Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

17 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Campbell is Herman 2.0.  Upsets teams then loses to Maryland or the Rajun Cajuns. Every yr Herman and Herman 2.0.do that. Fuck they should've of lost against N. Iowa too.  Do not want. 

lolwut? Campbell has never lost to Maryland, let alone twice, let alone with Texas talent. Campbell has lost to Big 12 teams, Notre Dame, Washington State, Northern Iowa (first game of his first season) and ULL in a Covid year. I count one loss in five years where Campbell had a clear talent advantage. One. Herman has dozens at Texas and many more at U of H.

So any coach that has lost one single game they should have won (in a pandemic) is Herman 2.0? That's pretty stupid. Herman has as many terrible losses this season alone as Campbell does in five years.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Hoody's is great, and Hoody himself is a very nice guy.

I love their cheesesteaks, but their meatball subs and their Italian sausage subs are also fantastic.

14 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Hoody's is great, and Hoody himself is a very nice guy.

I love their cheesesteaks, but their meatball subs and their Italian sausage subs are also fantastic.

Hoody’s is awesome! Absolutely one of the best! 

9 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Tangent - Joe Rogan wouldn't be the worst S&C coach we've ever had. 

Alpha brain and kettle bells for everyone!!!

12 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

I am only posting stuff for conversation.  When were the Meyers in California, according to Eric?  I think Shelley is in Ohio.  Two, the below post is very likely a troll, but this trinnov person seems confident and is contradicting Nahlin.  As for Joe rogan, he's a fellow celebrity, so maybe he would know Urban or maybe he's renting out a piece of property to the Meyers?

image.thumb.png.ebc7d3a425d0c79e4377845c75a8ca80.png

Weed, mma, and college football coaches: 3 things Joe Rogan is a experrt on.  

5 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

CSB, when Hoody was first rolling out Cheesesteaks, we got the first one off the line when we walked in from high school across the street and he was testing it out for the first time. Needless to say he nailed it, and yes, super nice guy. 

RR Dragon class of 96 here. Hoody’s is great!

1 minute ago, BradInATX said:

lolwut? Campbell has never lost to Maryland, let alone twice, let alone with Texas talent. Campbell has lost to Big 12 teams, Notre Dame, Washington State, Northern Iowa (first game of his first season) and ULL in a Covid year. I count one loss in five years where Campbell had a clear talent advantage. One. Herman has dozens at Texas and many more at U of H.

So any coach that has lost one single game they should have won is Herman 2.0? That's pretty stupid.

I was comparing Herman losses to MD. I could easily throw in TCU, tech, you name the shitty school. Yes, Campbell is very similar to Herman in that regard. He drops games to far inferior opponents and upsets occasionally better ones. 

11 minutes ago, NoName said:

may very well be bullshit but wonder if they have the same real estate agent?

quick google shows this horns247 comment saying UM and wife were looking at real estate

k0BkNT88

thread: https://247sports.com/college/texas/board/21/Contents/meyers-are-looking-at-homes-in-austin-155503302/

outside of that can't come up with literally any reason Rogan and Urban would run in the same circles?

Don't any of these people know how to use Zillow?  

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

I am only posting stuff for conversation.  When were the Meyers in California, according to Eric?  I think Shelley is in Ohio.  Two, the below post is very likely a troll, but this trinnov person seems confident and is contradicting Nahlin.  As for Joe rogan, he's a fellow celebrity, so maybe he would know Urban or maybe he's renting out a piece of property to the Meyers?

image.thumb.png.ebc7d3a425d0c79e4377845c75a8ca80.png

Is this the same Joe Rogan that likes to get high?  Rogan's confirmation could've come from a three foot Urban Meyer who was guarding his Lucky Charms.  

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Correct. The only adjustment I'd make to your timeline is I bet we'd get an announcement that Urban is the new coach by the end of the day Saturday, early Sunday with a Monday PC to introduce him to the media. If it's done, I have a feeling we will be bursting to get the official news out. Then it gets good run on the Sunday NFL pregame shows.

Yeah I’m sure the unofficial on urban leaks sat. Official “confirmed” will be sun. Mon press conference to make it formal.

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it

So according to Brian Davis we may not be reading stuff that’s accurate? But we are degenerates. We can’t read. We are doing just fine, thank you very much. All this fear because they don’t know shit. Meanwhile, they are feverishly writing articles for when we get Urban that start with, “So can Urban turn Texas around?” 

We have sources on surly also. It’s not like all our intel comes from one place. We aren’t fucking amateurs. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

I was comparing Herman losses to MD. I could easily throw in TCU, tech, you name the shitty school. Yes, Campbell is very similar to Herman in that regard. He drops games to far inferior opponents and upsets occasionally better ones. 

He has literally lost one game in five years to inferior talent. One.

I'm not sure you have a strong grasp of Iowa State's gravitas, talent, and program history.

3 hours ago, THUJONE said:

I had to try a case in Odessa, but we stayed in Midland. At the FIVE STAR ELEGÁNTE HOTEL, which is five stars because it's in the name. Highlights of the trial were thus:

-Dwarf biker gang hanging out at the pool getting absolutely shitfaced

-The Lobby has a "Jungle Theme" complete with stuffed tigers (not taxidermy tigers, literal full-sized, stuffed-animal tigers like, from the state fair) and dusty fake greenery

-The Hotel bar/restaurant also houses a Tuesday (I think) Karaoke night. We ate in there one Tuesday and there was just one lady doing Karaoke and cartwheels with no underpants on. This is someone you would want to wear underpants.

-Ate at a chili's probably twenty times (best food close by) and saw Quiet Riot in there having dinner before a show. It was the single most depressing sight I've ever seen.

This is beautiful. I had to read it out loud to my GF. 

Thank you sir.

6 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Uh, Brian, I am reading about hamburgers, shitty towns, planes, curtains, desk chairs, regional airports, beaches, ocean water, places to eat, and a whole lot of other stuff. You'll have to be more specific about "despite what you may be reading."

Yea, but think of all the knee-slapping hilarity that has been provided by endless reference to the same subjects. I think I'll open a Parrot Comedy Club and make a fortune.

Fisting! (Diet Dr. Pepper just came flooding out of my nose. I love this stuff!!!!!!!!)

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Landomatic said:

Yeah I’m sure the unofficial on urban leaks sat. Official “confirmed” will be sun. Mon press conference to make it formal.

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it

It's already been leaking - like a 60 year old alcoholic with a bad prostate and kidneys. We'll get him on some Flomax, Valium and a saline IV and by Saturday evening it's going to be like a God damn firehose when nature calls.

3 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

He has literally lost one game in five years to inferior talent. One.

I'm not sure you have a strong grasp of Iowa State's gravitas, talent, and program history.

N. Iowa was superior?  Not to mention almost losing to Drake. Who the fuck is Drake? 

Edited by PassiveAggressiveCoach

10 minutes ago, NoName said:

strong fist post! legacy user - little reason for someone to burn a sock they have had this long over this topic...so no reason to doubt him from that standpoint

Not a sock, just don't opine on anything I don't have expertise in. Interestingly enough have found something to contribute to in this saga. 

Oddly, Mrs. Meyer's cryptic Twitter responses are the most direct, publicly available evidence that (1) there have indeed been talks between TX and Meyer, and (2) Meyer has not said no. The only reason for cryptic responses is if a deal is in the works or has been finalized but not announced.

That's not any groundbreaking revelation, but it's straight from Shelly Meyer instead of being related fourth hand from someone who probably read it on surly to begin with.

Could be that they have multiple suitors and looking for the best deal. Fox will certainly offer them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

The Texas side, correct. 

That was me. He has been a reliable shill for Urban over the years. He or Feldman will probably the person to first report Meyer’s decision if he turns us down, and if Urban wants to send out any public message through a surrogate about negotiations it would come from him.  It’s why I didn’t like his line that “if Meyer turns them down, as expected” in the article. 

Yeah, Feldman works with Urban at FOX...

Just now, CenTex Hill Billy said:

Could be that they have multiple suitors and looking for the best deal. Fox will certainly offer them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Fox decides to pay him $15M a year over 7 years I won't even be mad.

Okay, I'll be a little mad.

it’s not happening and was never happening.  you and the rest of these sad fucks in here tracking the flights of irrelevant dipshits with no connection to the UT coaching position... it’s fucking baffling and ridiculous.
he isn’t coming, people.  go back to your shanties. 

I didn’t really want to see you tist yourself truthfully but watching you being so firm on your position and not backing down I’m starting to come around on the idea.

3 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

In before dick/fisting drawings.

Some of us would prefer this to the real thing, although the artist will need Future to model this situational piece.  Future may want to investigate Maplethorpe for positional examples.   And I strongly advise against this research for the rest of you, however.  

11 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

So any coach that has lost one single game they should have won (in a pandemic) is Herman 2.0? That's pretty stupid. Herman has as many terrible losses this season alone as Campbell does in five years.

And he's never lived in Killeen, Odessa, or anywhere in east Texas. I'm not sure what his position is on mayo, Texas beaches, or Fords vs. Chevy's, but that's what we pay CDC for.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

N. Iowa was superior?  Not to mention almost losing to Drake. Who the fuck is Drake? 

It was the first game of his first season, I'm going to give him a pas there.

Almost losing to Drake as Iowa State is about on the same level as Texas almost losing to Kansas.

He's nothing like Herman. He has one, maybe two if you want to be petty and count his first game ever at ISU with Paul Rhoads' garbage team, bad losses. Herman has... dozens. He's not gimmicky, he doesn't have piss charts, he doesn't get into flex-offs with opposing players. He's good with Xs and Os. He's not a redneck moron. He's a good coach. Herman is a terrible coach. The two guys couldn't be much more opposite in terms of demeanor, coaching style, intelligence, and general ability.

The guy out there that's the closest to Herman right now is P.J. Fleck with his gimmicks and over-the-top swag stuff.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Hook 'Em 2

Show me a coach who has not lost a few games where he is a favorite. I'll wait. Never judge a coach by a game or two but his track record in program building. Have we learned nothing from Herman?

Iowa State's run in the past few years is so anomalous given their sordid pathetic history, that you almost have to wonder if they are cheating their asses off. It is literally one of the worst jobs in P5. Yet their program is at a stage where they are in championship conversation every year now.

We all know what the xfactor is behind this upswing. It's their fucking coach.

All those saying how Campbell is Herman 2.0 need to read up on how he has built the ISU program in the last few years.

• Hook 'Em 4

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic