Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

7 hours ago, Texasrocks said:

How did we make it 230 pages without a Ford vs Chevy debate? Also, anyone who thinks Killeen is the worst town in Texas hasn't spent enough time in east Texas.

I'll say this politely for you. Go fuck your mother. 

now back to page 235 i go..... 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, chemHORN said:

Ohio State fans saying on twitter that something on their premium board indicating he isn't coming to Texas.  Doesn't mean he isnt but something to follow.

Can anyone confirm or post this? Probably just Bucks fans being salty but still.

2 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

No one is a "Mack Guy" if they're attempting to succeed at Texas.    You're wished more failure than you could possibly imagine. 

Which is why I find it hard to believe Mack is doing anything constructive to steer a HOF coach who is likely to smash Mack's UT accomplishments out of the water in a much, much shorter timeframe in our direction. I would more readily believe he's poisoning the well instead.

16 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Aren't we in the time period window expecting a leak as referenced by @IDIOTsavant a few pages back? Normally I wouldn't care, but he also put us onto the 11:45 flight into HSB so im inclined to give it some credence.

I'm guessing on leaks here. No solid intel; just an observation of flights in and out of HSB, which is also an assumption.

29 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

While the facilities upgrades could present an opportunity, the #1 problem with getting new awesome things is available real estate. I don't *think* there's enough room to build the kind of indoor practice facility over the location of the Bubble currently. Austin real estate isn't easy. 

Caro's about done, so we've probably pulled as much prestige out of the LBJ Library as possible. Move those records to some warehouse, tear down the building, and devote that space to football.

Edited by Reese Bennett
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TexasRenegade said:

Electra has like 2700 people. It's and ugly patch of the highway, but it doesn't rate consideration.

Vernon is fine. It's an isolated small north Texas town.  There isn't anything distinctly bad about it.  It's got a killer steakhouse...and speaking of burger joints---Bevo's is pretty dang good in Vernon Texas.

They used to have a dominant football program back in the 90s. (Vernon). They had this kid named Terrance Gaines. Dude was unstoppable, but dumb as a sack of bricks. I think he graduated from Fredrick, OK HS and went to OSU for a semester before failing out. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana
Wrong college

1 hour ago, cdain3 said:
1 hour ago, Cairn Horn88 said:
If Urban is not coming, then he’s never coaching again.   Period.

I just can't imagine him being done at 56.

Royal was done at 52.   Its even more pressure now.  as long as Notre Dame/tOSU has a coach I'd think he's done if we can't pry him away.

Just now, UncleBuck said:

Dude's making some type of bean soup shit, not trying to recreate Julia Child's Boeuf Bourguignon.

Well, speaking of beef bourguignon...Ina Garten has a really great recipe. When I want to impress peeps I serve it in a baked potato with homemade dressing and salad on the side. But I digress. 

It’s weird that there are all these eyes on our thread. Lots of them. Having to check our servers and our cookies. Now people scoffing at our facilities and curtain knowledge. We should just tear down I35 at this point. We don’t need it and it sucks anyway. UT thought nothing of tearing down Players! How much money do we have collectively? 

2 minutes ago, troph said:

I had to work today.  sucks.

any new crumbs on the trail to speculate about? 

We think we might be out of it as of this past hour because a *guy who might have a scoop tweeted a Michael Jordan sad faced Bevo. 

*so maybe he's not just a guy and used to coach with Meyer.

Edited by UncleBuck

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

Royal was done at 52.   Its even more pressure now.  as long as Notre Dame/tOSU has a coach I'd think he's done if we can't pry him away.

Agreed. Still think we have a shot at Urban but it went from 75-25 he's coming to 60-40 he isn't.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

11 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

the texas relays justifiably insures the myers complex is retained.  the soccer pitch in such a premium location is a byproduct of track and field.  otherwise play futbol at the new mls stadium.  why not just tear down the bubble and build a new one that maximizes the available footprint.

Revamp the current grass/outdoor practice field, build an innovative two story enclosed facility where the bubble is (different turf fields on each level). Disclaimer: not an engineer. 

9 minutes ago, victory88 said:

What the fuck is going on?!  I had to step away for a few hours to actually get some work done.  Anything new or just more bullshit talk about burgers, kendra scott, and killeen?

you missed the property brothers, joe rogan and MSN.com saying IT is the one that found the scoop 

1 hour ago, clapclapclap said:

May or may not be disappointed on who climbs out.

1a3c9c669a6c5312bcf56974104d987a.jpg

@Drew

This is easily explained.  Shelley is having him come in to look at their new house in escrow specifically in regards to how get a huge ass jacuzzi in the game room because Urb loves a nice soak after a game of pool.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic