Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

Think this is BS but wanted to post the latest from the other side:

https://imgur.com/a/hF14IcK

Update from the BMD I was talking to - asked her about the FOX deal and she said "if you're leaving for a promotion at another firm and your current place offers you a raise, you tell them and everyone they talk to that you're gonna take it." So she seems unperturbed. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

I know of a BMD who is very much in position to know generally what is going on.  This guy is telling people that he is unable to discuss it.  It is very unusual for this individual to say something like that.  

If he can't discuss it, then 1. There's been no answer given as reported by pretty much everyone besides that retard at Fuckeye scoop. 2 it's a yes and he can't go into the details until it's announced. 

3 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

I will remain optimistic. 1. if the picture of CDC being happy after the Iowa St loss is correct, this is a good sign. 2. We now have supposedly multiple confirmed reports that UM has been sending out feelers for a staff. You don't do that if you have no intentions of possibly accepting the job. 

Can you give a quick rundown of the whole CDC being happy after the loss?  Missed that somewhere in all of this.

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

So here's my guess:  Squid predicts that in 3 days Buckeyes eat crow, Longhorns celebrate.  Hook 'Em, Squid.

And FTR, as someone who actually works in the TV business, I seriously doubt that Fox is terribly worried about losing UM, and know for certain that his TV contract is nowhere near a coaching contract.  Typically in the situation where coaches are filling these kind of positions, their contracts give them "outs" in the event they receive another coaching offer.  On top of that, for those kind of expert analyst jobs, they usually give year-by-year contracts anyway, in case chemistry between hosts isn't right or they decide to retool and reformat the show from season to season.  It's not like UM is a full time Fox guy covering NCAA Football, NFL, Baseball, Hockey, etc.  If he was, that would be different, but he's just a College Football guy.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

absolutely not.  if meyer has everything he wants and has asked for and says no, how is that on CDC?  the only thing they could have done better was mask more of the flights.

For reasons that I have explained. The fact that the entire world knows we are in discussions with Urban should only happen after he has 100% assurance from Urban that he's on board.  All the financial negotiations can be completed thru Urban's agent and UT. The facility stuff too.  The agent can also relay any concerns.  Health is not an issue or nothing would ever get off the ground.  The only real remaining issue is Urban's coaching staff and the key members he needs. He should be told make some calls and get back to us with a binding answer.  Only then should CDC do anything that publicly links Urban to UT such as the meeting everyone knows about this week and that should only be to toast the deal and give him the final draft of the agreement that had already been negotiated with his agent.

Edited by alphahorn
  • Hook 'Em 4

12 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

My CA resort-town acumen appears to need some work, but Google Maps shows that UDD is 7.7 miles from the Madison Club residential community where Knight's home is.

Which is where friends dad is a member. Discovery property. Same as gozzer ranch where friends dad is also a member. 

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

If he can't discuss it, then 1. There's been no answer given as reported by pretty much everyone besides that retard at Fuckeye scoop. 2 it's a yes and he can't go into the details until it's announced. 

I take it to underscore the seriousness of the whole enterprise by those who are running the show.

5 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Bad news guys. Nobody at jiu jitsu knew shit about Joe Rogan and Urban Meyer. I suspected one guy knew something and I almost tore some ligaments in his knee. He screamed like a woman so I let go. I guess he didn’t know.

What’s new? Has anyone considered having a McRib sent to the hotel?

Mcrib, with mayo sent from a Ford F 150

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

Can you give a quick rundown of the whole CDC being happy after the loss?  Missed that somewhere in all of this.

I saw it in this thread I think, a couple of hundred pages ago, not sure I can find it. There was a lot of conversation about it, I'm sure someone else in here can verify what I'm talking about. Been a lurker on here for years, don't post much and don't have much street cred. 

16 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

Basically I was making a couple of points. I am giving CDC the benefit of the doubt that he knows what he's doing.  If he is a quality deal maker, then nothing would have become this publicly well known until IT WAS DONE.  If he's the AD equivalent of Herman as a coach, in other word mediocre, then this deal can blow up.  If it doesn't happen it's 100% on CDC.

Hope that CDC is a great deal maker.  BUT If it doesn't work out, there may have been some purposeful leaks by Urban's agent in an effort to get a pay raise at FOX.  

5 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Ask the man yourself. Basically Greenspoint is in a 500 car line in Hye Texas waiting for a bottle drop of Garrison Bros Rye. 

Is it that Hye Rye bullshit?  That’s not even a rye. It’s a high rye bourbon.  Yet another overpriced, overhyped addition to their portfolio. 

https://craftspiritsmag.com/2020/12/03/garrison-brothers-releasing-hye-rye-bourbon-on-repeal-day/

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

I saw it in this thread I think, a couple of hundred pages ago, not sure I can find it. There was a lot of conversation about it, I'm sure someone else in here can verify what I'm talking about. Been a lurker on here for years, don't post much and don't have much street cred. 

Here. It didn't take too long to find because I remembered who posted it.

On 11/27/2020 at 2:57 PM, kingkoopa6 said:

3-C6-CA9-FC-B105-4-A24-9926-116-A9-BCDBE
654-FBE7-E-7-ED8-4523-9462-3-E5-D80-E358
AC8-A5450-78-C3-4574-BBCB-D167-F09920-BE

• Hook 'Em 6

11 minutes ago, Octavian said:

Think this is BS but wanted to post the latest from the other side:

https://imgur.com/a/hF14IcK

Update from the BMD I was talking to - asked her about the FOX deal and she said "if you're leaving for a promotion at another firm and your current place offers you a raise, you tell them and everyone they talk to that you're gonna take it." So she seems unperturbed. 

Lol that jackass saying Urbs turned down 80mm+ because he just loves tOSU. If anyone was previously worried about this moron, here's your proof hes full of shit.

3 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Hope that CDC is a great deal maker.  BUT If it doesn't work out, there may have been some purposeful leaks by Urban's agent in an effort to get a pay raise at FOX.  

If we’re losing him I don’t think FOX has anything to do with it. They know they’re not gonna match the salary he’ll make coaching UT, so why up the one he has? Either he wants to coach again or he doesn’t. Don’t think an extra million a year is gonna make a whole hell of a lot of a difference.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, clapclapclap said:

As for the chips:

Hide contents

h-e-b-thin-adobado-potato-chips-00052277

4453564319_663250c915.jpg

ridgecutpotatochipssaltpepper.jpg

(must have pepper, the others are turrible)

Still the champ, basic but unsurpassed.  Much better than Ruffles.

I don't think Herr's makes that flavor any longer.  They were good.  Do they still make the Stubb's Bar-B-Que flavor?

24 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

Now it all makes sense. 

No one goes back to OB. That would be like Tom Hanks crashing the Fed Ex plane to get back to his Castaway status with Wilson on the Island.  Its a crime if you post and pay Geoff Ketchum anything more than a squirt of piss. Good riddence Troll

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Not sure what their incentive would be to give him a raise. You didn't go back to coaching? Cool.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic