Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

For context, the first time I went to a strip club in Abilene, one of the 4 dancers out there that night had a prosthetic leg and a baby bump. We ranked her 3 out of 4. 

Where did the baby rank?

Well for a Palace of Degenerates, we sure have driven a lot of Eyes to Surly. So clearly we are good at recruiting? As a chick, I enjoy this board so much. This coaching search is the best. And it would not be that way anywhere else. Y’all make it great. Fuck Mayo. And aioli. That’s just fancy Mayo. Y’all are awesome. I love you all. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

East TX to me is about the trees and rapid increase in rednecks.  I don't know the exact formula but you know when you enter it. 

On Hwy 79, the point of demarcation is Jack Corn Road between Easterly and Ridge, TX.  And you're right.  You just feel it.   

27 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

e81ba89d5ce365fedb392f93b5a6c0eb.gif

We talking hot dogs in this thread now also? All beef, onions, mustard and relish. I yell at my kid if he puts ketchup on a hot dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To bring this derail full circle, my wife puts mayo on her hot dog. It's the single most disgusting food-related thing I've ever seen in my life and I once watched a toothless woman gum down a miracle whip sandwich on wonder bread.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It’s not theater. The people tracking this accurately are some of the most pessimistic fuckheads around. Truth is, actual journalism should make skeptics of anyone in the profession. My view is that, absurdly, most of the real journalism being done these days is tucked neatly into the sports realm. 

I had a friend reel off like 10 reasons why not last night and he wants/needs it to happen as bad as anyone. If he’d written Nahlin’s article, this board would be devolving into some sort of serious version of the gang fight in Anchorman. 

If I wasn't so anxious to see Texas stop sucking in real life I might have to root for this scenario as a real life gang fight in anchorman, made up of Surly-ites would be the greatest thing ever.   I'm now, and always will be, team Derka.  Will throw a trident for that guy any day of the week and twice on Sunday.  

But, I'd rather us not continue our quest to be Spike Dykes era Tech, but with less fun here in Austin.  But that's a close thing as I fantasize about gutting Aqua Buddha with a trident, while seeing Johnny Sack attempt to curb stomp Hugo while Bad Teammate engages in angry masterbation in the corner, all while Brisket cackles like Slim Pickens about the end of the world being nigh.  B/c that would be fun too.  But probably that fun wouldn't last as long as the Urban Meyer era.  Probably.  

• Haha 2

As of this morning I feel confident that (1) Texas has done everything it can to get Meyer on board, and (2) he hasn’t shot us down yet, which he absolutely would have done by now if there was no interest on his part, and/or the health concerns make it an impossibility. 

But with all due respect to Larry, Squid, and all the forensic sleuths here whose work I have enjoyed, it’s not a done deal, and I’ll believe it when I see it. In reality when these things are actually done, they don’t stay quiet. The reporting of his demands/terms, if true, would seem to indicate things have gotten beyond mere feelers gauging mutual interest, and a BOR emissary going to see him in Columbus is definitely encouraging. 

Offer Marotti $1 mill a year and Pantoni $500k a year!!! On a different note why is Sarkisian a joke in that article above? After spending time with Saban he had to of learned some things about how to run good program and his offenses are always top notch. He would have to be a better candidate than Campbell or Fickell no?

27 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Apparently, Texas is chock full of shitty towns.  Let's talk about cool towns; better mojo.   

It's hard to beat Gruene, TX on a beautiful spring evening.  One of the best nights of my life was at a Jerry Jeff concert in Gruene Hall on just such an evening.  

I'm jaded living in Colorado but I'll throw a shout out to Aledo. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I don't think Nahlin is nearly plugged into the AD as Burton, but he does take his reputation seriously and the last thing he wants is to publish "it's done" and it end up not working out.  I'm guessing the positive reception to the "big push" yesterday was what brought about some of the messageboard insiders to come out with their "it's done" posts, but the reality is that there is still not a definite agreement.

17 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

My wife has some land near Toledo Bend that we hunt sometimes.  Those towns -- Hemphill, San Augustine, Pineland, Bronson -- make Bastrop look like the French Riviera.

But there's the museum in Hemphill that's the old jail with the gallows tower, and the old hanging rope! That and (at least 20 years ago) a drugstore where you could get a hot meal. What's not to love? I met a 90 year old lady who was the docent of that museum who had come to Sabine County as a child in a wagon. She said they grew up thinking everyone in the world must run fever in the spring when the mosquitos come out. But the forest is nice there. And the river.

A friend from Nacogdoches told me a town south of there was "one of those places where you roll your windows up when you drive through, or they'll suck your brains out." Can't recall the name of the place, but it was down around the Big Thicket. That truly is the land that time forgot. 

1 minute ago, WinningIsHard said:

Offer Marotti $1 mill a year and Pantoni $500k a year!!! On a different note why is Sarkisian a joke in that article above? After spending time with Saban he had to of learned some things about how to run good program and his offenses are always top notch. He would have to be a better candidate than Campbell or Fickell no?

tenor.gif?itemid=15003553

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Our current alcoholic coach hasn't worked out so well.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gut Wagon said:

A friend from Nacogdoches told me a town south of there was "one of those places where you roll your windows up when you drive through, or they'll suck your brains out." Can't recall the name of the place, but it was down around the Big Thicket. That truly is the land that time forgot. 

Timpson, Tenaha or Cushing?

2 hours ago, nnm said:

East?  Try West or South or North Texas. It’s like the Killeen poster has never seen Seminole, Corpus, or Wichita Falls. 

I’ve been everywhere, man. Been to all three towns you mentioned. While all of them are certifiably awful, there is absolutely nothing redeeming about Killeen. Murder rate is one of the highest in the state, per capita. Corpus is getting really bad, though. 

5 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

To bring this derail full circle, my wife puts mayo on her hot dog. It's the single most disgusting food-related thing I've ever seen in my life and I once watched a toothless woman gum down a miracle whip sandwich on wonder bread.

Y'all must not have had hotdogs when you were dating as that might have been a deal breaker. That's gross.

2 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

On a different note why is Sarkisian a joke in that article above? After spending time with Saban he had to of learned some things about how to run good program and his offenses are always top notch. He would have to be a better candidate than Campbell or Fickell no?

Has to be. I mean how could a guy with an alcohol addiction who's been an abject failure at both P5 HC positions he's held possibly be worse than guys who've actually had success as head coaches?  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HillaryFan420 said:

I don't think Nahlin is nearly plugged into the AD as Burton, but he does take his reputation seriously and the last thing he wants is to publish "it's done" and it end up not working out.  I'm guessing the positive reception to the "big push" yesterday was what brought about some of the messageboard insiders to come out with their "it's done" posts, but the reality is that there is still not a definite agreement.

yeah when he makes shit up for clicks he is at least smart enough to make it about smaller things

4 minutes ago, HillaryFan420 said:

I think it’s just as likely that they want to pour some cold water on the story so they can control it through the end of the ksu game. I think Burton has marching orders on how to spin the situation. 

4 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Not sure if serious but it's a well known fact that he is a full blown alcoholic and not really all that functional.  Think of the NBA and how all the players love the script clubs. Then, think about how they all talk in amazement at how much James Harden loves the Script clubs.  That's Sark with Alcohol.

Or put another way- when Rumlin was bumbling around College Station many people called him "Dark Sark" which will never not be funny to me.  But yeah, he's a well known lush that makes Vodka Tom blush.  

Just now, Burt Macklin said:

Has to be. I mean how could a guy with an alcohol addiction who's been an abject failure at both P5 HC positions he's held possibly be worse than guys who've actually had success as head coaches?  

Strong and Herman both had success so I was leaning towards the whole lets not try that shit again premise. It's possible that some people learn from their dumb shit and improve right? Or do we think that Saban lets him drink on the team bus before the game? 

1 minute ago, WinningIsHard said:

Strong and Herman both had success so I was leaning towards the whole lets not try that shit again premise. It's possible that some people learn from their dumb shit and improve right? Or do we think that Saban lets him drink on the team bus before the game? 

Is Saban coming with him?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

He's a joke as he barely over .500 in conference in the seasons that he didn't have a losing conference record, was fired in his second season from USC (similar pressure bubble to Texas) after posting a 1-2 record in conference and having off field issues. He is OC at 5 star University (Bama) where he tends to have a complete talent advantage and gets to play 3 Div 2 patsies every season to puff up stats. If Texas hires Sarkisian that is an epic fail.

• Hook 'Em 2

Sarkisian showed up shithammered at booster events when he was at USC.  He showed up drunk to a position group meeting in the freaking morning and there are even stories that he was drunk during a game on at least one occasion.

Edited by kevwun
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic