Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

4 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Sorry, just so I'm tracking why this is exciting, in summary: 

1. The Jet Linx 512 left Austin this AM and we think Urban and/or family was on it. 

2. The plane went to Atlanta (?)

3. Tomorrow it's going to Tampa from Atlanta

4. Urban's wife confirmed they are going to Tampa for a weekend in the Keys

Is that right? I'll believe anything as long as it means we get Urban at this point, just want to be clear. How does all this square with the flight from OSU to Horseshoe Bay, would that be separate family (SiL?) or a different theory on his wife's whereabouts? 

It has flown from FL to Austin, then to LA (for his Fox gig), back to Austin, now on to Columbus and is going to Tampa this weekend where Shelley has been saying they're going.  Too many coincidences to be ignored.

• Hook 'Em 9

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

She says headed to Saturday. Siesta is about a hour away from Tampa. Could have shuttle service to Siesta saturday but arrive in Tampa earlier.

Sarasota is much closer to Siesta and easier to access, so not sure why Tampa. Maybe she is swinging by Brady's house first. 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, troph said:

yeah, it's just math.  but the appeal of next level wealth whatever it is drives most of us to want it.  we 37 steps below his wealth can't understand why he'd want the next level, but it's the same calculus we have for wanting our next level.  He's not at FUPM wealth at $35M, he's close.  If I was close to FUPM wealth at 56 and I loved doing my craft, I would absolutely want to trade in a booster cessna for my own.

You've made good points on these posts, almost all of which have my agreement. However, in one of them you referenced earning 6% passive income in aggregate against the money. Where in the fuck are you stashing your capital & bearer bonds, Ms. Gruber?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

I am now of the opinion that this shit is done and it is just a series of small details, scheduling and logistics to be worked out for announcements.

if they really aren't hiding the flights well then yeah, I agree.  so much noise in the data and tight lipped nothing out of the people.  seems like it's done.  we aren't hearing jack crap about other candidates except some vetting now happening, that's the only thing to give pause but that's not a lot of noise on that front at all.  I would imagine if there was a ton of vetting really going on, leaks would happen to leverage existing employers.  don't see it though.

I hate not having the usual front row seat to this, though again some leaks for sure, Burton seems to have some inside info, but I'll give up the leaks for a professionally run deal that achieves the right outcome any day.

52 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Anyone able to summarize this? I'm at work cant listen in.

Also, I said it before, but he could be trying to get his strength and conditioning coach or recruiting coordinator (Im calling them his mafia ties, fuck it), or even his son in law, as referenced by a few people.

The right thing to do is quit your job.  We need total focussness.

11 minutes ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

That $7 mil sounds insane until you think about Tony Romo making $17 mil a year calling NFL games. I'd still be shocked if that $7 mil is accurate. What was Mack making at ESPN? Geez.

I see the fox salary was corrected, makes sense.

Maybe UM is negotiating who gets to fire Herman. Love to see Urban with his feet kicked up on Tom's desk telling him, you're fired! 

There is a yuuuuge difference between being on a cfb desk and being THE A-list NFL color guy.

Just now, closetojumping said:

You've made good points on these posts, almost all of which have my agreement. However, in one of them you referenced earning 6% passive income in aggregate against the money. Where in the fuck are you stashing your capital & bearer bonds, Ms. Gruber?

I was taking the most conservative position. any wealth manager that is worth a shit will advise some wealth preservation as well as growth, so if you went 100% passive and hedged against equities, then over all you're looking at 6-9% historically (and that includes COVID crash in March and the 08-09 crash too).  Yes a high flying year pushes 20% but taking a 15-20 year average a truly passive portfolio isn't making 10% per year.  NOW, that said, if I had $50M in the bank, I'm running a legit family office and making 20% plus on my money.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TexasEx said:

Someone above said son in law's family lived there. 

He's from somewhere in Alabama near the Georgia state line, but I believe Atlanta is the closest airport. He also played at GT, so they might have moved even closer that way. It was just speculation on my part.

19 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

I am now of the opinion that this shit is done and it is just a series of small details, scheduling and logistics to be worked out for announcements.

i am almost there

almost

there are too many coincidences now on flightaware for this to not be real

on the flowchart, we have to be at the "fire therm" stage....

.... sooooooo.....

/judgesmails.gif

21 minutes ago, Frosted Tips said:

Thank you Lance Armstrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This post is as dumb as the voice in your head told you it was. 

Lance Armstrong broke multiple laws in multiple nations, destroyed people's careers and lives, and was stripped of his titles. He's far more hated for being a relentless asshole than for doping as a professional cyclist. 

We can play players without breaking laws and the NCAA won't strip shit. 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 4

9 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

It has flown from FL to Austin, then to LA (for his Fox gig), back to Austin, now on to Columbus and is going to Tampa this weekend where Shelley has been saying they're going.  Too many coincidences to be ignored.

somebody needs to put this in a chart for us to drool over.

3 minutes ago, troph said:

I was taking the most conservative position. any wealth manager that is worth a shit will advise some wealth preservation as well as growth, so if you went 100% passive and hedged against equities, then over all you're looking at 6-9% historically (and that includes COVID crash in March and the 08-09 crash too).  Yes a high flying year pushes 20% but taking a 15-20 year average a truly passive portfolio isn't making 10% per year.  NOW, that said, if I had $50M in the bank, I'm running a legit family office and making 20% plus on my money.

You don't know shit about fuck when it comes to money and investing.  Stick to being a lawyer

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

We can play players without breaking laws and the NCAA won't strip shit. 

The great part is with NIL we can do this all above board. When recruits see 5/$60M, they'll know where the money is. This will tremendously level the playing field for those relatively on the up and up. Urban Meyer recruiting with that advantage would make it borderline criminal.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic