Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

Just now, ShowMeALoss said:

It has to do with the coach's rolodex. Someone like UM can call on anyone in the industry whereas Herman probably knows only the few coaches he worked with in the past.

exactly. that was my point.  Mack had the list already made.  Charlie never thought about a list and Herman didn't have one or no one on the list wanted to work for that asshat.

1 minute ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Steve Patterson might have done more damage in his time than either Strong or Herman.  God that guy was fucking awful, how the hell did we hire him?

he and "Korn Ferry" absolutely did more damage to the entire dept.  We are lucky no one allowed Plonsky to swoop into the vacuum after him.

• Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

I see absolutely zero way they are firing Herman before Saturday. You don’t trot the face of the program out on Monday just to can him the next day. It makes no logical sense and, for the first time in a long time, we have pretty competent people above the head coach.

I tend to agree with this ^

4 minutes ago, troph said:

I think you fire him the moment urban signs.  And not a second later. 

Although, I guess this makes sense too because you wouldn’t cancel the TH press conference until something was finalized, which could technically happen before Saturday.

So the situation...piss and all that.

5 hours ago, BradInATX said:

If I had money on that book I'd be in pretty heavy on Current coach/assistant and Meyer. I don't see it being one of the other two. Almost guaranteed money.

Yeah, 1000 assistant, and 500 UM seems low risk to me to get a little return.

1 minute ago, Foosters said:

Can we go back to making up stories about Meyer so we don't have to rehash the Strong vs Herman debate again?

Meyer is CUMing.  book it.  Shelly is buying Street's house as we speak.  flightaware shows flight inbound from LA to Lakeway landing at 8PM.

5 hours ago, OU Still Sucks said:

Herman asked why this team, with a senior QB and three top-10 recruiting classes, didn't work: "Any answer I give you right now is going to come across as an excuse."

He could own that he isn't that good, and the coaches have called some really bad games and put their players in bad spots because of it. Anything else would be an excuse, he's right.

I know thats old, been chewing on it since lunch. 

1 hour ago, BurntEyes said:

Are you a idoit? Austonia is the capital of Bolivion. Apparently, CDC has been reaching out to some top recruits from that location recently.

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

Was it Melisandre?  I'm on board with you and her birthing a shadow baby to remove all obstacles to hiring Meyer if that's what it takes. Herman, Shelly Meyer, CDC, a contrarian regent, or futureman's anus, I don't give a fuck who has to die, just get Urban to Austin. 

Hell, I’ll chip in the leech an shit  

45 minutes ago, bmbmd said:

Where did you get this?  What is it called? 

What the fucking fuck?

43 minutes ago, freyguy said:

When it was announced, I looked at his pedigree and saw it was identical to CS.  Only difference was him being white, and douchy.  Tried to stay positive the first year, but after Maryland #2 in '18, I started calling him the White CS.

Buddy of mine always referred to Billy Ocean as the black Michael McDonald...

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, South Austin said:

There are some posters who evidently have the opinion that Charlie Strong was not a good hire.  That's about it for now.

I don't know. He has done pretty well since he left here. I think this year he is going to get a national championship ring.

16 minutes ago, troph said:

I’m trying not to get excited. Saban should be in his 7th season here so all the UM talk is making me want to punch myself in the face for starting to hope. 

Better than trying to punch yourself in the dick

13 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

You mean if Urban doesn't ride in on Bevo singing the eyes and doe not personally kick Tom's ass then yeah we'll be disappointed. 

I'm looking for the "You ready for the Nattys!" and then walkoff mic drop

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Also, fun story about this asshole's obnoxious stupidity since The Hermancipation Is Nigh -- Fuckface and his wife took a booster's plane for a weekend to Mexico or some shit. Boarded the plane drunk as fuck, got into a batshit crazy screaming fight with each other, and the wife attempts to pull the door open at 35,000 feet, which had to be documented in some form for whatever reason. I'm happy to get as shitfaced with my wife on vacation as the next guy, but getting violent and nearly causing the demolition/wreck of some patron's $10+million property in the process? Yeah, you're dumber than a sack of hammers. 

I choose to believe this.

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic