Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

3 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

Don't we have to post a coaching vacancy publicly for a few days before the position can be officially announced? 

Kind of, but we announced Charlie was out and Herman was in at the same time last go around.

Edited by IDIOTsavant

2 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

It would be Friday so it dominates Saturday college football.

This would make the most sense for exposure.   Not sure announcing on a Sunday during NFL games would really make much sense.  If Urban has agreed they should fire Herman tomorrow, let Yurich/Ash be interim for the KSU game and have the big press conference on Friday that way all of Saturdays games and college football shows would be talking about the Texas Longhorns.  Now I am excited.  I think I will go twist one off and check this thread in the morning.  

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Bevo14 said:

Yeah no. CS and I are winning this bitch until Brownsville gets contaminated with aggy

Since aggy has begun the degree churn mill, everywhere will be contaminated with them.  aggy degrees will be like phonebooks once upon a time. 

36 minutes ago, Queen Bitch said:

A truly underrated soothsayer these past few days. I see you, and I thank you.

Yep. Believed Mr. Orange all along. I've seen the posers enough to be pretty confident he wasn't one. Well done Mr. O!

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Ha. Dude, I am from the north side of Pasadena. That means I grew up on the ship channel, in the chemical smoke, and everyone was poor as fuck and everything stank and was more or less miserable. There might be worse places in Texas, maybe, but Bastrop ain’t one of them. Sorry for your losses with the wood though. 

I spent most of March-June, then August, in Galveston. If you’re not there for the beach because you’re not a poor from greater Houston or Oklahoma down visiting, the rest of what Galveston offers for folks who live there is terrific. I haven’t been down in a few weeks and miss it immediately. 

Galveston is great all around.  The beach down towards San Luis Pass is actually pretty deserted and can get fairly clear water.  Port A is better Beach wise but it's ridiculously crowded these days.

16 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Ha. Dude, I am from the north side of Pasadena. That means I grew up on the ship channel, in the chemical smoke, and everyone was poor as fuck and everything stank and was more or less miserable.

LOL at escaping the Southmore favela.  You had it made with a Weinerschnitzel, Casa Ole, and X-rated drive-in.

According to my SIL, Urban's arrival at Horseshoe Bay has been a topic of discussion among the "gossipy old men" out there since last week. I didn't press too hard since I don't think it really matters. We're much further down the rabbit hole at this point.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CenTex Hill Billy said:

I live personally live in Austin but I noticed the brewery scene is starting to be a thing in marble falls with some restaurants that opened up pre covid. The dream is to get a couple hundred off the pedernales and fully embrace my life purpose of hilly billying

Bear King is awesome. All I got for this thread. 

2 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

Galveston is great all around.  The beach down towards San Luis Pass is actually pretty deserted and can get fairly clear water.  Port A is better Beach wise but it's ridiculously crowded these days.

Port A is basically the new Padre Island. They're probably a year away from getting a schlitterbahn or boardwalk theme park

3 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:

Next time get the Honey BBQ Chicken Strip Sandwich, but substitute Honey Butter for the BBQ sauce. It's phenomenal.

I’ve had it. I’ve also had them put ketchup on it instead of bbq and it was also awesome. They don’t miss

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

This would make the most sense for exposure.   Not sure announcing on a Sunday during NFL games would really make much sense.  If Urban has agreed they should fire Herman tomorrow, let Yurich/Ash be interim for the KSU game and have the big press conference on Friday that way all of Saturdays games and college football shows would be talking about the Texas Longhorns.  Now I am excited.  I think I will go twist one off and check this thread in the morning.  

Plus it allows for Herman to pack his shit and exodus Thursday.  Take your time Herman, but you've got 24 hours to get you and your sledgehammer off the premises.   Don't let Smokie hit you on the ass on the way out.    

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, TexasRenegade said:

I own a beach house in Pointe San Luis. Wide, clean, deserted (mostly), no cars allowed beach. Surly better not screw that up. 

According to my SIL, Urban's arrival at Horseshoe Bay has been a topic of discussion among the "gossipy old men" out there since last week. I didn't press too hard since I don't think it really matters. We're much further down the rabbit hole at this point.

You’ve been holding out on us mofo
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

My family has a house down in Pirates beach and we love the hell out of it. Big RIP to cafe Michael Burger though

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic