Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

2 hours ago, utexas8 said:

Not panicking yet but isn’t there always hedging In a coaching search at some point?

Whether they end up accepting or not?

They're hedging because CDC is doing this shit right, so they don't know shit.

34 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Their recruitin class is #7 this year though and top 10 for 2022 so that seems to be a blip

Not sure how they fire Helton if he's undefeated, has a top 10 class, all in Covid year

NOTHING would make me happier than for SC to keep Helton ad infinitum.  But unless and until they are winning conference championships and competing for NC's, they won't take the heat off Bohn to can him.  And Helton will get less from more than just about any coach out there.

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Burton:

According to a high-ranking official at The University of Texas, Urban Meyer is mulling a return to coaching.

Open issues that remain are his health and whether or not he is convinced that his hard-charging approach is “still relevant in the new era of player personal freedom.”

This report comes immediately following a trip returning from Columbus to Austin of a UT emissary less than 30 minutes ago.

Meyer’s health concerns have been mentioned previously. His approach has not.

Again, it remains a fluid situation, one where we could see twists and turns and misdirection until Tom Herman is dismissed.

I love the we have an emissary like the Republic is sending someone to the Empire to provide a peace offering.

Maybe I'm wrong and we really don't want to be Cal.  I will believe it when I see it because this could be the " we did everything we could" cover scenario.  hoping like hell it is not.

• Like 1

Just now, dcar00 said:

I love the we have an emissary like the Republic is sending someone to the Empire to provide a peace offering.

Maybe I'm wrong and we really don't want to be Cal.  I will believe it when I see it because this could be the " we did everything we could" cover scenario.  hoping like hell it is not.

Your takes on this have all been horrible. Cal would never off a coach $12 million per year, especially not a coach who left his last two universities the way Meyer did. We're not Cal and we're not even close. JFC. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, wood said:

They're hedging because CDC is doing this shit right, so they don't know shit.

Exactly. We have run this program like a banana republic for far too long. CDC is savvy. He’s not an idiot. He knows what signing day means. He knows we need to cut out the rot that has been keeping UT from being a powerhouse and earning even more money. 
 If UM wants to coach the only ways we could screw this up  (again just my opinion) is if we never offered (we did) or we said “pull my finger. Ha ha! We were just kidding!” 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Your takes on this have all been horrible. Cal would never off a coach $12 million per year, especially not a coach who left his last two universities the way Meyer did. We're not Cal and we're not even close. JFC. 

I feel like the people that compare us to Cal are unaware of just how God awful Cal has been for like, 30 years now.

Actually - just looked it up. Cal has never been good at football. They did sneak a couple of 10 win seasons in in 04 and 06 - before then you have to go back to 91. 

Herman would potentially be their best coach in 70 or so years.

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, crash_davis said:

ketch trying to stay relevant during this ordeal. 

not.working.

Hard to do when he’s probably sitting in a Wendy’s parking lot dipping handfuls of bacon cheese fries into his frosty and talking on his bat phone to his sources. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Red Five said:

This is insulting at this point. We've been negotiating with him for a month and now at the end we're waiting to hear if he is interested in coaching again. Ok. 

All we are negotiating now is how to reverse the Brinks truck up his driveway.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

whatever.  show me don't tell me.

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

If not for Mack’s time here we’d likely be on that same 30 year trajectory

No. Not even close. This is my exact point. Go look up their year by year results. Since 2000 they have had four 5 win seasons, a 3 win season and two ONE win seasons. (And 2000 was another 3 win season - the 90s were even worse)

Edited by ztejas

2 minutes ago, Texas St. Armadillos said:

Looks like EJA664 is headed to Hooks (northside of Houston) instead of Love Field.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/EJA664#flightPageActivityLog

Netjets is for lack of a better word, a plane sharing program. They flex their fleet of planes for different clients on the same day. The important flights were between Columbus and Austin. Almost a guarantee there is another Netjets user flying the other flights on the schedule.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

"Ok Coach Meyer it looks like we've got everything here almost wrapped up. Thanks for meeting with us for the third time. Now we just need to dot some i's and cross some t's and we'll be all done here. Oh wait, one more thing... do you have any desire to return to coaching?"

I’m in sales so I know this much, I’d be fired if on my third sales meeting I finally asked, “oh by the way, are you the decision maker? And can you validate my parking?” 

This whole "total control" theme is stupid. What control does Herman not currently have?

Control over getting new locker room/facilities - check

Control over hiring staff & assistants - check (see Casey Horny and the other parade of dipshits he's hired)

Control of roster/play calling - Only way to explain Brewer playing in the slot the whole damn time

etc etc etc

It seems like he has all of the control he needs.

What is Urban looking for that is so fucking different?

Just now, ztejas said:

No. Not even close. This is my exact point. Go look up their year by year results. Since 2000 they have had four 5 win seasons, a 3 win season and two ONE win seasons. 

its more than just wins and losses...even though we managed to lose to them TWICE.  maybe I should use Standford or Maryland.  we lost to them too.

4 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I agree with you for the most part. But I can guarantee you a lot of UT faculty/staff that are mortified by the idea of hiring Urban hire at whatever the final cost is. "The Eyes" groundswell started with a faculty member didn't it? You don't see these things being an issue at other football factories. Hell, aggy had alums openly screaming obscenities and epithets at current players this summer with the whole Sul Ross statue embroglio and that's not even a blip on the radar now. Is it simply because they're whatever-and-1 and #5 in the CFP?

Just now, Texas St. Armadillos said:

Looks like EJA664 is headed to Hooks (northside of Houston) instead of Love Field.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/EJA664#flightPageActivityLog

My favorite part is the departure scheduled from OKC tomorrow when there are no arrivals in or near OKC before then. 

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

If not for Mack’s time here we’d likely be on that same 30 year trajectory

If you take one of the best coaches in program history away, then a lot of programs will look like Cal on the field, but you're once again missing the point of the conversation.  The Cal talk is not about football results. It's about how much the University cares about football. We are nowhere near Cal in that department and it could not be more obvious from our pursuit of Meyer. 

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

whatever.  show me don't tell me.

That's the whole point.  UT's Admin is showing you and you're still missing it.  We're going after a guy who left his last two universities in very messy situations and offering to top the market by $3 million per year. If Meyer says no, it won't be UT's fault. We've pretty clearly done all we can to get him. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

This whole "total control" theme is stupid. What control does Herman not currently have?

Control over hiring staff & assistants - check (see Casey Horny and the other parade of dipshits he's hired)

Control of roster/play calling - Only way to explain Brewer playing in the slot the whole damn time

etc etc etc

What Saban has at Bama and Dabo at Clemson  in regards to those above him and around the program. Complete and total buy in and having his back. He wants the school and administration to completely buy into to him and his football team. Not be some bullshit that Texas has been since DKR. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BrazilHorn said:

etc etc etc

I think total control means 'if that Plonsky bitch ever speaks to me...."

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

My favorite part is the departure scheduled from OKC tomorrow when there are no arrivals in or near OKC before then. 

If you take one of the best coaches in program history away, then a lot of programs will look like Cal on the field, but you're once again missing the point of the conversation.  The Cal talk is not about football results. It's about how much the University cares about football. We are nowhere near Cal in that department and it could not be more obvious from our pursuit of Meyer. 

That's the whole point.  UT's Admin is showing you and you're still missing it.  We're going after a guy who left his last two universities in very messy situations and offering to top the market by $3 million per year. If Meyer says no, it won't be UT's fault. We've pretty clearly done all we can to get him. 

And there it is...

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

What Saban has at Bama in regards to those above him and around the program. Complete and total buy in and having his back. I

I actually think had Herman not been such a complete ass clown and had he put up the W's that Saban has (or that I would expect UM to) that this would have easily happened.

UT should give Urban whatever the fuck he wants, He has the skins on the wall. Herman had gimmicks (grill & kisses) but nowhere near the history Urban has.

5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

"Ok Coach Meyer it looks like we've got everything here almost wrapped up. Thanks for meeting with us for the third time. Now we just need to dot some i's and cross some t's and we'll be all done here. Oh wait, one more thing... do you have any desire to return to coaching?"

tenor.gif?itemid=13175857

• Haha 4

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic