Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

8 hours ago, Sir Ulrich said:

COVID is making a run through the team including some starters. Woulf a canceled KSU game speed this up?

I wondered about 50 pages back if Herman would get it so he could isolate and try to avoid being canned for a few weeks.  Would Texas worry about the optics of firing a head coach with covid?  Wouldn't they have to make their move regardless, since early signing day is coming up quickly?

6 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I like my calculator
7d11abec21fab68136cbfa6243015fe2.jpg

I am disappoint in your pen game.  1.4 ball points at a minimum and 1.6 ftw when going cheaper pens.  Also, i never get a laptop without its own 10 key.  Nice office and floors though!  

Edited by RollLeft

7 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

You will be honored at the annual IWA awards show where you will take home the treasured "Surly, " a trophy modeled after one of @THUJONE's cartoon penises. I display mine next to my wife's oversized paper mache Easter egg. Followed by Thujone receiving the "NOHOMOnttawwt " award for this year's best ms paint or dick design and not for kicking cancer's ass this year.   

Internet's Wittiest Asshole

Edited by RollLeft

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Wait, you think that person actually knows anything? 

Nope, I just like the idea of a gofundme. We could hire the coach "Green Bay Packers" style with thousands of Longhorn fans owning a share of the salary. Democratize this bitch.

Bobby Burton

Member Who Talks

Texas officials and emissaries of the university were in multiple cities yesterday trying to better ascertain the interest and availability of multiple football head coaching candidates for the Longhorns.

Much of the focus remains on Urban Meyer, the three-time national championship coach, who now serves as an analyst for Fox Sports' college football coverage.

While Meyer is certainly at the top of the board, I am told the Horns are "running traps on other coaches" to gauge their interest in case the top candidate opts to stay out of coaching.

I am told that chairman of the Longhorn Board of Regents Kevin Eltife is actively working with Texas president Jay Hartzell and athletic director Chris Del Conte, as well as deputy athletic director Shawn Eichorst in the search.

Eltife is considered a diehard Longhorn football fan and has been said to be visibly disappointed with the Longhorns' on-field performance at times this season.

Eichorst may be a new name to some Longhorn fans, but he is the former athletic director at Nebraska and is well versed in coaching searches of magnitude. It is Eichorst who hired Mike Riley away from Oregon State for Nebraska in 2014, a move which ultimately proved dubious but not for lack of effort on Eichorst's part.

As for other candidates, until or unless Meyer gives Texas a solid answer, the search and meetings with other candidates will continue. I am told that the Texas admin is determined not to be caught flat-footed when it dismisses head coach Tom Herman

We know of one NFL coach, that Eric mentioned yesterday, the Horns have expressed direct interest in. I am told to expect others, both pro and college, until there is resolution with Meyer.

Keep this in mind: this situation is developing and could turn in any direction at a moment's notice. We could get clarity on Meyer's thought process and willingness to return to coaching today or later this week, or even after Herman is dismissed. Likewise, other candidates are likely to become more obvious once Herman is fired.

As it relates to members of the team reporting Covid-19 symptoms yesterday, Texas would neither confirm nor deny the report, although other media outlets ultimately did.

Are these players simply "tired" and perhaps faking these symptoms, are they legitimate symptoms, or do they have the disease?

We simply do not know. All we can report is that multiple starters missed practice yesterday because they reported having symptoms of the disease.

Texas typically tests three times a week The next team-wide testing is scheduled for today.

Multiple starters missing practice is not good, not for a team or program already needing to replace two team captains that opted out of the remainder of the season in the past 48 hours.

Last edited: 7 minutes ago
  • Like 2

It’s almost a mortal certainty someone from Texas flew to either California or Columbus to meet with Meyer personally to talk about the job this week. If does not take forensic flight analysis to get to that conclusion. If he agreed to coach Texas, we won’t have to wait long to find out.The admin and boosters will be so jacked that info will leak pretty quickly to a 9.95er. I’m guessing Meyer has to happen or not by Sunday then Texas starts the real process of plan B. 

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic