Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

4 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

George RR Martin should ask us to write his Game of Thrones books for him. Pages and pages of utter amazement.

I don’t need this level of negativity in this thread. Ive been waiting for TWOW since 2011 sir

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Texans7 at 247 says we have offered 14 million and 7 years. 

In truth, this type of rumor makes me way more worried it aint happening.. only way money gets that high is if he already said no a few times and this a last ditch effort.

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

Please y’all don’t make me subscribe to that cosmic brownie slut Ketch’s site till the coaching search is done. Someone has to be on OB right?

Just subscribe then dispute the charge later as fraudulent. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

So what have we learned we need to know about in Shag/Surly coaching searches:

Flightware

Burgers and condiments

Austin Real estate brokers and who they are fucking

Who the coach is fucking

Who the coach is fucking on the side

the twitters

Ketch is a fat piece of shit

Nicole divorced a former Surlyster and got the website rites in the custody agreement

How to set up the interior of a private jet

bourbon/whiskey/whisky/firewater

don't forget the breakfast tacos. important for setting a good base in the morning.

Just now, Hiphopopotamos said:

I knew there was no way Urban was signing for less total money than that 1-title fuck-wit Jimbo. 

Give him his 7 for 14 and let’s get to fucking work. 

Blank Fucking check mofo!!! The best part is it’s someone else’s money 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Please y’all don’t make me subscribe to that cosmic brownie slut Ketch’s site till the coaching search is done. Someone has to be on OB right?

rest easy brother 

Spoiler

A few notes to pass along...

a. I spoke with a TV executive today with some insight into Urban Meyer's situation from a Fox perspective. Basically, it's the same information that everyone already knows, which is that the ball is in Urban Meyer's court and that it will simply come down to how Meyer's family feels about the idea of him taking another job that potentially puts his health at risk. Per this source...

1. Urban hasn't told Fox anything yet.
2. If any job is ever going to tempt Meyer back into coaching, it'll be Texas. I was told his interest is significant and that those in the TV industry have known that this was a possibility for months.

b. We mentioned yesterday that there was scuttlebutt of Meyer looking for a deal worth more than the one that Jimbo Fisher signed at Texas A&M. Although we haven't locked down the years attached to the offer, there were whispers of an offer of $12 million per year is in Urban's hands. Again, we're trying to lock down specifics before "officially" reporting it, but in the name of sharing the whispers that we're hearing.... there ya go.

I asked one high-level Texas administrator tonight about the number and I was told that the number was shocking and was met with a huge amount of disbelief.

In talking to Texas administrators prior to this week, there's no doubt in my mind that a 10 year contract would normally be a non-starter for those in charge of approving contracts, so it's possible that the $12 million per year number (which is nearly $3 million more than Nick Saban is making this year at Alabama), is an attempted middle ground in terms of building a total compensation package that ticks all the boxes for Meyer without causing Texas officials to make a deal they have reservations about.

c. On the whole, I've never seen such internal discipline from the Texas side of things as I have in the last week or so with regards to anything involving Meyer. Hell, it's possible that the administrator I communicated with tonight is part of the "Lips Are Sealed" Club and those involved simply aren't going to do anything that so much as threatens this deal by a hair.

d. For all of the talk about BMDs and cooks in the kitchen, the sense I get is that Chris Del Conte is very much steering the ship. One person I spoke with earlier today said that it's not quite like Steve Patterson shutting everyone out except his inner circle of one back in 2013, but it's less of a joint affair as the pursuit of Tom Herman proved to be.

• Hook 'Em 9

Who is this guy?

A guy who has read 47 versions of an offer scooped by everyone plus the flightaware genius of surly the last two days.

Hey, he’s been offered a lot of cash and could be on his way to scope out the best burger in Austin Wednesday.

See anyone can do this.

Just now, Hiphopopotamos said:

An idiot lurking on surly and then reporting it as if he was told it. 

There seems to be a shit ton of that happening. I am really curious the site metrics overall and for this thread in particular the last few days in comparison to say last week or so

10 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

In truth, this type of rumor makes me way more worried it aint happening.. only way money gets that high is if he already said no a few times and this a last ditch effort.

or he said no and it isnt about money and this is a way to get the "word" out that we did everything we could when we hire Brent Venables for 5M per.

or its just bullshit.  I find it hard to believe we will offer more than 10M a year. not saying he isn't worth it just cant see it.

There seems to be a shit ton of that happening. I am really curious the site metrics overall and for this thread in particular the last few days in comparison to say last week or so

Similar to USC vs the greatest armies in the world thread I bet. Global recognition.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

rest easy brother 

Reveal hidden contents

a. I spoke with a TV executive today with some insight into Urban Meyer's situation from a Fox perspective. Basically, it's the same information that everyone already knows, which is that the ball is in Urban Meyer's court and that it will simply come down to how Meyer's family feels about the idea of him taking another job that potentially puts his health at risk. Per this source...

2. If any job is ever going to tempt Meyer back into coaching, it'll be Texas. I was told his interest is significant and that those in the TV industry have known that this was a possibility for months.

b. We mentioned yesterday that there was scuttlebutt of Meyer looking for a deal worth more than the one that Jimbo Fisher signed at Texas A&M. Although we haven't locked down the years attached to the offer, there were whispers of an offer of $12 million per year is in Urban's hands. Again, we're trying to lock down specifics before "officially" reporting it, but in the name of sharing the whispers that we're hearing.... there ya go.

I asked one high-level Texas administrator tonight about the number and I was told that the number was shocking and was met with a huge amount of disbelief.

In talking to Texas administrators prior to this week, there's no doubt in my mind that a 10 year contract would normally be a non-starter for those in charge of approving contracts, so it's possible that the $12 million per year number (which is nearly $3 million more than Nick Saban is making this year at Alabama), is an attempted middle ground in terms of building a total compensation package that ticks all the boxes for Meyer without causing Texas officials to make a deal they have reservations about.

c. On the whole, I've never seen such internal discipline from the Texas side of things as I have in the last week or so with regards to anything involving Meyer. Hell, it's possible that the administrator I communicated with tonight is part of the "Lips Are Sealed" Club and those involved simply aren't going to do anything that so much as threatens this deal by a hair.

d. For all of the talk about BMDs and cooks in the kitchen, the sense I get is that Chris Del Conte is very much steering the ship. One person I spoke with earlier today said that it's not quite like Steve Patterson shutting everyone out except his inner circle of one back in 2013, but it's less of a joint affair as the pursuit of Tom Herman proved to be.

Meryl Streep Thank You GIF by The Academy Awards

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

rest easy brother 

Hide contents

So 5 for 12 was our opening bid. There was some sort of counter, and now we're pushing 7 for 14. Proud of our boosters and administration if true, no matter the outcome. Nuts. On. The. Table. 

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

or he said no and it isnt about money and this is a way to get the "word" out that we did everything we could when we hire Brent Venables for 5M per.

or its just bullshit.  I find it hard to believe we will offer more than 10M a year. not saying he isn't worth it just cant see it.

If we’re not offering at least 10 then there is no chance we’re pulling Urban out of retirement. It’s going to take more than just being the highest paid - we need to blow his fucking socks off. 

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic