Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

15 minutes ago, 40acredropout said:

Just to play devil's advocate-  the plane was going to end up coming back to Austin, no matter what, no?  Didn't we establish this is where it's from?

Private jets don't leave the ground without paying customers. I have two buddies that fly private jets. The crew will come back commercial, if they are needed for another plane. It will sit there until a charter flight if it is part of a fleet. 

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Was posted in the recruiting thread, but 247 says a current commit is wavering and is trying to get in touch with Herman/staff and they've gone silent on the recruit.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Herman try to go scorched earth on his way out, ala Mack. Fortunately it won't make a shit if we have Urban.

1 minute ago, TXpride said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see Herman try to go scorched earth on his way out, ala Mack. Fortunately it won't make a shit if we have Urban.

Fuck it. Bring Ossai back. Ask him how he feels about being first off the board with some jewelry on his fingers.

Oh ya cmon with it Shelley you little minx

D6205D48-3498-4C72-93AB-242E286DFD20.thumb.png.247236f34a776566b48d66b1be554476.png

If you look at her original tweet, there were several tweets telling her not to come to Austin. The only one she replied to was his asking if they come in burnt orange. She ignored the others. It’s happening!
  • Hook 'Em 6

4 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

Private jets don't leave the ground without paying customers. I have two buddies that fly private jets. The crew will come back commercial, if they are needed for another plane. It will sit there until a charter flight if it is part of a fleet. 

CHIEF

But the jet is owned by someone and leased to the company right? If I need to fly out on my jet, it needs to be in the same city that I am. So theoretically, that jet needs to get back to home base at some point passengers or not.

23 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

This. Tell this piece of crap narcissist in the tunnel as he is ready to run on the field in Manhattan, KS. Just have  a process server hand him the note and take his binder out of his hands and replicate Belushi's smashing of the guitar in "Animal House" on it.

Herman is then handed a SWA voucher and an expired drink coupon, walked to a waiting Uber Pool ride and eventually taken to the Manhattan, KS regional airport only to find his flight has been cancelled. He takes a gypsy cab to find a hotel to spend the night, unfortunately they are all sold out so he ends up sleeping on a park bench by the veterans memorial only to be rousted by some overenthusiastic cops that tase and pistol whip him before throwing him in the drunk tank. They uncover a warrant from 2007 for unpaid parking tickets in Van Nuys and he is put into the system and eventually ends up in Chino as the bottom bitch for the alpha of cell block D.

or something like that.

Better, he gets a C36 boarding pass, and get a middle seat by the rear shitter, bookended by two 300 lb diabetics with a stomach virus. The pre-flight shit by fatty in the window seat causes the flight to be cancelled. Tom has to sleep in the lobby of the Manhattan/ Ft Riley airport, which is the size of my living room, and the snack machines are behind security. Tom wakes up sweating bullets with bubble guts, and the only bathroom is also behind security so he has to shit in the corner.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Wait. Has anyone been to Horseshoe Bay? Don't get me wrong, I love the place. My family has a ranch just outside HSB and I've been going there my whole life. And there's no hotel there you'd send a VIP. I'd buy that they are at some mega donor's ranch, but not a hotel. And that looks like every hotel. If you're impressing someone, that's not where you send them.

8 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

funny they try to hide him out at Horseshoe, but Shaggy gonna Shaggy.  (we don't need to know the room of course) But that aside, this is what makes Shaggy coaching search AWESOME!

Someone please remind me why we think UM is supposed to be in Marble Falls?  

6 minutes ago, vtaenz said:

But the jet is owned by someone and leased to the company right? If I need to fly out on my jet, it needs to be in the same city that I am. So theoretically, that jet needs to get back to home base at some point passengers or not.

If you have put your jet in a charter pool, you take another one, or if a donor wants he can pay the $25000ish and get his jet back to where he is (I assume), I just know that rarely happens. I know it never happened with Ken Starr, and he is a pretty high muckity-muck.

CHIEF

Edited by CHIEF

Wait. Has anyone been to Horseshoe Bay? Don't get me wrong, I love the place. My family has a ranch just outside HSB and I've been going there my whole life. And there's no hotel there you'd send a VIP. I'd buy that they are at some mega donor's ranch, but not a hotel. And that looks like every hotel. If you're impressing someone, that's not where you send them.

True but a lot of older monied folks do spend time there, small airport there, and there is plenty of room to hide. I bet this week the place was fairly empty. But I agree it’s not that impressive but it would and does work for the situation - needing some discretion, meeting places, etc. wouldn’t be the first time big time deals were done there.

2 minutes ago, troph said:

True but a lot of folks do spend time there, small airport there, and there is plenty of room to hide. I bet this week the place was fairly empty. But I agree it’s not that impressive but it would and does work for the situation - needing some discretion, meeting places, etc. wouldn’t be the first time big time deals were done there.

HSB is never quiet during hunting season. And there's no way we put UM up at the HSB Marriot.

1 minute ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Besides aggy and ousux, tOSU fans are some of my most hated. I'm going to be so happy if we can totally fuck them over.

Those buckee fans still complain about that game where VY & crew beat them at home in 2005 on the way to our last MNC (which they still dream about being "theirs"), and how all their drunk/angry fans assaulting Texas fans to and from that game could not change that game's outcome.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

If you have put your jet in a charter pool, you take another one, or if a donor wants he can pay the $25000ish and get his jet back to where he is (I assume), I just know that rarely happens. I know it never happened with Ken Starr, and he is a pretty high muckity-muck.

CHIEF

What you said is correct.  My BIL had a jet and he would send the pilots back commercial and leave the jet at the airport until he was ready to go home. 

HSB is never quiet during hunting season. And there's no way we put UM up at the HSB Marriot.

Yeah I don’t know about hunting season so I could be wrong. Would still think there’s places to be discrete there with the conference center.

But to go completely undetected there and no leaks? That seems hard.

4 minutes ago, troph said:

True but a lot of folks do spend time there, small airport there, and there is plenty of room to hide. I bet this week the place was fairly empty. But I agree it’s not that impressive but it would and does work for the situation - needing some discretion, meeting places, etc. wouldn’t be the first time big time deals were done there.

1. Away from downtown

2. “Look how pretty the Hill Country is”

3.  Golf at Escondido

10 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

Google Applehead Island. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic