Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

Just now, TexasRenegade said:

If we go this way...................

I would say we do what we did in 1956 when we were turned down by our early candidates and ended up with Royal....Ask Urban who he would hire.  It got us Royal closing in on 64 years to the day......

"I got this guy. Coordinated my offense some years back..."

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

as long as we don't wait for a potential Kansas game.  The original end of the season was supposed to be the 5th so I think we use that and Ash is interim HC if Kansas happens.

At least Herman can't be killing himself in Florida recruiting.

JMO, although Urban can't stand Herman, I don't think he wants a co-term, ie he's the coach in waiting, they allow Herm to coach against Kansas.  He doesn't want to answer questions about that.

I know we aren’t talking sandwiches but I really like Hoody’s subs. Probably one of the best places to get them. They have never put any renegade Mayo on mine either. So I never had to chuck my sandwich in the trash. That makes me happy.

Lots of shitty places to live and visit in Texas, the curtains may not mean jack shit, Urban is good at subterfuge, CDC is now playing 4D chess, the 9.95’ers don’t know a hell of a lot, we might actually know more at this point and Mayo still sucks. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

I know we aren’t talking sandwiches but I really like Hoody’s subs. Probably one of the best places to get them. They have never put any renegade Mayo on mine either. So I never had to chuck my sandwich in the trash. That makes me happy.

Lots of shitty places to live and visit in Texas, the curtains may not mean jack shit, Urban is good at subterfuge, CDC is now playing 4D chess, the 9.95’ers don’t know a hell of a lot, we might actually know more at this point and Mayo still sucks. 

You forgot fisting

16 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Probably so. The more I've thought about it, the more I lean toward the official news getting out that he's the coach (assuming this deal gets consummated) on Saturday night or early Sunday morning with the introductory PC on Monday.

My memory may be off, but wasn't Hermie's press conference on a Sunday?  

2 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

JMO, although Urban can't stand Herman, I don't think he wants a co-term, ie he's the coach in waiting, they allow Herm to coach against Kansas.  He doesn't want to answer questions about that.

No way Herman coaches a Kansas game -- if there is one -- if Urban is going to be the next coach. First off, it won't take that long. The Urban thing is coming to a head this weekend in some way. Either he takes the job or he passes. It won't drag out. If he takes the job, and Kansas goes on as scheduled, it will be Ash-Yurcich-Drayton as interim HC after Herman is officially let go this weekend following the K-State game.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I've accepted that if the Meyer hire doesn't happen that Cristobal is probably the best of a bad group of alternatives.  No (realistic) NFL options are particularly exciting.  Cristobal has a significant amount of HC experience - and some success at Oregon.  He'll recruit/cheat his ass off and you know we'll have a good OL (which can win you a lot of games).

To me this is the least desirable guy of the bunch.  I don't get why people are so high on this guy. His record was terrible at FIU. Did anyone notice what Urban did with Bowling Green. At Oregon he has had one good year but in the last two years he has lost to teams of lesser talent. Does that sound familiar? I hope CDC keep us away from Cristobal at all cost if we don't get Meyer.

Edited by DanTheHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4

9 minutes ago, Wax Beer Cup said:

My memory may be off, but wasn't Hermie's press conference on a Sunday?  

IIRC Charlie was officially fired on Saturday morning after the Friday TCU loss and TH was announced later in the day. Best I can remember, yeah, the PC was on Sunday, but I've slept since then, so...

Edited by wood

Summary for those of you that don’t want to go back:
1) The McRib is fucking disgusting
2) the sun rises in the east
4) Florida beaches are better than Texas beaches
5) Fuck Killeen
6) CUM is not a term to use for searching Urban Meyer news
7) Ford is better
Carry on...

Pleas include In your next updates:
1) Fisting,
2) Burgers,
3) Bourbon,
4) Kendra Scott
5) Beaches
/s

1 minute ago, DanTheHorn said:

To me this is the least desirable guy of the bunch.  I don't get why people are so high on this guy. His record was terrible at FIU. Did anyone notice what Urban did with Bowling Green. At Oregon he has had one good year but in the last two years he has lost to teams of lesser talent. Does that sound familiar? I hope CDC keep us away from Cristobal at all cost.

Yeah I don't get the love for Cristobal at all. The guy has a sub-.500 winning percentage and it's becoming pretty apparent that he misused Justin Herbert, a guy who is looking like a future elite NFL QB.

Matt Campbell all day, if it's not Urban. Proven, in-conference, consistent upward trajectory, no gimmicks, no alcoholism, no bullshit. Just a good coach. 

But f that noise, let's just get Urbs.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

No way Herman coaches a Kansas game -- if there is one -- if Urban is going to be the next coach. First off, it won't take that long. The Urban thing is coming to a head this weekend in some way. Either he takes the job or he passes. It won't drag out. If he takes the job, and Kansas goes on as scheduled, it will be Ash-Yurcich-Drayton as interim HC after Herman is officially let go this weekend following the K-State game.

Surely...

Quote I Am Serious GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

1 minute ago, DanTheHorn said:

To me this is the least desirable guy of the bunch.  I don't get why people are so high on this guy. His record was terrible at FIU. Did anyone notice what Urban did with Bowling Green. At Oregon he has had one good year but in the last two years he has lost to teams of lesser talent. Does that sound familiar? I hope CDC keep us away from Cristobal at all cost.

Congratulations - you've just described every coaching option we have left.  Cristobal has experience at a big time program.  Has significant head coaching experience.  Is a damn good OL coach.  And can recruit like a son of a bitch.

I don't want him either - but I 'don't want' him less than I 'don't want' the others.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Read on IT that his source is Deloss Dodds.

I'm curious why Deloss would know. For someone who tries to keep a tight ship, he would be one of the last people to tell. I guess some BMDs still keep up with him and pal around with him, though.

3 minutes ago, runthebone said:

It is totally surly-consistent that people are shitting on @HillaryFan420 for saying 1-2 drinks was too much and at the same time saying fuck Sarkisian, he is a fucking alcohol.

Hey man, drink what you want in your living room, backyard, out with the boys when you're working a 9-5 or shift. Don't do it when I need you 'crootin' kids and staying focused on winning football games and not getting into fights with your wife at 25K feet.

EDIT:  this is not a completely serious reply

Edited by UncleBuck
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

To me this is the least desirable guy of the bunch.  I don't get why people are so high on this guy. His record was terrible at FIU. Did anyone notice what Urban did with Bowling Green. At Oregon he has had one good year but in the last two years he has lost to teams of lesser talent. Does that sound familiar? I hope CDC keep us away from Cristobal at all cost if we don't get Meyer.

Meyer lost to Purdue, do not want. 

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate

31 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I will say, one of my my favorite things is when Ketchum comes up with news after his competitors directly contradicting those guys who inevitably have sources. I mean, I guess it's his only fucking play, but it amuses the fuck out of me every single motherfucking time. 

Also, take note how he's sourcing his info from fucking  Ohio State people. Because he doesn't have fucking anyone at Texas. No one. "Oh, did Burton and Nahlin saying health seems like it's ok, and his daughters and potentially wife are on board with it? Better eat these here 4-5 chicken wings real fast, tell everyone his family is against it, then wipe my ass with peanut butter, let in the dog, and spread my cheeks."  

Uh, Syd. Ketch told us he got 200 new subscribers yesterday.

That man knows his fantasy "news." Almost as well as he knows fatty foods.

3 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

and us fools thought that was a great dayFrustrated Head GIF by swerk

Well, Herman was an improvement over Chuck. And, perhaps, Herman's mess might've been some sort of added motivation for Urban wanting to come here and kick sand in Herman's face.

Just now, ztejas said:

Sorry if this was already discussed, I'm not sure Brian Davis understands what "slam dunk" means. He seems to think it refers to the chance of him being hired.

I mean just... what?

He may as well post a header on his tweets that say "I have no sources of information, which makes me terrible at my job"

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Sorry if this was already discussed, I'm not sure Brian Davis understands what "slam dunk" means. He seems to think it refers to the chance of him being hired.

"Despite what you may be reading"??? WTF does that mean? Have we been reading that someone else is conducting this search?

18 minutes ago, futureman said:

it’s not happening and was never happening.  you and the rest of these sad fucks in here tracking the flights of irrelevant dipshits with no connection to the UT coaching position... it’s fucking baffling and ridiculous.

he isn’t coming, people.  go back to your shanties. 

happy gilmore GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Are any of you familiar with what a colossal mess Cristobal inherited at FIU? He was literally coaching out of a bloody trailer during his first year, and after that they shifted him to some spare offices in the basketball arena. That's right, they had no dedicated space for football so he and his staff had to share space with the basketball team. Indoor volleyball practice courts were used as unit meeting rooms. The video room was set up in a converted shower room that was originally apart of the basketball team's locker room.

The AD was a mess, and when Cristobal demanded changes they refused to listen and let him go instead. That's why he was fired. His 27-47 record was something of a minor miracle given the circumstances.

• Hook 'Em 7

16 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

rock hoodys every week . the special is the awesome . really good philly too . 

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic