Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

If you put aside all of the drapery and flight aware forensics and the anonymous online insiders with "sources", and just read Burton's morning updates, you have to feel pretty good about where things stand. We all like to make fun of his old man ways, but he's clearly the most dialed in reporter to UT brass and the least likely to drive clicks or post anything outside of UT's best interest.  We know from his posts that UT met with Meyer two days ago, and this morning he posted that "both parties know what the other wants and will provide."  If it were a real no, Meyer would absolutely leak it to a legit reporter ahead of the Big Noon show on Saturday.  And even if it is a firm yes, guys like Burton aren't going to report that until after Herman has been fired. 

We'll know one way or the other on Sunday night.   

34 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Lulz. Actual lulz at some of the cities/towns being listed here. It’s obvious many of y’all have never been to Port Arthur. The entire downtown is abandoned and crumbling buildings. I know a Motiva bought a couple to fix up, but not sure if that was shelved. But the Sabine and the rest of downtown is a dump. You can either buy a house next to a refinery, next to the “mall” or if you are real fucking fancy, you buy in Nederland. Fucking Nederland.

PA gave the world Jimmy Johnson, Janis Joplin, UGK, and Jamaal Charles. Very strong list. It gets a pass on that basis, IMO.

• Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, rungeflash said:

Damn.....I went to sleep last night really feeling it, swingn n sway'n to that surly kick drum beat....now it's morning and it's fading. Reached for what I thought was the pillows and I think I grabbed turtles butt cheeks instead....fuckers still here! 

lol this reads like the kid's book Animals Aboard.

1 minute ago, BradInATX said:

Meth and towns near fishing camps sort of go hand in hand I think. The gas stations and little spot towns on the way to my uncle's fishing camp down past Bayou Lafourche in Louisiana are like meth Iraq. First time I went through there as a kid that grew up in white bread burbs of Austin, that was a culture shock. I didn't even know stuff like that existed. Literal lean-tos and barefoot strung out skeletons walking around.

But my uncle also had a killer stack of 80s playboys so as a teenager I loved that place.

Grand Isle? Love fishing down there.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

My advice to all of you is to read Irish's post a ways up, and to focus real hard on talking about towns, beaches, bourbons, burgers and whatever today's delightful topic of distraction soon to be ordained.

That being said, I know my audience so it's immediately going to be disregarded, but we're chasing a bunch of guys capitalizing on clicks. I don't think anyone knows shut yet, not us, and definitely not those OSU morons being pasted into this thread.

My gut still says at best we're at 50/50. And as other's have pointed out, timing, and sorting out details and all that other shit matters. That being said I still feel slightly more confident than yesterday that Meyer seems to have decided he can coach again. Now, does he get his guys, his demands, etc? We'll see. But if he got over that psychological hump, even barely, I'd hope the positive momentum in his brain picks up speed in our favor. 

9 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Ya, I don't like being the one to pour cold water on the enthusiasm, especially since several weeks ago I said Urban was/is in play (which he was/is). The problem is that the latest intel hasn't been good on the hire Urban front. I'm searching for some sign of a positive change since Saturday.  For example, if he were in Horseshoe Bay sometime between Sunday to Wednesday, then it would be a very good sign. I've discounted the 9.95'rs because they could either be fed bs or making up bs, just like during the Saban flirtation.

You two pussies need to pull yourselves together. 

4 minutes ago, NoName said:

Mind sharing the names of some places down there yall recommend?

There’s a solid thread on CR on the travel board. We usually travel with 4 little kids internationally. We spend the money, but you’re going to get better adult recs from others as we’re not trying to trailblaze in the jungle with babies. We usually stay just outside of Tamarindo and do all of the touristy things - zip lines, chartered deep sea, horseback to the volcano and waterfalls, snorkeling, etc. I said every year, but we often alternate between CR and Grand Cayman. The difference is night and day and GC is probably a full magnitude more expensive, so I’ll keep it CR to be simple.

We did Destin once like 8 years ago and I don’t see a point in going back given the alternatives. Regardless, we have a house in Galveston and we get on a plane and go elsewhere if we want to sit on a beach. So whether CR, GC or Florabama, folks here have the right idea from that perspective. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DaggerHorns said:

Summary for those of you that don’t want to go back:

1) The McRib is fucking disgusting

2) the sun rises in the east

4) Florida beaches are better than Texas beaches

5) Fuck Killeen

6) CUM is not a term to use for searching Urban Meyer news

7) Ford is better

Carry on...

8 - yours is in the top 5 avatars on this site.  Kelly Kapowski still brings a chub many years later.  

Edited by MIkeHoncho
numbers.

Just now, closetojumping said:

You two pussies need to pull yourselves together. 

There’s a solid thread on CR on the travel board. We usually travel with 4 little kids internationally. We spend the money, but you’re going to get better adult recs from others as we’re not trying to trailblaze in the jungle with babies. We usually stay just outside of Tamarindo and do all of the touristy things - zip lines, chartered deep sea, horseback to the volcano and waterfalls, snorkeling, etc. I said every year, but we often alternate between CR and Grand Cayman. The difference is night and day and GC is probably a full magnitude more expensive, so I’ll keep it CR to be simple.

We did Destin once like 8 years ago and I don’t see a point in going back given the alternatives. Regardless, we have a house in Galveston and we get on a plane and go elsewhere if we want to sit on a beach. So whether CR, GC or Florabama, folks here have the right idea from that perspective. 

appreciate it - will look the thread up now!

2 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

What is all this talk of Urban not being a lock? We decided last night that he shot a 65 at Horseshoe yesterday then signed a contract in the swim up bar over some cold Fireman's 4s. He should probably be out on the recruiting trail right about now.

its the morning, that's the ebb and flow.  sobriety does that to a person.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Instead - Texas said 'yes' to the 12 million a year, and the 3yr contracts for assistants, and the 3 new practice fields, and the total autonomy over all things football - and they bought him the tennis bracelet - so now Urban has everything he wants and he just needs to decide if its really what he wants to do.

creek.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

Anyway....why doesn't Whataburger sell hot dogs?  It seems like they should.

My preference for dogs is mustard, chili, cheese, and onions.  Though the Chicago style dog is a close second.  I am a fan of the tomatoes and pickle on it.  All that said i'm not a fan of relish and lastly mayo on a dog is blasphemy.

2 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Corsicana TX sure seems like a terrible place and I would only drive through it on my way to Tyler a couple of times a month three years ago. Everyone in their cars had a look on their face as if they were in the most miserable place on earth.

My area of expertise is East Texas, and it is veritable cornucopia of shit holes like Corsicana. Kilgore in particular is absolutely brutal. Can't believe it hasn't been mentioned yet.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

Anyway....why doesn't Whataburger sell hot dogs?  It seems like they should.

My preference for dogs is mustard, chili, cheese, and onions.  Though the Chicago style dog is a close second.  I am a fan of the tomatoes and pickle on it.  All that said i'm not a fan of relish and lastly mayo on a dog is blasphemy.

I choked on a 7-11 hotdog back in highschool.  Starving, was eating it by the drink coolers in the back and fucking chunk of meat went down the wrong pipe.  shoulda died.  panicked breathed in deeply, fucker lodged in there.  Coughed and spew, projectile hot dog on the floor.  scary as shit.  It was a mustard only hotdog though.  at least I got that right.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Corsicana TX sure seems like a terrible place and I would only drive through it on my way to Tyler a couple of times a month three years ago. Everyone in their cars had a look on their face as if they were in the most miserable place on earth.

Yep, it's bad.

2 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

My area of expertise is East Texas, and it is veritable cornucopia of shit holes like Corsicana. Kilgore in particular is absolutely brutal. Can't believe it hasn't been mentioned yet.  

Jacksonville

my god that town

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, troph said:

I choked on a 7-11 hotdog back in highschool.  Starving, was eating it by the drink coolers in the back and fucking chunk of meat went down the wrong pipe.  shoulda died.  panicked breathed in deeply, fucker lodged in there.  Coughed and spew, projectile hot dog on the floor.  scary as shit.  It was a mustard only hotdog though.  at least I got that right.

oh my george takai GIF

• Hook 'Em 2

The rangerettes are good and slutty.

Kilgore is bad, but it is at least small

Odessa is also bad and 8x larger

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic