Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

3 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

I am really thinking CDC has kept a super tight ship on this and maybe he and just a couple others really know because he doesnt want leaked shit submarining this like the Saban deal.  

If he's putting out feelers for coaches it's incredible how tight lipped they are. They're definitely not telling their wives they've been contacted. 

3 minutes ago, 40acredropout said:

Tell us about when you kept that kind of money from your wife and then maybe I’ll trust you 

it's not the money you are keeping from your wife but the details that she'll have it until it's a reality.  I'm an old fuck around here. I've had several careers. one was a long stint on wall street as an investment banker. I've advised companies from 100 million up to fortune 100 companies.  I've seen what leaks and loose lips do to deals. I left investment banking to start a company I took public with a client whose company I sold. We went public and later sold it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Hope that CDC is a great deal maker.  BUT If it doesn't work out, there may have been some purposeful leaks by Urban's agent in an effort to get a pay raise at FOX.  

Texas isn't competing with Fox. That's how you know this Buckeye's mod is full of shit. 

Networks like Fox and ESPN aren't going to spend an insane amount of $ on Urban level talents because they can just get another coach for cheap. That's why these type gigs are almost always temporary for coaches.

2 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

it's not the money you are keeping from your wife but the details that she'll have it until it's a reality.  I'm an old fuck around here. I've had several careers. one was a long stint on wall street as an investment banker. I've advised companies from 100 million up to fortune 100 companies.  I've seen what leaks and loose lips do to deals. I left investment banking to start a company I took public with a client whose company I sold. We went public and later sold it. 

What do you think about cryptocurrency?

14 minutes ago, Rip76 said:

Funny.  If we step back for a second, (Sips some whiskey) and really think about this.  This may have all been done sometime back.  Back when no one would suspect a thing.  These last few weeks may be the attempt to get Urban’s guys.

We’re probably so late to the game.

spacer.png

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Why the fuck would we hire Pat Fitzgerald? We already had John Mackovic here once. He’s a mediocre coach at best. Are you a Northwestern fan hoping to get rid of him?

Fuck that!

Unless it's Texas letterman #81 TE Pat Fitzgerald who scored on a manly "I won't be denied!" run after pass reception TD at neuter-dumb in 1995. He's the only Pat Fitzgerald that matters.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

Oil and gas M&A?

25 minutes ago, ChemicalHorn said:

If we’re losing him I don’t think FOX has anything to do with it. They know they’re not gonna match the salary he’ll make coaching UT, so why up the one he has? Either he wants to coach again or he doesn’t. Don’t think an extra million a year is gonna make a whole hell of a lot of a difference.

My point was if for whatever reason Urban doesn't want or take the TEXAS job, a good agent will make sure to get him a raise at FOX.  I agree that the money will be considerably less at FOX compared to what TEXAS is offering him, but everyone likes a raise!! 😁

8 minutes ago, westexhorn said:

if CDC is worth his salt, that's exactly what i think took place.  Especially after reading the Florida to Ohio State timeline article just posted above.

That story you could just change some names and it sounds awfully familiar.  

BTW I made my profile gif.  I hope y'all approve.

• Hook 'Em 5

FWIW, I work in a legal office. My boss is GC and that guy has the best poker face on the planet. I have seen him on several occasions with all levels of information and audiences without even giving out a hint of knowing the details that people are asking/grilling him about. Just absolutely the best secret keeper I’ve ever known. Some people, especially at that level, just have that ability to hide the truth. 

Motherfucker’s reading comprehension is off the charts too, and if you’re reading this now, I promise I worked today! 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Saying you’re not ‘aggie’ and spelling aggy like that is like saying you don’t suck cock with a heavy lisp.  There’s nothing wrong with either - it’s just that you’re not fooling anybody.  

Is that really a thing? Like I should be spelling it aggy instead of aggie if I'm anti A&M? (serious question; they kind of sucked ass the whole time I was in Austin so OU is my real rival)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

I'm not as convinced as you but I stated my thinking above.  the lack of higher quality "no" leaks and the momentum of mainstream picking the story up is leading me to think it's a yes.  plan B would be leaking all over the place if he was a no.  I think it's more likely than not it's done and the waiting period until after KSU is too effing silent for everyone's comfort.  but think about it, if it's done, what else is there to do?  nothing but wait.  If he said no, it's full gear plan B.  that shit gets leaked no way it stays this quiet if it's a no.  maybe it's still a maybe but that seems kinda odd too.  He's going on a week plus a few months of knowing about this possibility.  he's not an indecisive man.

Agreed. Coupled with the poster below saying his BMD connection who “would know something” saying he’s not allowed to say anything leads me to believe it might be all but sealed and they’re letting the team make it through the K-State game before announcing anything.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, senorfussybutt said:

Is that really a thing? Like I should be spelling it aggy instead of aggie if I'm anti A&M? (serious question; they kind of sucked ass the whole time I was in Austin so OU is my real rival)

This is true for almost all of us.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

What do you think that restaurant could be worth?  1-3 million?  We'll give him money to open another.

Not more than $1M.  They are leasing a failed brew pub chain location(RAM Restaurant & Brewery), stopped brewing, and changed the menu.  

Most likely his involvement is getting a licensing fee for his name, and appearances in the restaurant, plus a percentage of the profits.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

3 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

My point was if for whatever reason Urban doesn't want or take the TEXAS job, a good agent will make sure to get him a raise at FOX.  I agree that the money will be considerably less at FOX compared to what TEXAS is offering him, but everyone likes a raise!! 😁

The problem is that we're not even sure if it's the same agent handling both after he and Armstrong split.

9 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

I'm extremely long crypto  see My crypto blog.  I have a quite a bit of BTC and a fair amount of ETH and some LINK and Tezos.  

Okay, you win.  I’m new here and haven’t seen you post before.  

Was honestly just trying to catch what I thought might be a McRib eating Surly Poor acting like they related to hiding 9 figure deals from their wife.  And honestly thought I’d be fucking with you with a crypto question and here you are with a blog on it.  

Edited by 40acredropout
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Overachiever sounds like.

just like to study, also went to seminary too Masters in Biblical Studies, yes I'm on surly with that in the bag. Inducted into an international academy for biblical scholars in 2009. No you can't have my name, that community will excommunicate me if my surly self is ever outed. Texas athletics exposes my humanity

Edited by alphahorn
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 40acredropout said:

Okay, you win.  I’m new here and haven’t seen you post before.  

Was honestly just trying to catch what I thought might be a McRib eating Surly Poor acting like they related to hiding 9 figure deals from their wife.  And honestly thought I’d be fucking with you with a crypto question and you and here you are with a blog on it.  

There’s a deep bench of bad asses on this board, it’s one of the main reasons to be here.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, El Squared said:

No, not a fan of ginger dolls, the picture frame is kinda kitschy, and there is red paint on the caulking, otherwise it’s passable.

Yeah, a lot of the stuff I have is museum framed. I bought some Russian impressionist paintings a long time ago that had similar frames so I just stuck with the style. As for the bourbon, the Stagg is top shelf but I personally like Eagle Rare better. I'm no connoisseur though.

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

I think Urban may make 1 mil a year with Fox?  We're offering 12.  So, let's pretend you make 100k a year and I've offered you a million a year.  Your boss comes back with 150k, best and final.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, alphahorn said:

Basically I was making a couple of points. I am giving CDC the benefit of the doubt that he knows what he's doing.  If he is a quality deal maker, then nothing would have become this publicly well known until IT WAS DONE.  If he's the AD equivalent of Herman as a coach, in other word mediocre, then this deal can blow up.  If it doesn't happen it's 100% on CDC.

We've had hundreds of posts about curtains and flight trackers. I'm not sure anything is actually known at this point. Didn't someone "confirm" that Eltife went to Columbus and then someone else "confirmed" that Meyer has been in Vegas for a couple of days? Everyone in Ohio has confirmed Meyer isn't interested and some random person at the HSB Marriot confirmed Meyer was staying there. 9.95ers are both making shit up and critical of CDC because of the rampant speculation. Sports radio seems to be reading Surly posts on air and we spent hours interpreting twitter squid emojis. No one knows a damn thing.  And its entertaining as hell.

Edited by Texasrocks
Spelling is hard.
  • Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

I do know, Herman and his agent aren't Fat Mack and Joe "Cut Your Balls Off and Shove Them in Your Mouth" Jamail.

Also it was the BMDs (not just Jamail) leaking shit all over the place that fucked it.  Also, you forget Tom is a protégé of that passive aggressive fuck.

Edited by PassiveAggressiveCoach

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

And gals right @Nicole44  ??

Yep.  Y’all are making me laugh. This has been crazy entertaining and selfishly I want it to continue for at least one more day. I’m one of the few gals on the board.  Somehow I have managed to last for seven years total (shaggy to surly). How I have no idea. But y’all need to keep up the excellent work. I love you guys! 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic