Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

There is stuff with Meyer that hasn't come out that would make this thread such a terrible idea that it never would have been posted.

That's good.  We'll need that moral high ground to make us all feel better when he's pushing our shit in at OU in a couple of years.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Again, we have a guy on staff that was neck deep in systemic rape coverup.

to be clear, you don’t want Meyer because of Zach smith? That’s what’s preventing you from being ok with a coach that’s won national championship ships in multiple stops?

This comment assumes I’m ok with the shit we have now. There is a world where I disapprove of what we have and also want to fight for a further sliding of morals. And I tell the athletic department that at every fucking opportunity. So yeah. I have a fucking problem. 

you people should be pissed about horny and vocal to the ad department, and against further erosion. Instead the attitude is “well fuck it let’s we are dirty let’s get dirtier.” 

fuck that. 

• Like 4

This thread is embarrassing. Everyone here pro urban might as well be pro Briles. I’d rather suck at football forever and move on with my life then spend the rest of it equivocating that we’re different from Penn St and Baylor. And to be clear Saban is not the same level of price of shit as Meyer.   Dirty and ok with sexual assault of women aren’t the same. 

You are the quintessential loser who's afraid of winning. Get lost.
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 4

Yeah dude. I agree. You clearly don’t know that I’m number one on the Horny is a POS and Herman is responsible for that embarrassment train. And I tell everyone that at every opportunity. You might be shocked to see the correlation between that and me not wanting Meyer. It’s almost like those two things are indicative of a moral code or something.
pay riley 10 million. I’m all for getting someone who wins. But not seeing my soul. 
Then let's do one or the other. We aren't doing either and we suck. I'd prefer be clean and do it the right way, but we aren't even doing that. So if that is the case, let's fucking win.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bevo VIII said:

Meanwhile a well coached Baylor team that was 1-11 a few years ago is going up 21-3 on ousux

Fucking Baylor, who went from light years better than us, all the way down to 1 and 11, and all the way back to light years better than us.  All while we've been finding new ways to shit the bed.  GOD DAMN I'm so glad our coaches are nice people though!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

There are two coaches for which I would fire anyone in the country if the chance exhibited to hire them and Urban Meyer is one of them.  And I really don’t have a problem with Herman, but the resumes of the two coaches I’m speaking of are that undeniable.    

Who's the other? 

This comment assumes I’m ok with the shit we have now. There is a world where I disapprove of what we have and also want to fight for a further sliding of morals. And I tell the athletic department that at every fucking opportunity. So yeah. I have a fucking problem.    you people should be pissed about horny and vocal to the ad department, and against further erosion. Instead the attitude is “well fuck it let’s we are dirty let’s get dirtier.”   

fuck that. 

You are either a piece of shit or you aren't. I'd like to not be a piece of shit. But if we are going to play that game, then fucking win while doing it. No reason to do it and still suck. I'd prefer we don't do it - It is part of what makes me a proud graduate of UT. But no reason to do shit that makes me less proud (like Herman and Horney) and not get the benefit of winning. Right now we're doing both.    

2 minutes ago, Smax said:
On 10/26/2019 at 6:17 PM, perfectchaos007 said:
PJ Fleck is a good option, and he has now proven to be successful at the P5 level

Weve tried up and comers now twice and its been a failure. We need a proven commodity

Bingo. Texas is a beast and you need the best to tame the beast. I get tired of hearing how easy it should be to win there. Frankly I think it's probably harder because of all the noise that comes with coaching there. You need someone like Urban or Nick. Someone's who's used to it. Just my opinion.

• Fuck You 1

Alabama is squeaky clean.

So is Clemson.

UGA is headed up by a Saban pupil y'all reckon they're a bunch of angels too?

The Ogre has always been sketchy on the recruiting trail.

Franklin wasn't involved in anything sketchy at Vandy.

For those of you believing Herman is some kind of angel he's not, pull your heads out of your collective asses. He was best friends with Zach fucking Smith, the same goof y'all constantly laugh at. The only difference between Herman and those other coaches is that they actually you know.....fucking win football games? If Herman's dirt became public y'all wouldn't want anything to do with him because he's scum and he sucks as a football coach.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

this is a much better suggestion than urban meyer.

How so? Not saying you’re wrong, but just curious to know why you feel that way? Because he doesn’t have any stink on him, or because you think he’s actually a better coach/recruiter and he’d be able to handle these expectations? It isn’t a bad suggestion, but he’s been rumored to literally every NFL job with a coach that’s about to get fired. I think that’s where he ends up.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

Just now, MrPhlegm said:
On 10/26/2019 at 6:25 PM, BigOrange1 said:
fuck this bullshit.  i'm as pissed as anyone but lets not become baylor.

so you dont like undefeated seasons?

Hell no!  We like MORAL victories.  I hear Ken Hatfield is still alive.  That's the man we need to run this program the right way.

There is stuff with Meyer that hasn't come out that would make this thread such a terrible idea that it never would have been posted. 
I'm fine with being dirty to win in some senses (like Alabama) but not like the stuff Meyer has done. 

Well if we're playing this game then there may be stuff with Mensa that when it comes out will make the CFB world shit a collective brick

... probably that he was never a Mensa member after all.

11 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

This comment assumes I’m ok with the shit we have now. There is a world where I disapprove of what we have and also want to fight for a further sliding of morals. And I tell the athletic department that at every fucking opportunity. So yeah. I have a fucking problem. 

you people should be pissed about horny and vocal to the ad department, and against further erosion. Instead the attitude is “well fuck it let’s we are dirty let’s get dirtier.” 

fuck that. 

The only assumption I’m making is that your line in the sand would move if we were winning big. I don’t think there’s much daylight between Urban and Herman.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, austintiger said:

Then you can sit on your hands and watch Oklahoma grab him when Riley leaves this year and make Herman his bitch every year. That's what you're facing if you don't dump Tom this year.

Yes because if Baylor keeps rolling like this tonight, Riley may be checked out already.

9 minutes ago, Chad said:

Alabama is squeaky clean.

So is Clemson.

UGA is headed up by a Saban pupil y'all reckon they're a bunch of angels too?

The Ogre has always been sketchy on the recruiting trail.

Franklin wasn't involved in anything sketchy at Vandy.

For those of you believing Herman is some kind of angel he's not, pull your heads out of your collective asses. He was best friends with Zach fucking Smith, the same goof y'all constantly laugh at. The only difference between Herman and those other coaches is that they actually you know.....fucking win football games? If Herman's dirt became public y'all wouldn't want anything to do with him because he's scum and he sucks as a football coach.

44 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I'm fine with being dirty to win in some senses (like Alabama) but not like the stuff Meyer has done. 

All of this

• Like 1

Need a proven guy to spark the program, even if it was just for a few years to set a foundation.  Feel free to start naming proven coaches that could do the job.

I'm sick of losing and we have put ourselves in a terrible spot. I wouldnt mind seeing what Urban could do with our team and incoming QBs. He would definantly be able to keep our recruiting class together

Some of you need to get off you high horse, I bet most of you have done some sick ass shit and you're in here acting like ur all saints

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Colonel Mustard said:

Need a proven guy to spark the program, even if it was just for a few years to set a foundation.  Feel free to start naming proven coaches that could do the job.

I'm sick of losing and we have put ourselves in a terrible spot. I wouldnt mind seeing what Urban could do with our team and incoming QBs. He would definantly be able to keep our recruiting class together

Some of you need to get off you high horse, I bet most of you have done some sick ass shit and you're in here acting like ur all saints

When I was freshman I was behind the bar pouring beers and this chick that was probably one of the worst people on the planet came up and demanded a beer. I pissed in a cup and then topped it off with beer.

i’m cool with Urban.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

When I was freshman I was behind the bar pouring beers and this chick that was probably one of the worst people on the planet came up and demanded a beer. I pissed in a cup and then topped it off with beer.

i’m cool with Urban.

You’re horrible.

i did that at a party to some freshman who was drunk and ordered me to get him a beer. It’s crazy how they don’t notice...

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Well,  this post is aging well

It's a dumb premise to begin with anyways. If we're wanting to win championships, why hire a guy who only knows how to win A championship?

And spare me, "dur, I'd take that over this" bs because that's not the point. And I thought we wanted a better defense? You know you ain't getting that shit with an air raid. 

53 minutes ago, Colonel Mustard said:

This right here. We can’t get a Rhule or Campbell because we’d have another “transition class” and likely a bunch of transfers leaving the next guy with huge roster holes (sound familiar).  After he wins 6-8 the first 3 years, we’ll be calling for his head too. 
Urban (or someone like him...not sure who else has his resume?) would come in with some excitement and keep the recruiting class (if not strengthen it) and would actually use the portal in our favor.  
In the long run, a Rhule or Campbell are the better option, but Texas fans aren’t in it for the long run. 

Edited by EZ$

2 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

This right here. We can’t get a Rhule or Campbell because we’d have another “transition class” and likely a bunch of transfers leaving the next guy with huge roster holes (sound familiar).  After he wins 6-8 the first 3 years, we’ll be calling for his head too. 
Urban (or someone like him...not sure who else has his resume?) would come in with some excitement and keep the recruiting class (if not strengthen it) and would actually use the portal in our favor.  
In the long run, a Rhule or Campbell are the better option, but Texas fans aren’t in it for the long run. 

Urban would certainly boost the recruiting.

So what are Urban’s transgressions? Seriously asking...

1) “retired” on 2 teams (critical take: left his team high and dry due to mysterious health issue)

2) had a bunch of players that got arrested at Florida after they won a couple of titles (Mack had one of those off seasons, no?)

3) kept Zach Smith on staff after knowing about his arrest (is that accurate?)

is there anything else I’m missing?

4 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

I don't know Rhule went from losing to G5's in his first year to running the table in the Big 12 within 2 years. I would sit around for that kind of transition.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic