Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

32 minutes ago, CenTex Hill Billy said:

My bad it's Bridget Ramey

https://bridgetramey.kuperrealty.com/

From that link:

Having lived as an adult in New York City, Miami and Rockport, in conjunction with her love of travel, Bridget has a broad perspective of different markets and lifestyles

understatement of the year right there

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

While the facilities upgrades could present an opportunity, the #1 problem with getting new awesome things is available real estate. I don't *think* there's enough room to build the kind of indoor practice facility over the location of the Bubble currently. Austin real estate isn't easy. 

In Texas I believe that imminent domain would apply for college football purposes. Alternatively, who needs the LBJ Library and School of Public Affairs, anyway? Move that shit to Riverside.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Topper13 said:

104.9 reporting Surly news, as well. Bitches owe us tree fiddy.

790 am radio in Houston did the same during the noon-1 pm hour. I was as if they were reading directly off of Surly. Down to the curtains, chairs etc. at HSB and the flight tracking while referencing “crazy Texas fan boards. Not sure who is on the air in that time slot, but one of the 2 definitely reads (read) Surly. I was driving and listening, seemed surreal. Also, they didn’t opine on validity, just glossed over it and moved on.

I hope we promised Urban a personal SpaceX launch pad in the middle of the six pack. Its college football. You say whatever it takes to get them to sign and then pretend like it never happened once theyre done moving their 10 million dollar dorm room in. 

Feels like Shelly went to great lengths to say the gift card was in Dublin. I think she’s just trying to throw people off the trail.
Either the HSB report is straight up bullshit or Shelly is trolling us hard. The latter is at least possible. The X in her Twitter handle, her snarky Twitter posts, and Texas fans tweeting at her daily all point to her being able to troll us to throw us off. (I'll remove my tin foil hat now.)

9 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

This is my question as well. Where do you even put these new practice fields he wants in downtown Austin? Commandeer the IM fields?

Possibilities:

Lot 38

Lot 39

Lot 70

Recreational sports complex

Lacrosse field

Soccer stadium....

I kid on the soccer stadium....mostly.....

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

While the facilities upgrades could present an opportunity, the #1 problem with getting new awesome things is available real estate. I don't *think* there's enough room to build the kind of indoor practice facility over the location of the Bubble currently. Austin real estate isn't easy. 

What if we build upwards, with gondolas connecting to the stadium

Edited by Michael Knight
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

This is my question as well. Where do you even put these new practice fields he wants in downtown Austin? Commandeer the IM fields?

Bulldoze Lot 40, transfer the trees somewhere else (replant them other places on campus) on the grounds between Lot 40 and Thompson, and there's your space. Or you could bulldoze Thompson, too. Add a parking garage in place of Lot 39 for the lost parking.. They're just examples.

Edited by BachelorTrek

1 minute ago, Texas Wahoo said:

Are these two separate thoughts?  How else would one fix the issue of terrible practice fields than throwing money at it?  Is there some other option, like sprucing it up with a nice indoor bush?

FWIW, I read that as a tongue and cheek sort of allusion to throwing money at Urban Meyer to fix or wall-paper over the problem. 

1 minute ago, Texas Wahoo said:

Are these two separate thoughts?  How else would one fix the issue of terrible practice fields than throwing money at it?  Is there some other option, like sprucing it up with a nice indoor bush?

You've gotta build it with your bare hands, the same way all the spunky down-to-earth programs do it.

1 minute ago, Harvdog said:

My buddy in Columbus said UM is tight with Thamel and to see what he writes.  He also confirmed 7/$84M and all the other stuff reported. He thinks it's going to happen.  

From Zach Smith to Pete Thamel. He sure likes to surround himself with a bunch of mouth breathers. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Wally Pryor said:

Not at all.  He and Urban have had multiple happy hours over the last couple months as Herman twisted more and more in the wind. 

Herman was a "Mack guy" at one time. Et tu, Mack? (What am I saying? We're talking about Mack. Of course he would.)

1 hour ago, Dr. Teeth said:

Potentially something is happening but potentially nothing is not happening. 

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

My buddy in Columbus said UM is tight with Thamel and to see what he writes.  He also confirmed 7/$84M and all the other stuff reported. He thinks it's going to happen.  

This is new information 

2 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:

Either the HSB report is straight up bullshit or Shelly is trolling us hard. The latter is at least possible. The X in her Twitter handle, her snarky Twitter posts, and Texas fans tweeting at her daily all point to her being able to troll us to throw us off. (I'll remove my tin foil hat now.)

Was he in horseshoe bay a month ago too? 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, TexasRenegade said:

I kid on the soccer stadium....mostly.....

the texas relays justifiably insures the myers complex is retained.  the soccer pitch in such a premium location is a byproduct of track and field.  otherwise play futbol at the new mls stadium.  why not just tear down the bubble and build a new one that maximizes the available footprint.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic