Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

Didn't know it had gone bye bye.  Spot is about the best burger you'll find on the island....If you venture to the mainland Carlos's Beer Garden in League City makes a good one too.....Don't know if Tookies is still around in Kemah but they were pretty good.

Best oysters in Texas can be found at Gilholleys in San Leon.

Tookies is still around

Gilhooleys is awesome
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Tex48 said:

I'm probably a year or two older than your kid and graduating this year.  I still believe but a bad coaching hire after Herman will end my fandom.  I will probably still watch Baseball but that's about it because I feel like the team has never let me down.  

Dude, just give up now. Otherwise you’re in for major and lengthy disappointment. 

2 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Wouldn't it be the craziest if the offense blew the top off without Herman on the sidelines?  Find out he's been handicapping it this whole time.

I was thinking the same thing lol, I hope he's canned beforehand and UT is straight dominant throughout the game.

12 minutes ago, Tex48 said:

I'm probably a year or two older than your kid and graduating this year.  I still believe but a bad coaching hire after Herman will end my fandom.  I will probably still watch Baseball but that's about it because I feel like the team has never let me down.  

Fire David Pierce!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CenTex Hill Billy said:

"sources"

I wasn't sure about you at first.  I mean you're a hillbilly after all and that's kinda Arky, A&M, Okie type stuff and that doesn't really mix well with my crazy ass rainbow flag waving queerbomb so I was at first like who the fuck is this guy, noob.  I don't usually take to well to new folk, it's a problem I guess.  not really, I don't really care.  fuck them all.  but you man, you came in with the fucking curtain sluething.  That shit was LEGENDARY.  FUCKING LEGENDARY.  you belong, that's all I have to say. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

I’m a sellout for sure. Same thing with karbach when they sold out, I talked a big game but now Crawford bock is about all I drink

Yeah, I get it. All good, Bro. I’m definitely not dogging you or anyone who still eats it. 
It’s been damn hard to resist at times! 
but the good news is that it’s saved me about 100,000 calories a year that I can use for mas comida IYKWIM. 🤘🏻

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Port A beach is marginally better. But I’ve also had the trip where you show up and there’s massive stinky piles of seaweed stacked high. No bueno. Galveston restaurants and stuff for kids to do is light years ahead of Port A. 

Stuff for kids to do?  They have a beach and an ocean.....what help do they need finding something to do?

• Like 2

Just now, UncleBuck said:

Will do. Been wanting to get back there.

Not breakfast food, but just a good ol gulf coast tavern. 

the current owner’s dad named it after his son who didnt return from ww2. The current owner, named Jr has to be pushing 95 now and is a hoot. 
 Known for their amazing fried muffaletta and ice cold beer. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NTVTXN said:

I haven’t eat whataburger since they sold out to the firm up north. 
It’s just something I’m having a REALLY hard time getting over...it bothers me that they’re like, “We’re true Texan, blah blah blah” but yet they fucking SOLD ThE HELL OUT to a yankee firm.

Sorry to derail....

If that means we could be possibly getting Whataburgers up here in Maryland, I'm down.  I'm tired of these expensive as fuck gourmet burgers up here.  Shake Shack is all right but a meal for two is like 30 bucks and depending on which one you go to, 5 guys can cost $20 with fries and a drink.  Now if HEB will get off it's ass, we could use a few of those up here too.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Ha. Dude, I am from the north side of Pasadena. That means I grew up on the ship channel, in the chemical smoke, and everyone was poor as fuck and everything stank and was more or less miserable. There might be worse places in Texas, maybe, but Bastrop ain’t one of them. Sorry for your losses with the wood though. 

I spent most of March-June, then August, in Galveston. If you’re not there for the beach because you’re not a poor from greater Houston or Oklahoma down visiting, the rest of what Galveston offers for folks who live there is terrific. I haven’t been down in a few weeks and miss it immediately. 

Couldn’t agree more.  I grew up in DP and the smells were pretty special.  When we go visit my parents as soon as we get to the 610 bridge my wife starts complaining that her eyes are burning from all of the chemicals in the air and that’s on a clear day.  It’s quite funny.  

• Hook 'Em 1

It would be Friday so it dominates Saturday college football.

Plus, the flight aware info indicates the Meyer clan will be gathered by then. Not too mention the questions Urban would be asked on air Saturday.

Additionally, it has to be quick to sway recruits before the new December early signing period.

Unless it happens tomorrow, I don’t think we would pull the trigger until after the game Saturday. The timing is now a little, ahem, awkward. Some of the players will be playing their final collegiate game on Saturday.

12 minutes ago, Caddox said:

Screw UM I'm here for the Galveston talk. Anyone down near Pirate's needs to get a cheesesteak from Hummel's. So legit. Owner is from philly. 

Phuck Filly.

oh sorry, wrong thread.  Cowboys aren’t playing them...at any rate, Carson Wentz seems like he sucks

1 minute ago, Mdhorn said:

If that means we could be possibly getting Whataburgers up here in Maryland, I'm down.  I'm tired of these expensive as fuck gourmet burgers up here.  Shake Shack is all right but a meal for two is like 30 bucks and depending on which one you go to, 5 guys can cost $20 with fries and a drink.  Now if HEB will get off it's ass, we could use a few of those up here too.  

Whataburger has already been in Phoenix, Arizona, for several years now, doing battle with In-&-Out and others on what used to be their turf.  That's just the stepping off point to move into Cali, WA, OR.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic