Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

5 minutes ago, cdain3 said:
9 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:
If Urban is not coming, then he’s never coaching again.   Period.

I just can't imagine him being done at 56.

Well if Shelley is to be believed he won't ever coach in the NFL, as she said in that interview yesterday. So it's college or nothing and it's been said Texas is one of the three jobs he'd come back for. USC isn't going to offer him anytime soon (Prez says no way) ND isn't opening up either. So that boils down to us or being retired for good. 

Edited by Happy Gilmore

Just now, CenTex Hill Billy said:

I have family up high in Kuper Realty.

Bridget Archer was buying agent for Joe Rogan. When I asked about Urban Meyer moving here they started questioning my intentions with this info. Didn't want to reveal I'm a Surly agent sleuthing so I dropped it. I'll ask again this weekend.

https://www.kuperrealty.com/eng/associate/452-a-1780-4022235/bridget-archer

Shit, I know a guy high up for Uber. I should give him a call. Do we have someone who has contacts at the MLK 7-11.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

So I just messaged a booster friend who lives not far from Marble Falls and told him to get up to HSB stat to confirm/deny a Meyer landing. He responded, "I'm on the runway." Not sure if serious, but I told him to get a selfie with UM if he is.  

May or may not be disappointed on who climbs out.

1a3c9c669a6c5312bcf56974104d987a.jpg

@Drew

Edited by clapclapclap
Kendra's 3rd cousin?

11 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I don’t think so. If he’s already declined, Texas has already moved to Plan B. If he’s about to decline, same thing.

Neither party wants it discussed publicly at this time. There is no benefit for either party. They both are operating under the agreement that secrecy is part of the engagement model.

If and when Texas has a plan B, then you will hear that Urban declined it. Or, if the media pressure gets too intense by early next week and Texas still doesn’t have a Plan B lined up, Urban will likely publicly say he’s happy announcing and not interested. By that point, Texas was supposed to have plan B lined up.

Devil's advocate, but what motivation would Urban have to turn Texas down but continue to string this out secretly until they found their plan B? He has no obligation or incentive to protect Texas from a PR standpoint and I'm sure some of this frenzy is getting back to him and his family. If he's already decided to pass it seems in his best interests to release that information now and let UT deal with the fallout. What does he care?

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, CenTex Hill Billy said:

I have source high in Kuper Realty.

Bridget Ramey was buying agent for Joe Rogan. It was bought while off market for $25m. When I asked about Urban Meyer moving here they started questioning my intentions with this info. Didn't want to reveal I'm a Surly agent sleuthing so I dropped it. I'll ask again this weekend.

https://bridgetramey.kuperrealty.com/

Not bad.  I’m willing to follow this lead.  

19 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Of predicting Urban Meyer to Texas?  This is kind of a unique situation.

I get that. I was just curious if he has any kind of demonstrated insight into the program in the past such as with the assistant coaching overhaul last year or if he just makes shit up.

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Dodds does live in HSB, and CDC visited with him when CDC first took over as AD -- so it would not be surprising for Deloss to be a current resource for CDC.

He may live in HSB but he's at a Starbucks in Westlake a lot because I see him there...a lot.

2 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Devil's advocate, but what motivation would Urban have to turn Texas down but continue to string this out secretly until they found their plan B? He has no obligation or incentive to protect Texas from a PR standpoint and I'm sure some of this frenzy is getting back to him and his family. If he's already decided to pass it seems in his best interests to release that information now and let UT deal with the fallout. What does he care?

Cuz there’s no official job opening?

Won't reiterate all of the rationale already well-explained by others as to why we would have almost surely heard insider reports of a solid "no" by now. However, I'm firmly in the camp that the fact we have not heard such reports, coupled with the mountain of very weird circumstantial data (yes, including flight aware) + reports speaking to sourced-info re the possibility of Urban taking the job being put out by journalists and other outlets that extend beyond our typical 9.95'ers, means that this thing is likely happening (in a good way).

Re parallels to the 2013 Saban debacle, I closely followed the equivalent thread over on surly at the time and do not recall near this scope of non-9.95er input, circumstantial evidence or base of people (reporters, fans, etc.) that took it seriously - hell, most don't believe Saban to TX was about a FUPM-tit away from going down. Not to mention the contrast the contrast in alignment and competence of UT's admin branches/donors then vs. now. 

Just saying, though I wouldn't say I'm injecting the kool-aid quite yet and maybe I'm gullible, but at this point I'd be pretty surprised if Urban isn't our next coach. 

3 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

My dumb ass called Woodhouse in Dublin OH and asked if they had spin class today... in a southern woman's accent. 

"Ha no ma'am this is a spa?"

chris farley idiot GIF

Hey. Your heart's in the right place. Your head - maybe not so much.

2 minutes ago, Queen Bitch said:

Cuz there’s no official job opening?

All he has to do is have Klatt tee him up on that livestream, "You know, I'm just so happy working with you and the guys at Fox and not interested in any jobs at this time, can't wait for Saturday"

That, or he doesn't say anything but he can have his PR people confirm his 'no thanks' around to the various beat-writers and $9.95ers without ever publicly saying anything or admitting that he had talks about a job that wasn't technically open.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CenTex Hill Billy said:

I have source high in Kuper Realty.

Bridget Ramey was buying agent for Joe Rogan. It was bought while off market for $25m. When I asked about Urban Meyer moving here they started questioning my intentions with this info. Didn't want to reveal I'm a Surly agent sleuthing so I dropped it. I'll ask again this weekend.

https://bridgetramey.kuperrealty.com/

Just tell'em your name is futureman and the well being of your asshole is at stake. I'm sure they'll understand 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I don’t think so. If he’s already declined, Texas has already moved to Plan B. If he’s about to decline, same thing.

Neither party wants it discussed publicly at this time. There is no benefit for either party. They both are operating under the agreement that secrecy is part of the engagement model.

If and when Texas has a plan B, then you will hear that Urban declined it. Or, if the media pressure gets too intense by early next week and Texas still doesn’t have a Plan B lined up, Urban will likely publicly say he’s happy announcing and not interested. By that point, Texas was supposed to have plan B lined up.

nights talladega GIF

11 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

He's probably mulling it over. 

4 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

I just found out from a friend of a friend that Meyer likes mayonnaise on his hamburgers.

Not gonna lie. This is the best chicken sandwich in the world and they put a fuckton of mayo on there.

Otropo Burger - Double Fillet | Oporto - Fresh Grilled Chicken and Burgers

Edited by Bevo14

All he has to do is have Klatt tee him up on that livestream, "You know, I'm just so happy working with you and the guys at Fox and not interested in any jobs at this time, can't wait for Saturday"
That, or he doesn't say anything but he can have his PR people confirm his 'no thanks' around to the various beat-writers and $9.95ers without ever publicly saying anything or admitting that he had talks about a job that wasn't technically open.

If there’s no job open to turn down then it’s that much easier. “No, I’m not interested I’m happy at Fox and family yada yada.” He has no doubt been asked a million times by media types near and far, and none of them have reported that. Quite simple: he’s still in reach for now.
  • Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic