Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

12 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

who the fuck is this, and why are people retweeting this info that was already being regurgitated by every pay site 2 days ago?

one of the guys from barking carnival and did their podcast with Jason Chilton back in the day (when it was still around)

31 minutes ago, 1leggedduck said:

I could go hang out at the Horseshoe Bay Airport and photograph/annoy every crew that lands there. Would that be a good idea? Hell, I can hear the takeoffs/landings from my driveway.

Given your username, you better leave muy pronto!

1 hour ago, troph said:

people saying he doesn't need the money?  Anyone saying he doesn't need money doesn't understand money.

I bet he's worth $10M now and has a comfy gig making $300-500K at Fox, pure speculation.  Add $50M to that after tax and walking around money, he's adding at least $15M to his net worth after taxes and and everything.  There's a big difference between $10M and $25M when you're talking about easy street.  $10M yields $600,000 in passive income at a historical rate of 6% return in the market.  $25M returns $1.5M.  If they are living off $2M a year while at Texas they could retire with passive income close to that amount.  That's a huge step up.  $600K is nothing to sneeze at but you aren't even close to FUPM wealth status.  $25M gets you close, plus if he does well, he's wheels are greased for years to come making cash in deals.  The man actually needs a graceful exit from a program that has wheelers/dealers and this could be it. 

He's worth 35 million, enough that his great great grandkids will never have to worry about money

5 minutes ago, Errestaurants said:

Hey Urban. If you accept I'll allow u to fuck my wife and cum in her. No charge!

Urban, he'd let you do it even if you were a coordinator, maybe even a position coach.  

1 hour ago, Sir Ulrich said:

How fun would it be if they were actually flying private jets around the states building an all star staff? I am picturing a movie montage of Urban jumping on a jet and flying around pickup up coaches until the plane is full and landing in Austin. Just need a song that brings the picture together. 

tenor.gif?itemid=15658439

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

FWIW - I think multiple sites have reported that CDC was a huge James Franklin fan and that he has been on CDC's 'contingency' list for several years (saw one site that said Franklin would have been CDC's choice had he been AD during the Strong years).  Given Penn St's piss-poor start this season I can't really see him as a possibility anymore.  But given Kurt Bohl's piss-poor reputation and performance I'm not surprised that he named him.

if CDC's quote about a guy doing it twice at 2 different places(P5) is correct then Franklin is about the only one that fits the list besides Urban that would seem available.  I am sure he along with Patterson, Mullen, would be in the top 5 for CDC.

but no matter...Xian called his shot.

14 minutes ago, Wax Beer Cup said:

Sarasota is a whole lot closer than Tampa unless Shelly likes driving over the Sunshine Skyway bridge. 

But Tampa has McDill Air Force Base, if we need him back in Austin, he can be here in an hour in an F-22 in supersonic super cruise without having to even use the afterburners. Long game.

CHIEF

18 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

Where does all of this "Urban won't do anything until the job is open" bullshit coming from?

Herman getting fired appears to be based on Urban's answer to the question "Do you like us? Check yes or no"

When Urban says, "I'm in, I'll take it" Herman will be fired in short order. I don't think the UT brass is keeping Herman around for anything other than waiting for a new coach to say yes.

But if you read the board, and the 9.95ers and twitter, everyone is reporting it as Urban is not reacting because the job isn't open.

This is correct. Herman wont get canned until Meyer makes a decision. If Meyer says yes before our game, Herman will get canned either Saturday afternoon or Sunday evening. If Meyer says yes after our game, Herman will get canned immediately. All of this was communicated to Meyer a while ago, it plays absolutely zero factor in Meyer's decision. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic