Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

5 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

ketch coming in hot with some new info 

Hide contents

I wanted to pass along a couple of notes this morning, while we all stalk (stock!) flights from Columbus to East Texas to Austin and beyond.

* I spoke with a source on the Ohio State side of things late last night (and will continue those conversations today). This source claims that in talking to people with knowledge of Urban Meyer's family that they personally do not want to see him get back into coaching.

"I am pretty confident in the family wanting him out of that role and being a grandfather, father, husband and not in constant head pain," the source told me via DM.

* There's a general sense in Columbus that Meyer is quite happy in his current role and enjoys not having to deal with the constant stress of coaching.

* That being said, this Ohio State contact believes that the decision ultimately will come down to what Urban desires.

"It's his choice, obviously," the source said. "Meyer is a wildcard and nobody can be sure."

I'm supposed to check in with this source again a little later, but I wanted to pass along this Intel, while also stressing that this particular source is someone that hasn't been paying minute by minute attention to everything that has been going on. It's just his vibe as someone that has been around Meyer for about a decade and had checked in with his sources as recent as yesterday.

This is just one view of this situation from Columbus-tinted glasses.I figured I would pass it along before we all get distracted by whatever comes next.

Don't read this as a negative report as much as it properly sets the backdrop of the decision that Meyer is trying to make and the emotions/feelings involved in getting there.

WTF, no kidding it's up to him...9.95 please.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Reveal hidden contents

I wanted to pass along a couple of notes this morning, while we all stalk (stock!) flights from Columbus to East Texas to Austin and beyond.

* I spoke with a source on the Ohio State side of things late last night (and will continue those conversations today). This source claims that in talking to people with knowledge of Urban Meyer's family that they personally do not want to see him get back into coaching.

"I am pretty confident in the family wanting him out of that role and being a grandfather, father, husband and not in constant head pain," the source told me via DM.

* There's a general sense in Columbus that Meyer is quite happy in his current role and enjoys not having to deal with the constant stress of coaching.

* That being said, this Ohio State contact believes that the decision ultimately will come down to what Urban desires.

"It's his choice, obviously," the source said. "Meyer is a wildcard and nobody can be sure."

I'm supposed to check in with this source again a little later, but I wanted to pass along this Intel, while also stressing that this particular source is someone that hasn't been paying minute by minute attention to everything that has been going on. It's just his vibe as someone that has been around Meyer for about a decade and had checked in with his sources as recent as yesterday.

This is just one view of this situation from Columbus-tinted glasses.I figured I would pass it along before we all get distracted by whatever comes next.

Don't read this as a negative report as much as it properly sets the backdrop of the decision that Meyer is trying to make and the emotions/feelings involved in getting there.

Miss Lippy's Car is Green - Billy Madison Janitor" Art Print by Cuttintees  | Redbubble

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, HillaryFan420 said:

How much drinking do you consider to be the threshold for "having a problem"?  Being home all the time this past year I started having 1-2 drinks a day and that felt like too much and had to back off.  Maybe we should have a poll.

You want a poll on what is exactly alcoholism? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Reveal hidden contents

Holy shit. It is very apparent he has 0 sources. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I’ll say this about the drapes in the room in the Marriott at HSB, but the same drapes are in the rooms in the Marriott in Odessa too. All those hotels of a certain vintage have the same color patterns. Like they were stamped from the same mold. 

Don’t mean to be a Debbie Downer, but that could be any Marriott in the country. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CycleTex87 said:

I’ll say this about the drapes in the room in the Marriott at HSB, but the same drapes are in the rooms in the Marriott in Odessa too. All those hotels of a certain vintage have the same color patterns. Like they were stamped from the same mold. 

Don’t mean to be a Debbie Downer, but that could be any Marriott in the country. 

Archer Krieger Smoke Bomb GIF - ArcherKrieger SmokeBomb GetAway - Discover  & Share GIFs

URBAN.jpg

So CUM?

4 hours ago, BradInATX said:

Texas beaches are full of Texans.

Pensacola and Destin are full of Bammers and SEC trash.

Advantage Galveston.

Yes, I live in Galveston the beaches are friendly

2 hours ago, alphahorn said:

In addition to his MS Paint prowess, Thujone is also a prophet.  His avatar has been predicting Urban to Texas well before Futureman promised to shove his fist up his ass should it happen. When the universe is crying out this loudly, you must listen.  Urban Meyer will be the next coach at Texas.  Futureman prepare your anus!

tujone.png

greatness

2 hours ago, GRHorn said:

Any time I think of Texas shitholes I also think of this. Good entry. 
16-A7-B890-0399-482-B-9057-7-D977-B4-BC6

Eagle Pass and Piedras Negras ain't too bad, not much to do but Piedras Negras is pretty fun and relatively safe border town.

Just now, Todd Gack said:

Hopefully one of Meyer's demands is dismantling of LHN.  Or at least the bullshit coach shows with Galindo.  Not having to deal with that guy has to be a selling point.

Shit, LHN might finally be worthwhile with Urban as our coach. 

• Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, victory88 said:

We literally found the hotel he was staying at.  What other hotel has the same curtains?  Is it a coincidence that hotel happens to be at horse shoe bay?  That's a lot of coincidences.  All the hedging is because they want to keep this as quiet as possible since they have not fired Herman yet.  Yesterday they reported that the board members met with him and later Ketch comes out and says that's not true... because he fucked up by actually reporting names.  There are reports that he is reaching out to coaches to try and put together a potential staff.  You don't call people unless you're actually taking a job.  What is he going to say "Hey man, I may or may not take a job.  Are you in?".  No actual coach will commit unless Urban is committed to taking the job.

I'm guessing they will let Herman coach the last game.  CDC has always said they will evaluate coaches performances after the season.  Kansas game is not happening.  I don't think anyone including the players care to play that game.  They will fire Herman after KSU, announce Meyer on Sunday and probably have a press conference on Monday.  

Or we could all be way off base.  He may be waiting to publicly say no to us on national media on Fox on Saturday.  Who knows!

Wrong.gif. No one here never found the hotel he was staying at, the guy has been in Napa california all week drinking wine and playing golf. It has been confirmed by IT this morning. It was a fun exercise, but not accurate. So, yeah, no coincidences. And you call people to see what your position is you'd be working with. Any executive might gauge who's going with him if he made a big move, and who's staying. So I'm going with way off base.

3 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

See above. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Todd Gack said:

Hopefully one of Meyer's demands is dismantling of LHN.  Or at least the bullshit coach shows with Galindo.  Not having to deal with that guy has to be a selling point.

I don't understand LHN really, it should just be all the Texas sports that don't get to be put on TV broadcast for everyone's family to watch. Mix in some classic games and maybe a weekly hour long show with updates on all things Texas sports.

It never should've tried to become some big enterprise. 

Here is a recap of how it went down at Ohio State in 2011

• ESPN.com news services
  •  

Former Florida coach Urban Meyer has taken the head coaching job at Ohio State, sources confirmed to ESPN on Monday.

Ohio State will hold a news conference at 5:15 p.m. ET at the Fawcett Center to introduce its new coach. It did not mention Meyer, a native of Ashtabula, Ohio.

Meyer, who led the Gators to two national championships before stepping down to spend more time with his family amid ongoing reports of health concerns, had worked as a game analyst this season for ESPN. But he asked to be taken off his assignments for the network this weekend as reports swirled of his imminent hire by Ohio State, a program with a glittering past that has suffered through a difficult year of NCAA violations, suspensions and a 6-6 record.

Columbus will be the fourth stop in the 47-year-old Meyer's coaching career. He had a 104-23 record over 10 seasons with Bowling Green, Utah and Florida. From 2001-10, he had five 10-win seasons, the two BCS titles with the Gators and a 7-1 record in bowl games -- including the Gators' 41-14 victory over unbeaten and top-ranked Ohio State in the 2007 title game.

Sources told WKMG-TV in Orlando last week that Meyer will receive a seven-year, $40 million contract.

Ohio State athletic director Gene Smith and other university officials did not respond to requests for comment.

A team meeting set for Sunday night was moved to Monday afternoon before the news conference to allow Meyer to meet his players.

So Sunday/Monday would add up as well as a seven year number. Lets see if things change with his Fox obligations between today and tomorrow evening.

Edited by BurntOrange&White

3 hours ago, NoName said:

can someone tell me WHY we are waiting until after KState? At this point whats the issue with rolling with an interim for literally 1 game?

If you believe the 9.95ers like IT, a final decision has yet to be made by Urban. We're within the 48-hour window for the K-State game. I would guess both Urban and UT officials realize there's no real advantage to blowing up what could be the final game for many of our players this close to kickoff. It only benefits us, the fans following this, and maybe gives Urban a few extra hours to start recruiting. Truth be told, if he's really accepted the job there's a good chance he's knee deep on the recruiting front but just not actively calling yet.

• Hook 'Em 1

I will say, one of my my favorite things is when Ketchum comes up with news after his competitors directly contradicting those guys who inevitably have sources. I mean, I guess it's his only fucking play, but it amuses the fuck out of me every single motherfucking time. 

Also, take note how he's sourcing his info from fucking  Ohio State people. Because he doesn't have fucking anyone at Texas. No one. "Oh, did Burton and Nahlin saying health seems like it's ok, and his daughters and potentially wife are on board with it? Better eat these here 4-5 chicken wings real fast, tell everyone his family is against it, then wipe my ass with peanut butter, let in the dog, and spread my cheeks."  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Dilligas said:

Since the burger topic has reappeared has anyone mentioned Snuffers? Always enjoyed them. Or it was the loaded cheddar fries maybe

Idk but I’ve been waiting for the revival. The only positive from my 7 hellish months I lived in Houston was my discovery of Bubba’s Texas Burger Shack. Best I’ve had by a long shot. Wholly Cow is my favorite in Austin, but I’ve got a few places added to the list now. Thank you gentlemen

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

If you believe the 9.95ers like IT, a final decision has yet to be made by Urban. We're within the 48-hour window for the K-State game. I would guess both Urban and UT officials realize there's no real advantage to blowing up what could be the final game for many of our players this close to kickoff. It only benefits us, the fans following this, and maybe gives Urban a few extra hours to start recruiting. Truth be told, if he's really accepted the job there's a good chance he's knee deep on the recruiting front but just not actively calling yet.

Also because K-State was technically our "last game" of the year until the Kansas postponement.

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I will say, one of my my favorite things is when Ketchum comes up with news after his competitors directly contradicting those guys who inevitably have sources. I mean, I guess it's his only fucking play, but it amuses the fuck out of me every single motherfucking time. 

Also, take note how he's sourcing his info from fucking  Ohio State people. Because he doesn't have fucking anyone at Texas. No one. "Oh, did Burton and Nahlin saying health seems like it's ok, and his daughters and potentially wife are on board with it? Better eat these here 4-5 chicken wings real fast, tell everyone his family is against it, then wipe my ass with peanut butter, let in the dog, and spread my cheeks."  

So you're saying we can get Mangino as OC if we up the peanut butter budget and throw in a dog as part of the offer?

14 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

you-are-literally-harshing-my-buzz.jpg

3 hours ago, Landomatic said:

I’m tellin ya...herman fired by end of day Sat...urban announced by end of day Sun.

And something we all need to keep in mind, Urban doesn’t necessarily need time to recruit before ESD.  He just needs to be announced far enough in advance to make some of the early signers not commit to wherever they were thinking.  In other words, he doesn’t need enough time to flip them, he just needs enough time to “uncommit” them.  And the mere announcement of him to Texas alone will do that for several of them.  Then he’ll have time until Feb to actually get them.

So there’s really not the urgency that some here are making it out to be.

Correct. The only adjustment I'd make to your timeline is I bet we'd get an announcement that Urban is the new coach by the end of the day Saturday, early Sunday with a Monday PC to introduce him to the media. If it's done, I have a feeling we will be bursting to get the official news out. Then it gets good run on the Sunday NFL pregame shows.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic