Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

17 minutes ago, Mole said:

The eggs were among the best part of being in the Army. No one was getting cold, runny eggs, even in basic training. The military doesn’t even run itself like “the military.”

Breakfast was definitely the best part of basic training. And I’m not a big breakfast person either.

• Hook 'Em 1

I do not think the medical hurdle is in play anymore. I also wonder if getting "his guys" to join him in Austin is either. Perhaps it's something bigger than that -- UT's culture. Seems some are kicking around the idea that "The Eyes" situation might be playing into Urban's thinking here. Perhaps he's thinking UT might be a little too "Berkeley" for him to create his next football factory. Burton's report saying Urban is wondering if his "hard-charging approach is still relevant in the new era of player personal freedom" has me a little worried. I'm sure he's interviewing Hartzell, the regents and CDC at the same time he's being 'interviewed' by them. Glad we appear to be running traps on Plan 1B.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

I do not think the medical hurdle is in play anymore. I also wonder if getting "his guys" to join him in Austin is either. Perhaps it's something bigger than that -- UT's culture. Seems some are kicking around the idea that "The Eyes" situation might be playing into Urban's thinking here. Perhaps he's thinking UT might be a little too "Berkeley" for him to create his next football factory. Burton's report saying Urban is wondering if his "hard-charging approach is still relevant in the new era of player personal freedom" has me a little worried. I'm sure he's interviewing Hartzell, the regents and CDC at the same time he's being 'interviewed' by them. Glad we appear to be running traps on Plan 1B.

We're offering 12 mil a year.  We're serious about football.

I want him hired, don’t get me wrong but you don’t think it is even possible that he may decide Texas isn’t the right fit for him?   Money isn’t everything especially to people that already have it and know they can get it anytime they want elsewhere.

I am not concerned about that at all. He wanted Texas. Unless the interview process exposed something to him.

6 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Exactly. Some players act like children, but these aren't 3 year olds. They can see through contrived gimmicks and resent them. Urban and Saban have high standards they demand their players adhere to. They don't have to waste time making players sit in the corner (or eat burnt toast), they just move on.

Also, Herman is an undisciplined fuck who I’m sure came across as an insufferable hypocrite to the players from whom he demanded discipline. Urban and Saban are disciplined people.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

For reference this is the plane Eltife was on 

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/EJA664

It's got too many planned stops to read into it, but figured it would be worth monitoring

If it goes to Hooks I'll ask my partner to run over there and asks what's up with the plane. I'll also have him confirm the interior. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

LA (USC, Chargers), Columbus (Ryan Day to the NFL?)

Feels like recruiting wars.  Who's making a final pitch to him?

I think his other options would be USC, Cowboys, Lions. Chargers aren't firing their coach anytime soon. He was just (likely) pushed out of OSU and Day may not be going anywhere

No insider knowledge but hard to see USC opening up this year. Helton has a $20mm+ buyout and is undefeated in a covid year with the #7 recruiting class. Slovis could have a big year next year too and buy Helton a few more

2 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

The funny thing about college coaching searches is that it is nearly impossible to mask flights during this time. Who the hell is flying this often to and from Columbus to Austin in early December? 

Planes have weight limits. It takes multiple flights to shuttle all that cash to Urb's house.

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

oi this is getting disturbing.  never thought of this angle.  austin/40 is woke central.   we need HARDNESS that's been missing for a decade.  will our "culture" allow it?

That's an issue. We have the most woke University this side of Berkeley. It's a legit concern. 

1 minute ago, Telegraph_it said:

If it goes to Hooks I'll ask my partner to run over there and asks what's up with the plane. I'll also have him confirm the interior. 

and if burgers were served, mayo or mwhip, bourbon or whiskey, and a bidet.  Thanks.

1 minute ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Ketch just now 

FYI, learning a little more.

Texas definitely doesn't have any indications from Urban at this point. They are waiting to hear. if he wants to coach again.

Earlier this morning he was saying that this has been air tight and it's been hard to get info lol

Guess he couldn't log into IT?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, Bodacious Bevo said:

Ketch just now 

Texas definitely doesn't have any indications from Urban at this point. They are waiting to hear. if he wants to coach again.

Earlier this morning he was saying that this has been air tight and it's been hard to get info lol

Lulz. Ketch is hours behind the news cycle so he makes up this shit that contradicts what IT is saying so his subs thinks he's on top of things. As transparent as embezzling money to pay off back taxes.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

We're offering 12 mil a year.  We're serious about football.

Those of us posting on this board -- and others -- are. The BMDs involved in this are. Seems the current president is. (That can change overnight as academians tend to move around quite a bit.) But we aren't like the SEC when it comes to football, no matter what we have to offer up as annual salary. Football isn't UT's identity.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Ketch just now 

Ketch knows the game. Post updates from what he learns from IT and Surly, but drop a little harmless bit every now and then that goes against it so he can get us off his trail. 

Just now, C-Man said:

Those of us posting on this board -- and others -- are. The BMDs involved in this are. Seems the current president is. (That can change overnight as academians tend to move around quite a bit.) But we aren't like the SEC when it comes to football, no matter what we have to offer up as annual salary. Football isn't UT's identity.

That needs to change for the football programs sake. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Ketch just now 

Ketch definitely doesn't have any indications from anyone at this point.  He's waiting for Surly to tell him why his whiskey is not bourbon, nor the other way around in reverse....

Earlier this morning he was also saying that futureman's ass was air tight and it's been hard to get into.

6 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

They are waiting to hear. if he wants to coach again.

This is insulting at this point. We've been negotiating with him for a month and now at the end we're waiting to hear if he is interested in coaching again. Ok. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, C-Man said:

This is easy to say when we suck.

I don't think that was the case from say 1998 to 2009.

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

This is insulting at this point. We've been negotiating with him for a month and now at the end we're waiting to hear if he is interested in coaching again. Ok. 

If negotiations are anything other than “name your price” then we’ve already fucked up. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TexArcher said:

It really says a lot about how fucked up 2020 has been that this insane thread actually gives us a sense of normalcy.

Spoiler alert - 2020 is actually a good year when compared to 2021.  Word is, the Mayans that made the end-of-the-world turned out to be dyslexic.  Oops.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic