yellow pee all over Herman’s binder, and tell him to get the F out.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

Dammit--it's Brownsville.  Brownsville is the asshole of Texas.  The toxicity is so high it's known as the toxic border for its birth defects. But the answer to the riddle has been solved.  It's not just poor, it's contaminated and poor.   Now let's back away from the Texas sphincter riddle and ride the UM train to Austin.  

https://www.austinchronicle.com/news/2001-11-09/83589/

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1993-08-31-wr-29875-story.html

https://www.nytimes.com/1992/09/23/news/birth-defects-in-south-texas-prompt-call-for-us-registry.html

3 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

From The Football Brainiacs

Latest update has Urban Meyer making one demand – COMPLETE CONTROL of football operations.

This includes the hiring/firing of the following positions:

• His entire coaching staff (with 3-year guaranteed contracts)
  • All individuals that work in football support
  • Assistant AD that overlooks football
  • Academic support staff
  • Physicians, trainers, and physical therapy team

Obviously, we are making some real progress here. One of my friends has told me the deal is done, but I'm hesitant to bite into that yet. But we are certainly much further into this than we were this time yesterday.

I'd be ok with them fast-tracking the med center, or at least putting an MRI in the athletic facilities to go along with the Physicians.  Good for the players and the coach in this instance.

Would Herman be fired on a Thursday before KSU ?  Or is this still a Sunday announcement 
It would be Friday so it dominates Saturday college football.

Plus, the flight aware info indicates the Meyer clan will be gathered by then. Not too mention the questions Urban would be asked on air Saturday.

Additionally, it has to be quick to sway recruits before the new December early signing period.
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

Dumas and a whole host of panhandle cities suck far worse than anything mentioned thus far

I agree with you.  That said Dumas, Amarillo, Canyon and every other city mentioned are all an oasis compared to Nazareth, TX.  The average person who has not traveled the region might think they are one and the same place but they are not.   In all my road trips of this great state i would put that stretch of  27 north of Plainview and surrounding area as my vote for the armpit of Texas.  It truly fits the saying, "Can anything good come from Nazareth?"  You have no idea how good Bastrop, by comparison, has it my friend. 

Edited by RollLeft
  • Like 1

Just now, RollLeft said:

I agree with you.  That said Dumas, Amarillo and Canyon are all an oasis compared to Nazareth, TX.  The average person who has not traveled the region might think they are one and the same place but they are not.   In all my road trips of this great state i would put that stretch of  27 north of Plainview and surrounding area as my vote for the armpit of Texas.  It truly fits the saying, "Can anything good come from Nazareth?"  You have no idea how good Bastrop, by comparison, has it my friend. 

They know how to drink beer in Nazareth.  

Dumas and Borger probably up there for me.  

4 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Dammit--it's Brownsville.  Brownsville is the asshole of Texas.  The toxicity is so high it's known as the toxic border for its birth defects. But the answer to the riddle has been solved.  It's not just poor, it's contaminated and poor.   Now let's back away from the Texas sphincter riddle and ride the UM train to Austin.  

https://www.austinchronicle.com/news/2001-11-09/83589/

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1993-08-31-wr-29875-story.html

https://www.nytimes.com/1992/09/23/news/birth-defects-in-south-texas-prompt-call-for-us-registry.html

Yeah no. CS and I are winning this bitch until Brownsville gets contaminated with aggy

Edited by Bevo14

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You Bud and Sissy’s kid?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic