Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

10 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

spacer.png

Seriously......it isn't like he left OSU for Texas.  People will still love him plenty for the NC and program he built before they basically ran him off.

It's like the steakhouse argument...Chicago didn't suddenly close Ditka's when he decided to unretire and coach the Saints.

Just checking in, seems like people are alluding to tomorrow being the day. Also is it too late to get in on the shitty places in Texas? I spent a year in Wichita Falls for school and fucking hated it. Not sure if that was because of the school or the city, but I was glad to move back to Austin.

1 minute ago, troph said:

I wasn't sure about you at first.  I mean you're a hillbilly after all and that's kinda Arky, A&M, Okie type stuff so I was at first like who the fuck is this guy, noob.  I don't usually take to well to new folk, it's a problem I guess.  not really, I don't really care.  fuck them all.  but you man, you came in with the fucking curtain sluething.  That shit was LEGENDARY.  FUCKING LEGENDARY.  you belong, that's all I have to say. 

livin in the hills and by the name of bill 

I thought y'all were a bunch of crazy loons at first tbh. Then I realized the folks standing in bread lines for a drop of Ketch's ass sweat are a bunch of cunts. While the poor bastards at 24/7 are now paying 19.90 instead of 9.95 bc their star child left and the only thing keeping them around is some chick with a thousand cock stare.

Also ketch is a meme theif. Gotta start water marking. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Port A beach is marginally better. But I’ve also had the trip where you show up and there’s massive stinky piles of seaweed stacked high. No bueno. Galveston restaurants and stuff for kids to do is light years ahead of Port A. 

Port A is better if you are not carried away by a horde of mosquitos and your exsanguinated meat sack is not found in a smelly seaweed or sand flea infested sand dune two days later.

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, stork642 said:

Couldn’t agree more.  I grew up in DP and the smells were pretty special.  When we go visit my parents as soon as we get to the 610 bridge my wife starts complaining that her eyes are burning from all of the chemicals in the air and that’s on a clear day.  It’s quite funny.  

Grew up in Pasadena, it was the Champion Paper Mill. I went to HS right across the freeway.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, nunna yo bizness said:

I think he's basically referencing that his work gets taken and posted here regularly for free.  I can't argue with that.  Nonetheless he doesn't seem to be arguing where the credit lies on this.

Tipsy Gypsy can stop lurking now and say hi!!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CenTex Hill Billy said:

livin in the hills and by the name of bill 

I thought y'all were a bunch of crazy loons at first tbh. Then I realized the folks standing in bread lines for a drop of Ketch's ass sweat are a bunch of cunts. While the poor bastards at 24/7 are now paying 19.90 instead of 9.95 bc their star child left and the only thing keeping them around is some chick with a thousand cock stare.

Also ketch is a meme theif. Gotta start water marking. 

there are loons here, and some dangerous cats too.  but having been around these parts since 1996 as it migrated through the ages, I can tell you we culled it down to the best of the best here.  tough, hard, assholes with crazy eyes but push come to shove at least the old timers here are some really, really great people.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, CenTex Hill Billy said:

I thought y'all were a bunch of crazy loons at first tbh. 

Was it the guy in the corner threatening to fist himself or flight stalking that convinced you otherwise?

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Anyone hear from fisterman?

You know, I think he’s gonna wake up and realize he no longer has a brother, and he no longer has any friends, and I’m gonna be standing front and center, just laughing my fucking head off.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, nunna yo bizness said:

I think he's basically referencing that his work gets taken and posted here regularly for free.  I can't argue with that.  Nonetheless he doesn't seem to be arguing where the credit lies on this.

don't we have the agreement to spoiler any "work" of theirs.  is the agreement not reciprocal?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, stork642 said:

What if the sticking point is Urban wants all black unis one game a year?   Please baby Jesus no.  

It's funny that tonight I stumbled upon color photos of the 1953 Cotton Bowl (to end the 1952 season) win that Texas had over the vols, 16-0 ..... Coach Ed Price's lone shining bowl moment.

You'd think Texas wearing bright orange jerseys and white pants was horrific... well, Texas also wore bright orange helmets that matched the bright orange jerseys in that game!  I won't post them here because no one needs to see that...NEVER AGAIN!  In that 50s era they even wore bright orange helmets/jerseys/AND pants at the same time

It's no wonder that Royal ended that shit.  NO to black uniforms!

2 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Galveston rules if you have proper expectations going in. It's not Cannes. Go get a po' boy, a beer from Galveston Island brewing, then go post up at the beach with some lone stars, get drunk and people watch the Cholas and rednecks. Throw some cornhole or redneck golf. If you can't enjoy Galveston you probably suck.

Cannes kinda sucks as a beach except for the boobs, but seen way better on Texas beaches.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alphahorn said:

Dumas and a whole host of panhandle cities suck far worse than anything mentioned thus far

Good God it took me awhile to catch up a few mins at a time. Joining the shitty cities in Texas discussion and this^ is the right answer. I'm not sure I've ever spent actual time there - but I have driven through Snyder many a time and I can't imagine anywhere worse. 

Bastrop? Please. Bastrop isn't even as bad as Waco or CS. 

6 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Galveston rules if you have proper expectations going in. It's not Cannes. Go get a po' boy, a beer from Galveston Island brewing, then go post up at the beach with some lone stars, get drunk and people watch the Cholas and rednecks. Throw some cornhole or redneck golf. Go buy some gulf shrimp, grill 'em up at your condo or beach house. Drink bourbon and watch the ocean until you fall asleep. Wake up and do it again. If you can't enjoy Galveston you probably suck.

You're alright sometimes. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Helobious said:

JFC at the uniform talk. We could take the field in aggy maroon for all I care as long as we start winning more fucking games. 

let's not go that far but at this point as long as there's orange and white and the longhorn is there, IDGAF.  time to just win baby.

44 minutes ago, Updawg said:

You’ve been holding out on us mofo

Tonight is the first I've heard of it. She and my brother went to Tech. It dawned on me her parents live out there and her dad plays a shit-load of golf so I lobbed her a text tonight to ask her parents if they'd heard anything about Urban being on property. Her responses were confusing -- I couldn't tell if she meant they'd been talking about him possibly being at HSB last week or that there was scuttlebutt last week that he'd be there this week/tonight. Did I mention they went to Tech? And as I said, this news wouldn't matter since we're getting rumblings of a deal being struck!

• Rage+1 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic