Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

7 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

Never once failed to walk out of the water in Galveston without a little crude oil blob somewhere on my legs. I asked my mom about it since she had been going to Galveston beaches since the 1940s, and she confirmed the same experience. 

They're not horrible beaches, but people go on and on about Destin/Clearwater/Pensacola, FL, are better, and I don't doubt it.

SPI is the only Texas beach that holds a candle to those you listed.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, CenTex Hill Billy said:

I'll be in hbay saturday looking for Urban regardless. Goal is to be first TX fan with a picture.

While you’re taking the pic make sure you let him know about the whole futureman saga.  I guarantee that will bring a smile to his face.  He may still be wondering if he made the right decision - right up to that point.  

Oh man the 247 fucknuts board is going to make for some delicious reading if this becomes official.  Who am I kidding. These morons are already hilarious.  "Duuurrrrp Urban wouldn't hurt our feelings like that!"

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 1

SPI is the only Texas beach that holds a candle to those you listed.

Haven’t been to FLA but I’ll take the remoteness of a jaunt down the beach on PINS over just about any beach with humans on it. But generally I don’t not live in Texas for the beaches.

2 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

While you’re taking the pic make sure you let him know about the whole futureman saga.  I guarantee that will bring a smile to his face.  He may still be wondering if he made the right decision - right up to that point.  

Shut up Sooner.  Don’t ruin this for us.

Then what are we waiting for? Wouldnt you want to get a new coach in before ESD? Or are we waiting to lock in some of the guys we have
No recruit is locked in these days..not even enrolling and beginning team workouts is a guarantee they stick around. (Remember pics of Bru Mcoy wearing burnt orange and catching passes from Sam?) Having said that, I cant see many (if any) recruits leaving if Urbs is announced as the new Texas coach.

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

I’m a sellout for sure. Same thing with karbach when they sold out, I talked a big game but now Crawford bock is about all I drink

I was the same way.  8th wonder is my new go to for, local Houston beer that hasn't sold out.  I do have a 12 pack of Crawford Bock in the fridge.....

2 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

I was the same way.  8th wonder is my new go to for, local Houston beer that hasn't sold out.  I do have a 12 pack of Crawford Bock in the fridge.....

Independence Brewing Co.'s Convict Hill Oatmeal Stout

Edited by BachelorTrek
  • Hook 'Em 2

My dad says Cooper's in Llano went downhill a few years ago. Though I thought that was because the guy who started Opie's left.
Its true, passed through there about 2 years ago and had to use a knife to cut the meat from my beef rib, and the brisket was a little dry. Would have taken it back, but they all came from the same pit..

That 12 pack must be sitting for some time now. I'm convinced people buy it for the can and that's it.
  • Like 1

I honestly don't have time to read the last 40 or 50 pages.  When last I read we were starting to feel pessimistic.  What happened that we're now so optimistic? 

Curtaingate and squid Twitter and flightaware showing a flight that bounces around to every location where UM’s family is at including Sarasota FL on its way to Austin tomorrow.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, troph said:

Stop with the mutual respect, you to doc, it’s gross and unbecoming of hated rivals.

That’s what has become of this rivalry.  Once Texas kicks our teeth in again the fire will be right back.  Don’t worry.  

edit: or hire Urban and the blood starts to boil immediately.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

16 minutes ago, ousux said:
3 hours ago, RedAustin said:
Then what are we waiting for? Wouldnt you want to get a new coach in before ESD? Or are we waiting to lock in some of the guys we have

I cant see many (if any) recruits leaving if Urbs is announced as the new Texas coach.

Conversely, I expect many recruits who didn't even have UT on their radar pre-Urban to wind up in burnt orange. I know nothing but I expect Ewers to flip back at some point.

Edited by C-Man

1 minute ago, troph said:

Stop with the mutual respect, you to doc, it’s gross and unbecoming of hated rivals.

You may find this difficult to believe, but I was a sooner fan until my early teenage years.  A  picture of Barry Switzer holding me as a baby exists.  I managed to overcome that

2 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

You may find this difficult to believe, but I was a sooner fan until my early teenage years.  A  picture of Barry Switzer holding me as a baby exists.  I managed to overcome that

It’s not hard to believe my family is from Arkansas and my mom grew up an okie until she came to Texas for college. The Eyes got her big time and she was a Horn for life then. Still the biggest UT fan I know.

8 minutes ago, troph said:

Basically it was this:

flightaware showed way too many stops that just couldn’t be ignored. Horseshoe bay to Columbus to Cincy to Florida with a flight from Sarasota back to Austin tomorrow.  The thing about Sarasota is UM’s wife stated she was going there for some R&R on Twitter.  Can’t be a coincidence. This was after the flight out to LA a few days prior that came back through HSB if my memory is right.

then that squid fella tweeted cryptic style a confirmation of the last few days events.

then one of the great detective moves in all of surly / shaggy history - centex hillbilly saw urban on TV today and noticed the hotel decor and traced it back to horseshoe bay resort rooms and even posted the exact match - wall color, window, chair and curtain style. 

we all started celebrating then and haven’t stopped since.

Urban Meyer Interview: Alex Smith, Dwayne Haskins Benching, Joe Burrow and Cowboys - YouTube

Looks to be the same room with the same curtains. Not sure that's actually the HSB resort because this interview happened in October.

6 minutes ago, troph said:

Basically it was this:

flightaware showed way too many stops that just couldn’t be ignored. Horseshoe bay to Columbus to Cincy to Florida with a flight from Sarasota back to Austin tomorrow.  The thing about Sarasota is UM’s wife stated she was going there for some R&R on Twitter.  Can’t be a coincidence. This was after the flight out to LA a few days prior that came back through HSB if my memory is right.

then that squid fella tweeted cryptic style a confirmation of the last few days events.

then one of the great detective moves in all of surly / shaggy history - centex hillbilly saw urban on TV today and noticed the hotel decor and traced it back to horseshoe bay resort rooms and even posted the exact match - wall color, window, chair and curtain style. 

we all started celebrating then and haven’t stopped since.

34AD22A7-53E3-4EBE-BF32-583455C56F44.gif.c221179c7d7537c5cb5a6b96ee2084ff.gif

3 minutes ago, SimonSays said:

Urban Meyer Interview: Alex Smith, Dwayne Haskins Benching, Joe Burrow and Cowboys - YouTube

Looks to be the same room with the same curtains. Not sure that's actually the HSB resort because this interview happened in October.

hmm i just looked at both youtube videos side by side and you are not wrong... does look like same room

2 minutes ago, SimonSays said:

But we don't have a timeline yet on when this dance started, so it still can be the HSB resort. We don't actually know how often he's visited in the past, neither.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, CenTex Hill Billy said:

Urban was in Hbay in october confirmed. 

You mean because Otey knew they were in Texas when she asked the question to Shelly Meyer. Makes sense...so can we tell if she was there too?

Edited by TexMexBuddha
Spell the ladies name right.

2 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

LOL at escaping the Southmore favela.  You had it made with a Weinerschnitzel, Casa Ole, and X-rated drive-in.

You nailed some of that. I went to Southmore and we’d go to Casa Ole when my parents felt good about being able to catch up to hot checks at payday. 

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

My family has a house down in Pirates beach and we love the hell out of it. Big RIP to cafe Michael Burger though

We’re in Lafittes and Cafe Michael has been done for for a while. Apparently the dude just dropped dead during a shift and the wife can’t bring herself to sell it? I don’t know. It’s a weird story and been a few years, I think. 

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

I love Galveston. 

The contender I would submit for biggest shithole in Texas would be the poorly named Crystal City. 

1 hour ago, Caddox said:

Screw UM I'm here for the Galveston talk. Anyone down near Pirate's needs to get a cheesesteak from Hummel's. So legit. Owner is from philly. 

Yeah, there are far worse hell holes in TX than most of the gulf coast towns.  

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

FUCKING L.O.L. Very fair though hahaha!

0B173B93-30E7-4B0B-8C82-8FD56AD1D433.png

Nahlin and IT should wake up every morning and thank Surly for the help over the years. He’s tweeted plenty about the rent he’s paying intellectually. 

1 hour ago, Alien Octopus said:

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic