Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

3 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Sorry but long post incoming as I need to type this shit out to clear my mind.  Let's just say I have been part of coaching searches before in a previous life.  Let's walk through the real time line that has occurred.  First we have to assume that CDC know what the fuck he is doing.  I am willing to go with that for now.  If that is the case then at some point during the year CDC realized that Herman sucks as a football coach and needed to go (not sure when he came to this conclusion but it happened).  At this point any good AD is going to figure out who the best option is and reach out.  He won't reach out directly to the coach but pick up the phone and call that coaches agent.  In this scenario, CDC decided the obvious coach to go try and get is Urban so he picks up the phone and tells Urban's agent that he is going to be making a change and Urban is the number one choice if he is interested.  The agent will then say let me check with my client to see if he is interested in coaching again.  At this point if Urban isn't interested he tells his agent to tell CDC thanks but I am happy where I am at.  End of story and on to Plan B.  That apparently did not happen so we have to assume that Meyers agent came back and said, "my guy is interested".  Now CDC either gives the agent the number that UT is looking to pay or says to the agent, "what is it going to take".  The agent discusses numbers with Urban and comes back with what they want.  We apparently agreed to the finances.  CDC would then ask the agent what else Urban needs and that is where Urban, through his agent, tells us he needs total control of the football program, money for key assistants, new facilities, hookers and blow, whatever.  It looks like CDC ran that by Hartzell/Regents and he let Urban's agent know we agree to that also.   During all of this the only way this leaks is if CDC went to some BMD's to get the cash and they went out leaked the information.  I am not sure that happened this time.  Maybe it did but it doesn't seem like that happened.  All parties are on the same page and then they agree to meet.  This is where you have CDC, Hartzell, East TX regent fly to meet with Urban, his wife and his agent.  I find it hard to believe all of this information is leaking if Urban hasn't already agreed to the deal.  Maybe he had a last minute change of heart but at this point of the negotiations its a done deal.  All that is left is the planning and timing of announcing firings and hiring's which is where we are at.  Now if it didn't go down this way then CDC fucked it up and should be on the same train out of Austin as Herman but I really don't think he did.

sounds somewhat familiar

Edited by alphahorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Sorry but long post incoming as I need to type this shit out to clear my mind.  Let's just say I have been part of coaching searches before in a previous life.  Let's walk through the real time line that has occurred.  First we have to assume that CDC know what the fuck he is doing.  I am willing to go with that for now.  If that is the case then at some point during the year CDC realized that Herman sucks as a football coach and needed to go (not sure when he came to this conclusion but it happened).  At this point any good AD is going to figure out who the best option is and reach out.  He won't reach out directly to the coach but pick up the phone and call that coaches agent.  In this scenario, CDC decided the obvious coach to go try and get is Urban so he picks up the phone and tells Urban's agent that he is going to be making a change and Urban is the number one choice if he is interested.  The agent will then say let me check with my client to see if he is interested in coaching again.  At this point if Urban isn't interested he tells his agent to tell CDC thanks but I am happy where I am at.  End of story and on to Plan B.  That apparently did not happen so we have to assume that Meyers agent came back and said, "my guy is interested".  Now CDC either gives the agent the number that UT is looking to pay or says to the agent, "what is it going to take".  The agent discusses numbers with Urban and comes back with what they want.  We apparently agreed to the finances.  CDC would then ask the agent what else Urban needs and that is where Urban, through his agent, tells us he needs total control of the football program, money for key assistants, new facilities, hookers and blow, whatever.  It looks like CDC ran that by Hartzell/Regents and he let Urban's agent know we agree to that also.   During all of this the only way this leaks is if CDC went to some BMD's to get the cash and they went out leaked the information.  I am not sure that happened this time.  Maybe it did but it doesn't seem like that happened.  All parties are on the same page and then they agree to meet.  This is where you have CDC, Hartzell, East TX regent fly to meet with Urban, his wife and his agent.  I find it hard to believe all of this information is leaking if Urban hasn't already agreed to the deal.  Maybe he had a last minute change of heart but at this point of the negotiations its a done deal.  All that is left is the planning and timing of announcing firings and hiring's which is where we are at.  Now if it didn't go down this way then CDC fucked it up and should be on the same train out of Austin as Herman but I really don't think he did.

How does this fit into the happy hour plans?  We either have fuck CDC or we love CDC cookies?

That’s a lot of words to say Urban to Texas confirmed. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Found Squid

• Haha 1

Yeah that’s basically it, maybe HSB in October maybe not, maybe HSB this week maybe not, meeting this week in LA maybe Columbus but the facts are there and highly credible and verified now.  Assuming yes isn’t hard with staff picks and meetings and verified sources - so tell me how the information we have says no?  Right now it’s just not there.  It could be a maybe, but just or more likely it’s done. 

4 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Ok I read it. Ya that’s pretty much what I said a couple pages back. Doesn’t get this far without hearing a firm no or just silence..we are at the silence stage which is very very good IMO

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

paragraphs you sick bastard.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

Sorry but long post incoming as I need to type this shit out to clear my mind. 

Let's just say I have been part of coaching searches before in a previous life.  Let's walk through the real time line that has occurred.  First we have to assume that CDC know what the fuck he is doing.  I am willing to go with that for now.  If that is the case then at some point during the year CDC realized that Herman sucks as a football coach and needed to go (not sure when he came to this conclusion but it happened).  At this point any good AD is going to figure out who the best option is and reach out.  He won't reach out directly to the coach but pick up the phone and call that coaches agent.

<p>

In this scenario, CDC decided the obvious coach to go try and get is Urban, so he picks up the phone and tells Urban's agent that he is going to be making a change and Urban is the number one choice if he is interested.  The agent will then say let me check with my client to see if he is interested in coaching again.  At this point if Urban isn't interested he tells his agent to tell CDC thanks but I am happy where I am at.  End of story and on to Plan B. 

<paragraph>

That apparently did not happen so we have to assume that Meyers agent came back and said, "my guy is interested".  Now CDC either gives the agent the number that UT is looking to pay or says to the agent, "what is it going to take".  The agent discusses numbers with Urban and comes back with what they want.  We apparently agreed to the finances.  CDC would then ask the agent what else Urban needs and that is where Urban, through his agent, tells us he needs total control of the football program, money for key assistants, new facilities, hookers and blow, whatever.  It looks like CDC ran that by Hartzell/Regents and he let Urban's agent know we agree to that also.   

<FUCKING PARAGRAPH>

During all of this the only way this leaks is if CDC went to some BMD's to get the cash and they went out leaked the information.  I am not sure that happened this time.  Maybe it did but it doesn't seem like that happened.  All parties are on the same page and then they agree to meet.  This is where you have CDC, Hartzell, East TX regent fly to meet with Urban, his wife and his agent.  I find it hard to believe all of this information is leaking if Urban hasn't already agreed to the deal.  Maybe he had a last minute change of heart but at this point of the negotiations its a done deal.  All that is left is the planning and timing of announcing firings and hiring's which is where we are at.  Now if it didn't go down this way then CDC fucked it up and should be on the same train out of Austin as Herman but I really don't think he did.

the only bricks allowed on this board are the ones futureman will pull out of his own ass this sunday.

30 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

A big cooler full of booze, chairs in a circle 6ft apart with a fire pit in the middle in Zilker, hand sanitizer and a bunch of drunk Surly’s what could go wrong??

Well it starts innocent enough with Wooderson creeping on the girl with the red afro while the rest of us climb the moontower. But then that macho motherfucker Clint shows up to drink some beer and kick some ass and everything goes downhill when the beer runs out.  Next thing you know we’re all getting busted at a joint subcommittee meeting on the 50 yard line. 

Edited by Your Mom

15 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

A big cooler full of booze, chairs in a circle 6ft apart with a fire pit in the middle in Zilker, hand sanitizer and a bunch of drunk Surly’s what could go wrong??

Well it starts innocent enough with the Wooderson creeping on the girl with the red afro. But then the stoner guy who showed up to drink some beer and k

1 minute ago, El Squared said:

Looks like the rollercoaster leveled off and started climbing a bit since alphahorn reset the discussion a couple hours ago.

There were a lot of us after work folks saying the same thing at the same time once we got a handle on the day’s lack of news. Dudes freaking out over a police evader loose lips Twitter whore showing off his texting buddy UM and then the sky was falling. That guy don’t get shit for inside info. 

9 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

A lot of words to say we are on step 7.

image.png

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I'm sold. Put Urban in the calculator.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Better than Penthouse.

car sliding GIF

• Haha 1

Not sure if it's already been speculated on here, but I'm thinking rapgamelarry and/or squidward may be connected to Urban's agent.  I'm sure the agent has a number of clients in various sports so that might explain the eclectic mix of sporting history in rapgamelarry's twitter.  It would also explain why he's never posted anything of note about Texas in the past but now suddenly has knowledge of this deal and seems absolutely certain about it.  Urban and Shelley may blow smoike up everyone else's ass, but the one entity that will absolutely know what Urban is going to do is his agent.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Even my wife thinks that painting is fucked up. 

Poor Bevo! Posts picture of liquor. No one cares. People only interested in whatever fucked up crazy ass shit is happening in the painting. So surly. Guy posts a picture of a McRib On his computer from 2008. People only notice the computer. Y’all are deadly with the details and the tracking/stalking/finding out info on people. Well done! Surly is back! Fuck ya! It really is back. I hope it stays that way! About fucking time. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

Poor Bevo! Posts picture of liquor. No one cares. People only interested in whatever fucked up crazy ass shit is happening in the painting. So surly. Guy posts a picture of a McRib On his computer from 2008. People only notice the computer. Y’all are deadly with the details and the tracking/stalking/finding out info on people. Well done! Surly is back! Fuck ya! It really is back. I hope it stays that way! About fucking time. 

Uh I posted a pic of a gun on my laptop and they fixated on the fabric measure. Like who does that?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, nunna yo bizness said:

Not sure if it's already been speculated on here, but I'm thinking rapgamelarry and/or squidward may be connected to Urban's agent.  I'm sure the agent has a number of clients in various sports so that might explain the eclectic mix of sporting history in rapgamelarry's twitter.  It would also explain why he's never posted anything of note about Texas in the past but now suddenly has knowledge of this deal and seems absolutely certain about it.  Urban and Shelley may blow smoike up everyone else's ass, but the one entity that will absolutely know what Urban is going to do is his agent.

RGL is an HP cat iirc. Guessing he has some money connects (i.e. connects with money that have program ties).

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Who doesn’t enjoy exploiting vulnerabilities?

Message boards would be dead without them. 

Football is great but our real favorite sport is judging.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nunna yo bizness said:

I don't think so for the same reason that fuck nut Buckeye doesn't really no shit either.  Agents only leak stuff like this on purpose.  I think all of these people from Larry to squid to the guy that is going to fist himself on national TV next week basically pick a side of the story and stick with it so they can say they were right if it happens the way they say it would.  If it doesn't they just say my source was wrong or there was a last second change.  Same goes for the 9.5ers.  They are fed info on purpose but someone in Belmont isn't calling Chip Brown and telling him hey we got Urban you should start spreading the news.  

1 minute ago, El Squared said:

Who doesn’t enjoy exploiting vulnerabilities?

Message boards would be dead without them. 

Football is great but our real favorite sport is judging.

I had someone here judge my mom's bedspread recently. Can't make it up.

6 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Literally nothing has happened all day

A lot of shit happened here though and on various osu websites.  

5 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Also, I saw his squirt bottle was out of the lotions. 

• Fuck You 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic