Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Cowher retired at 49.

good to know, that was also in 07 fwiw

so we have Cowher, DKR and Stoops who all retired at fairly young ages at the top of their game.

the flip side of this is that most dudes are going to do that, especially not with the money that is in it these days.

2 minutes ago, Darth Tron said:

Just because I am an eternal optimist, I choose to believe that this news is not going to be broken (one way or the other) through a buddy's Twitter account.

Obviously the dude has a connection to the Meyers. I just feel if they're letting him know, he'd report the deal and not just do a sad bevo. Just me. 

But obviously, the guy is connected. 

2 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Obviously the dude has a connection to the Meyers. I just feel if they're letting him know, he'd report the deal and not just do a sad bevo. Just me. 

But obviously, the guy is connected. 

Metagame...Have the connected buddy shoot it down just so it's a bigger explosion when it happens.

Edited by Darth Tron

Just now, Hiphopopotamos said:

My heart can't handle a protracted coaching search.  Especially one that ends up with Luke Fickell. 

G5! Anyone can win 10 games with Texas recruits!

I can't see us going back to G5 shortimer again.  We will hire a P5 guy.

2 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

I finally caught up to the end of the thread. Satisfying at first, but then kind of sad.

The downside to throwing out rumors of $100M offers for a coach is when they turn it down. Hopefully we're still in this. 

what does it say when aggy can throw money and get a MNC coach and we can't? 

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic