Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

I stepped away for a bit. In perusing the IT thread of the day, there's some mystery person who is pushing Urban Texas's way and some suppose it's Mack Fucking Brown?!?!?

SoggyUglyEider-small.gif

Mack justified himself by seeing the program crash and burn for 10 years and him and Urban are tight so it is not the craziest assumption.

6 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

This pessimism is a collective hangover from the party last night I guess? The only thing I can see that has changed is the Horseshoe Bay thing may have been wrong but that was never contingent on this happening anyway. The radio silence by any primary sources is pretty consistent with what I would expect at this point, why is the assumption he said "no" and we are trying to make a last ditch push to change his mind?

200.gif

1 minute ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Mack justified himself by seeing the program crash and burn for 10 years and him and Urban are tight so it is not the craziest assumption.

Not at all.  He and Urban have had multiple happy hours over the last couple months as Herman twisted more and more in the wind. 

12 minutes ago, Houston20 said:

Seems like everyone is paraphrasing what's already out there with these "updates" today. At this point, I don't think we're going to hear anything substantial till after Saturday's game.

Screw you, pal.  I've got a case of Mountain Dew Code Red, a log of Cope and a gross of Cheetos snack bags.  I can wait like the best of 'em.

10 minutes ago, Queen Bitch said:

She shuffled through drawers then went to a spin class followed by a pedicure. Jesus dude, did you even finish reading the tweet?

Not saying shuffling happened right then but this tweet could have been constructed on the way to the airport or on a runway. And as Totally Legit stated the spin class is on Wednesday morning.

3 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

no but if the wife is a major decision point on whether or not he's taking the job, she's going to want to come down to see the area, what houses are available for their price range, etc. if she hates the housing options, the area, the city, etc, she's going to make her opinion know.

not to get all aggro on you but i'm thinking by you're not married with family. again cause no wife or husband is going to buy a home and considering moving to a new area/city/state without first seeing homes and the area.

would you buy a new car without ever seeing it and driving it? probably not. then why the fuck would you expect someone to buy a house that they are going to spend almost every day of their lives for 5 years and pay multimillions for without ever seeing it?

I don't want to go on with this forever because it isn't that important, but again, no one is asking Shelley to take the keys to some random house unseen. The point I was trying to make is that Austin is a nice town with nice houses. The Meyers can assume that if they reach a deal that they will be able to find a suitable home at a later date. Yes, the wife will want to be involved in the decision then--hell, I am sure CUM would tell her to just go find the one she wants and let him know when to write the check. But to state that he wouldn't take the job without flying his wife to town to walk inside available property--I just don't believe that. If for no other reason, it creates a spectacle. If nothing else, get on Zillow.

And I am married and have a pile of kids. Again, I would assume, as would my wife, that we could find suitable accommodations in a town such as Austin if I had a hundo million in the bank.  It keeps coming up that no wife would buy a house sight-unseen. I agree with you completely there. But there is no house buying going on until after the deal. 

Now in Stillwater--I can see wanting to get a sense of the town. But in Austin--where the brightest stars of Texas live--no need to see if the streets are paved. 

Sorry to derail this. I just don't believe Saban or Meyer or anyone else with that kind of money says "Wife, I am thinking about taking a multi-million dollar job in one of the top cities in the US. We have to be very careful and keep this on the downlow--but hey, can you reach out to some coked-out real estate agent and ask to be driven around to see some houses? Oh and please tell Karen not to say anything." 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

Coincidentally, there is also a flight from Sarasota to Austin tonight.

Those are people close to Urbs.  Bruce Cassidy is very close to Urban and his family.  He owns the concession golf club in Sarasota.  I’ll let you all connect the dots.  

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic