Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

15 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Yep.  Y’all are making me laugh. This has been crazy entertaining and selfishly I want it to continue for at least one more day. I’m one of the few gals on the board.  Somehow I have managed to last for seven years total (shaggy to surly). How I have no idea. But y’all need to keep up the excellent work. I love you guys! 

the messages you must get have to have you getting calls from the FBI.

• Haha 1

None have been creepy. Back on surly when we could comment with the rep a few weird remarks but mostly the pms I get are always nice. And funny. If I can’t hack being called a bitch, slut, cunt, sugar tits, sex toy, fuckable,  and whatever else I shouldn’t post here. The show me your tits and make me a sandwich were a given. That’s why my brother (who posts here) was like god no. Don’t do it. I’m glad I did. This site rocks. 

Yeah...we still haven’t gotten that sandwich.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think getting his staff is a big deal to him and how easy it will be on his health.  I suspect that has been the biggest hold-up in all of this.

Haven’t really seen this brought up, but these “core four” staff members are key players in a team currently trying to make the playoffs. They aren’t sitting behind a Fox desk, their statements/rumors have actual consequences at this point. They might genuinely have no interest in leaving, but they are going to deny all rumors at this point no matter what.

Edit: Also, this Barton cat might be the type to break the news if Urban told us to fuck off at the beginning, but if we are at the point where CDC/Hartzell have been involved then Urban ain’t giving this intel to a low-level blogger.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, alphahorn said:

We're in the beginning of a crypto bull market.  I'm holding every asset for a couple of years at least.  will convert XTZ and LINK into BTC and ETH eventually. I have an investment in Pantera's Digital Asset Fund where they invest in cryptos outside the top 12 that I can't focus on. Great Fund. Dan Morehead is an old Tiger guy runs a great fund.

I know a lot about crypto, you got some fairly deep pockets if you are in the Pantera fund. They don't just let anyone in there. I took a 30x long on BTC when it broke 4200 and got scared and sold after 15 minutes. Would have made a fortune if I held onto it.

Ok, so there's something nobody has mentioned about things going dead.  Considering that it is well known that UM wants his guys to come with him, and his guys are all currently working at Ohio St, who happens to still be in the hunt for a playoff spot, perhaps he's attempting to provide some cover to his guys as long as he can as a professional courtesy.  People asking them about possible future jobs at Texas, while trying to prepare for important games would be a bit of a distraction that nobody wants at this point.  If Texas knows that UM is in, Texas can wait however long it takes for everything to play out. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Just now, 40acredropout said:

Really, Surly?  That's all?  

I’m sure there’s a lot more. Just all I could come up with after reading another 60 pages of this thread. So are the squid and rapgamelarry the new Jesus? Oh shit that’s @immamac he’s Jesus. And he can read our pms. I’m going to hell. Where’s the whisky/whiskey/bourbon stuff? 

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Haven’t really seen this brought up, but these “core four” staff members are key players in a team currently trying to make the playoffs. They aren’t sitting behind a Fox desk, their statements/rumors have actual consequences at this point. They might genuinely have no interest in leaving, but they are going to deny all rumors at this point.

I feel those guys won’t come and Meyer won’t try to pull them until after Ohio states season is deemed over. Guess we will see what the playoff committee does. 

2 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Haven’t really seen this brought up, but these “core four” staff members are key players in a team currently trying to make the playoffs. They aren’t sitting behind a Fox desk, their statements/rumors have actual consequences at this point. They might genuinely have no interest in leaving, but they are going to deny all rumors at this point.

Shit!  I just brought this up too.

10 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

None have been creepy. Back on surly when we could comment with the rep a few weird remarks but mostly the pms I get are always nice. And funny. If I can’t hack being called a bitch, slut, cunt, sugar tits, sex toy, fuckable,  and whatever else I shouldn’t post here. The show me your tits and make me a sandwich were a given. That’s why my brother (who posts here) was like god no. Don’t do it. I’m glad I did. This site rocks. 

you know the appropriate thing to do is screen shot the messages and post them here.  You know that's the right thing to do.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

I know a lot about crypto, you got some fairly deep pockets if you are in the Pantera fund. They don't just let anyone in there. I took a 30x long on BTC when it broke 4200 and got scared and sold after 15 minutes. Would have made a fortune if I held onto it.

follow my blog and shoot me comments/questions if you like I'll be happy to give you my thoughts. Not always right, but more right than wrong.  I also have a stock blog that is behind a paywall.  I have hedge fund and high net worth individual clients  alphahorn.com  occasionally I have it up for the public.

Edited by alphahorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, markstanco said:
21 minutes ago, closetohumping said:
I think Urban may make 1 mil a year with Fox?  We're offering 12.  So, let's pretend you make 100k a year and I've offered you a million a year.  Your boss comes back with 150k, best and final.  

I doubt he is late on car payments. Current salary vs potential salary isn't an issue to him. It comes down to if he wants to coach again.

And from all accounts, it seems like he would want to.  Said this on page 37 or 39, whatever, but the thing about rich people, they're rarely content.  They like money of course, but they can't sit still and always are up for the next challenge.  And 60 million would probably at least double Urbans net worth.  At least.  So, maybe it's the cyst if he says no?  Or CDC is a mouth breather.  Fleshing this out, I kind of feel like Urban has been a yes for a while.

6 minutes ago, 40acredropout said:

Really, Surly?  That's all?  

Most of the people on here are pretty decent, they just need an outlet for their raunchy humor. While there some standard misogyny, most people around here like women.

Then, there are people like VAPA and TxTow....

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

well Bitmex would've fucked you anyway.

5 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

Speaking of. Is your avatar from the L word? Chick on the right looks like one of the ladies on there. Asking for Surly

First lesbian billboard ad, in the UK was a major positive representation at a time when it was still dicey to be out.  https://www.google.com/amp/s/i-d.vice.com/amp/en_au/article/nenb5w/the-kiss-15-years-on-meet-the-models-and-creators-behind-the-iconic-image

3 minutes ago, Hairy Biped said:

Ok, so there's something nobody has mentioned about things going dead.  Considering that it is well known that UM wants his guys to come with him, and his guys are all currently working at Ohio St, who happens to still be in the hunt for a playoff spot, perhaps he's attempting to provide some cover to his guys as long as he can as a professional courtesy.  People asking them about possible future jobs at Texas, while trying to prepare for important games would be a bit of a distraction that nobody wants at this point.  If Texas knows that UM is in, Texas can wait however long it takes for everything to play out. 

Would jibve with him publicly talking about Cincinnati having a better resume than OSU for the playoffs. 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Summer 2014, right before my (first) senior year.  Found my shitfaced self at the Contigo bar receiving an unsolicited pitch from a hipster tech type on how I should put whatever I had into Bitcoin.  I took a look, and realized I had the funds to buy exactly 1.0 bitcoin (not a very good humblebrag).  I passed.  Timing wasn't right :/

Edited by 40acredropout

2 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

follow my blog and shoot me comments/questions if you like I'll be happy to give you my thoughts. Not always right, but more right than wrong.  I also have a stock blog that is behind a paywall.  I have hedge fund and high net worth individual clients  alphahorn.com  occasionally I have it up for the public.

my question is did Christian Bale do a good job playing you in the big short?

• Haha 2

Kirk probably sent a text to UM and UM said not going to Texas. He did the same thing when going to tOSU these dumb nuts are gullible to the ninth degree.  Barton ain’t getting the scoop before anyone else ain’t happening.

Can you point me to the article that talks about urban denying tOSU to people around him?

14 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

IDK if you think you're special but all of those things have been said to me.  In one message

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

you know the appropriate thing to do is screen shot the messages and post them here.  You know that's the right thing to do.

Lol. I was just thinking, 15,000+ posts and I don't think I've ever flamed anyone over a DM here. I just do that on the board for everyone to see and then try and not think about all the shit I have on record here.

16 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

So you're telling me that you decided to join Surly in spite of your brother AND now ex-husband being Surly members?

Shocked Wide Eyes GIF - Shocked WideEyes News - Discover & Share GIFs

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

why do I feel like I'm going to end up buying a timeshare from you and think it is going to be a great idea?

BTW I bookmarked your page.  I am not an Elliot Wave guy but if your TA is good who cares how you get there.

I think maybe, after digesting all of this, that the BMD’s don’t know shit either. Maybe a select 1-2. CDC probably told them he was going elephant hunting, got a commitment for X amount of dollars, and then told them to keep their traps shut then hung up the phone.

I’m inclined to think we have a yes. If it was a no, we’d already know that by now and, as mentioned previously, we’d be on to plan B. We’re not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2 minutes ago, troph said:

First lesbian billboard ad, in the UK was a major positive representation at a time when it was still dicey to be out.  https://www.google.com/amp/s/i-d.vice.com/amp/en_au/article/nenb5w/the-kiss-15-years-on-meet-the-models-and-creators-behind-the-iconic-image

This thread has gotten strangely wholesome over the past few pages. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

my question is did Christian Bale do a good job playing you in the big short?

LOL, I was a huge victim of the big short, long story, but I was in seminary when things went south and I had a guy at Lehman managing quite a bit of my money.  didn't end well. But Michael Burry is a good guy.  He's predicting passive investments will really crash the market.  It happened a bit earlier this year. But the big one might still be to come.

Edited by alphahorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

why do I feel like I'm going to end up buying a timeshare from you and think it is going to be a great idea?

BTW I bookmarked your page.  I am not an Elliot Wave guy but if your TA is good who cares how you get there.

don't ever buy a timeshare from anyone!

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic