Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

Just now, closetohumping said:

I think Urban may make 1 mil a year with Fox?  We're offering 12.  So, let's pretend you make 100k a year and I've offered you a million a year.  Your boss comes back with 150k, best and final.  

Agree, Urban is loaded compared to most of us and will never have to work another day of his life, however, it would be difficult to pass up an opportunity to earn generational wealth.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

Yep.  Y’all are making me laugh. This has been crazy entertaining and selfishly I want it to continue for at least one more day. I’m one of the few gals on the board.  Somehow I have managed to last for seven years total (shaggy to surly). How I have no idea. But y’all need to keep up the excellent work. I love you guys! 

What is the creepiest message you’ve received in said seven years?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, 40acredropout said:

Okay, you win.  I’m new here and haven’t seen you post before.  

Was honestly just trying to catch what I thought might be a McRib eating Surly Poor acting like they related to hiding 9 figure deals from their wife.  And honestly thought I’d be fucking with you with a crypto question and here you are with a blog on it.  

I eat mcribs and I'm not a fucking poor

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

not sure what you're asking?

You're clearly a wealthy individual. Have you been simply watching from the sidelines while we money whip Urban or is your hat in the ring like it should be?

(Obviously I'm asking in jest)

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, senorfussybutt said:

Is that really a thing? Like I should be spelling it aggy instead of aggie if I'm anti A&M? (serious question; they kind of sucked ass the whole time I was in Austin so OU is my real rival)

This smells of desperation and sheep anus.

There is no possible way you went to UT and don’t know the proper was to spell aggy

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Texasrocks said:

We've have hundreds of posts about curtains and flight trackers. I'm not sure anything is actually known at this point. Didn't someone "confirm" that Eltife went to Columbus and then someone else "confirmed" that Meyer has been in Vegas for a couple of days? Everyone in Ohio has confirmed Meyer isn't interested and some random person at the HSB Marriot confirmed Meyer was staying there. 9.95ers are both making shit up and critical of CDC because of the rampant speculation. Sports radio seems to be reading Surly posts on air and we spent hours interpreting twitter squid emojis. No one knows a damn thing.  And its entertaining as hell.

You’re way understating known facts.  There’s a lot of smoke and silence too.  Smoke - meeting took place (verified serval times including mainstream), Meyer putting together a staff (verified serval times including mainstream), offer made (995ers and others). There are some contra indicators but credibility is highly suspect.  

balance that.

squids and curtains (it’s actually equally plausible he was in HDB in October) and flightaware with smiling ADs after losses make it fun but the credible sources are there.

3 minutes ago, Octavian said:

Our boy Larry going for the kill shot on Kirk’s career as a journalist:

https://mobile.twitter.com/RapGameSports33/status/1334708848909832192

oh boy dunk GIF

Reminds me of the weekend on the 06 tOSU/Texas game. I was downtown with my dad who was catching up with a couple of West Texas guys he went to UT with. They ended up playing a couple jort-wearing, mouthbreathing tOSU fans in pool and took them straight to the cleaners. The Buckeyes didn't seem to happy about it. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Also it was the BMDs (not just Jamail) leaking shit all over the place that fucked it.  Also, you forget Tom is a protégé of that passive aggressive fuck.

Also Tom Hicks in that interview linked on this or the CDC Y U NO thread said one of the BOR leaked shit that also derailed getting Saban. 

I think Urban may make 1 mil a year with Fox?  We're offering 12.  So, let's pretend you make 100k a year and I've offered you a million a year.  Your boss comes back with 150k, best and final.  
I doubt he is late on car payments. Current salary vs potential salary isn't an issue to him. It comes down to if he wants to coach again.

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

oh boy dunk GIF

Barton posted on Twitter a video of UM admitting they text.  Read the UF timeline UM denied tOSU multiple times over. Barton sent a text UM said not happening, fucker bought it hook line and sinker.  He’s not getting the final word to break the story either way.  That’s hilarious.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

just like to study, also went to seminary too Masters in Biblical Studies, yes I'm on surly with that in the bag. Inducted into an international academy for biblical scholars in 2009. No you can't have my name, that community will excommunicate me if my surly self is ever outed. Texas athletics exposes my humanity

ah, the struggle of being dual natured.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Honestly all we need to hear is....nothing. Nothing is good, quiet is good. Burger talk is good. Let me find some drunken clarity and lay it out.

-If Urban had said no, it would be out there from multiple people, damn near universal. Hell probably even a contract extension with fox

-Before he even says no, we would have heard serious interest in other candidates because there is NO way CDC will allow us to look like the morons that swung and missed AGAIN. No way will he let us look like the laughing stock. We won’t be caught flat footed that’s for DAMN sure

-meetings have happened and those people involved in the meetings allowed this information to be made public. Texas admin would not let that info be public if it would cost them UM, so that means UM is ok with that information being public

-UM would not like that information to be public, that he was meeting big brass over a job that is not currently open, if he was not SERIOUSLY considering it. As much as it might be a fuck you to Tom. No way he’s just wasting his time, Texas time and ruining future job prospects just to fuck with Tom

-Shelly would have probably shot something down by now but that is certainly not happening. If anyone was going to scuttle this, I thought it would be her

-Texas might have a quiet yes, but they don’t have a no. Sure it might be a maybe currently but when you look at the time line and when this has started a lot of those big questions should be checked off by now. Really the only hold ups I can see at this point are family (don’t think that’s an issue), health (real concern but I think that would have really been considered by now), optics (lol fuck you bucknuts not an issue), so really the only hold up I can see is staff

-we all know the Italian mafia he has but this is UM, he’s a pipe hitting mother fucker. Staff won’t be a problem to get some absolute studs. That said I’m sure he really wants his guys to really feel comfortable in this situation. Having some of those guys locked in really may be the hold up at this point (he may want more than just a nod and wink deal, at least a handshake) because it adds so many extra moving parts

-im going to pour a drink, refresh this thread, try to block out the noise especially from the people that want it scuttled, and wait for Herman to get fired. Because we aren’t going to get any clarity till we either hear a no, or Tom gets fired, we don’t hear a yes and we hear a lot more concrete names

old school GIF

I think getting his staff is a big deal to him and how easy it will be on his health.  I suspect that has been the biggest hold-up in all of this.

9 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Also it was the BMDs (not just Jamail) leaking shit all over the place that fucked it.  Also, you forget Tom is a protégé of that passive aggressive fuck.

Herman being an entitled prick of a fuccboi cannot be compared to the remaining juice that Mack and his national championship had. 

You also may be forgetting that Saban was employed as head coach at the time of all these rumors.  That's another reason why you really cant compare these two situations. 

Just now, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

@alphahorn put some ETH on it.  

We're in the beginning of a crypto bull market.  I'm holding every asset for a couple of years at least.  will convert XTZ and LINK into BTC and ETH eventually. I have an investment in Pantera's Digital Asset Fund where they invest in cryptos outside the top 12 that I can't focus on. Great Fund. Dan Morehead is an old Tiger guy runs a great fund.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, troph said:

Barton posted on Twitter a video of UM admitting they text.  Read the UF timeline UM denied tOSU multiple times over. Barton sent a text UM said not happening, fucker bought it hook line and sinker.  He’s not getting the final word to break the story either way.  That’s hilarious.

I caught that, too. 

2 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Herman being an entitled prick of a fuccboi cannot be compared to the remaining juice that Mack and his national championship had. 

You also may be forgetting that Saban was employed as head coach at the time of all these rumors.  That's another reason why you really cant compare these two situations. 

And BMD were split so they had reason to jockey for position in the rumor mill. And JJ was alive. 

1 minute ago, alphahorn said:

We're in the beginning of a crypto bull market.  I'm holding every asset for a couple of years at least.  will convert XTZ and LINK into BTC and ETH eventually. I have an investment in Pantera's Digital Asset Fund where they invest in cryptos outside the top 12 that I can't focus on. Great Fund. Dan Morehead is an old Tiger guy runs a great fund.

Margin trade that shit brah.  Although that's getting tougher to do.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic