Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

18 minutes ago, troph said:

I'm not as convinced as you but I stated my thinking above.  the lack of higher quality "no" leaks and the momentum of mainstream picking the story up is leading me to think it's a yes.  plan B would be leaking all over the place if he was a no.  I think it's more likely than not it's done and the waiting period until after KSU is too effing silent for everyone's comfort.  but think about it, if it's done, what else is there to do?  nothing but wait.  If he said no, it's full gear plan B.  that shit gets leaked no way it stays this quiet if it's a no.  maybe it's still a maybe but that seems kinda odd too.  He's going on a week plus a few months of knowing about this possibility.  he's not an indecisive man.

Basically I was making a couple of points. I am giving CDC the benefit of the doubt that he knows what he's doing.  If he is a quality deal maker, then nothing would have become this publicly well known until IT WAS DONE.  If he's the AD equivalent of Herman as a coach, in other word mediocre, then this deal can blow up.  If it doesn't happen it's 100% on CDC.

Edited by alphahorn

11 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Assuming you're not full of shit, can you please give us a bit more detail? How many people, general descriptions? Perhaps among the passengers there were at least four women, three relatively young and one older, and one college-aged guy?

The theory has turned to that flight being the family & friends gang, so the fact they wouldn't be recognizable to the average Joe isn't shocking. 

It was a man, a middle aged man, and a woman on the plane. That’s really I know. Doesnt sound like it was the family 

• Hook 'Em 1

We will know TH’s future on Saturday and CUM’s future on Sunday. When have you seen a coach fired two days or day before the next (football) game?

It’s going to be a long 48 hours with leaks, speculation and denial. Stock up on your McRibs and chips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will know TH’s future on Saturday and CUM’s future on Sunday. When have you seen a coach fired two days or day before the next (football) game?

It’s going to be a long 48 hours with leaks, speculation and denial. Stock up on your McRibs and chips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, pops said:

Just to be pedantic, udd isn't close to palm springs nor is LQ. Udd is in Bermuda dunes. 25 miles south of palm springs. I dont know shit and have no inside sources but a good friend's dad is tight with knight. They have dinner weekly in LQ. I'll see what I can find out. 

My CA resort-town acumen appears to need some work, but Google Maps shows that UDD is 7.7 miles from the Madison Club residential community where Knight's home is.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, Old Freak Nasty said:

Yes precisely.  I think it’s manufactured stuff but I can see that being the case.  Both osu and florida turned the other cheek.  We typically have not, but we also haven’t been in this type of negotiating position where we have no leverage.  I’d prefer not to appoint Meyer to have absolute unchecked authority precisely because there is plenty of history to suggest what will happen if he has it.  It’s wishful thinking to believe it will be different here because we are UT.

But fuck it, I want him too.  But I am genuinely concerned as well.

If you want  the good, you have to take the bad.  I am up for all of it.

3 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

Basically I was making a couple of points. I am giving CDC the benefit of the doubt that he knows what he's doing.  If he is a quality deal maker, then nothing would have become this publicly well know until IT WAS DONE.  If he's the AD equivalent of Herman as a coach, in other word mediocre, then this deal can blow up.  If it doesn't happen it's 100% on CDC.

I agree with you on these points.  As for where we are, I think 70/30 he's in the bag.  I think if the quality of the no leaks increase tomorrow I'll start to worry but for now it's the same dregs saying no.  that makes me feel better.  curtains or not.

1 minute ago, South Austin said:

If it was an unequivocal “no,” I think we’d start hearing the leaks of CDC’s outreach to other candidates pretty quickly.

It would be a multi-pronged approach, and the new candidates wouldn’t appear until health concerns, family, fit, and whatever the fuck else had been trotted out.

16 minutes ago, smash said:

Out of everything that I've read today on this board, I'm going to go with the guy who uses a squid as his twitter handle and only writes in emojis as the source that I most believe.  I will also not try to explain that to my wife or friends.  It's just us guys.

And gals right @Nicole44  ??

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Whiskey helps

man it's an apocalyptic world here first thing in the morning.  it's as though the confirmation was expected at 3am or something and at 7am when nothing has happened folks fall off the train. 

2 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

I know of a BMD who is very much in position to know generally what is going on.  This guy is telling people that he is unable to discuss it.  It is very unusual for this individual to say something like that.  

That means Urban is getting his demands and is a good sign. I feel like this week has been a “test” by Urban to see how quiet the program can keep something. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

8 minutes ago, South Austin said:

If it was an unequivocal “no,” I think we’d start hearing the leaks of CDC’s outreach to other candidates pretty quickly.

Agreed, try to show all our eggs weren’t all in one basket and we missed. At least one name, we know they are out there but we would have for sure heard of at least one

8 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

Basically I was making a couple of points. I am giving CDC the benefit of the doubt that he knows what he's doing.  If he is a quality deal maker, then nothing would have become this publicly well know until IT WAS DONE.  If he's the AD equivalent of Herman as a coach, in other word mediocre, then this deal can blow up.  If it doesn't happen it's 100% on CDC.

absolutely not.  if meyer has everything he wants and has asked for and says no, how is that on CDC?  the only thing they could have done better was mask more of the flights.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I will remain optimistic. 1. if the picture of CDC being happy after the Iowa St loss is correct, this is a good sign. 2. We now have supposedly multiple confirmed reports that UM has been sending out feelers for a staff. You don't do that if you have no intentions of possibly accepting the job. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, Longhornlove said:

I will remain optimistic. 1. if the picture of CDC being happy after the Iowa St loss is correct, this is a good sign. 2. We now have supposedly multiple confirmed reports that UM has been sending out feelers for a staff. You don't do that if you have no intentions of possibly accepting the job. 

yep and mainstream media confirmed that.  the no's are shit so far.

• Hook 'Em 1

Still haven’t seen that picture. Anyone?

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

says he aggy.  you outed yourself even though it was obvious.

Sat Auburn beats aggy - tears

Sunday we announce your new overlord - even more tears

Monday futureman fists himself.  Even more tears.  And by tears, I don’t mean the crying kind.  I mean actual fucking tears.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic