Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Texas Football is too classy to be soiled by the likes of Urban Meyer. All that winning would make fans go crazy.

Urban is too scary!! I just want the kids to have a good time and not be around that big bad scary man. Remember, "We're Texas"....Whatever that means in 2020.

2 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

God damn I’m so happy this thread was bumped. I can’t stress this enough. I DONT CARE ABOUT MORALS IF WE WIN. I’m past that point now. It’s been a decade. At this point, whatever it takes 

Morals in high school football? Sure. But morals in the NCAA? Blasphemy. NCAA itself is dirty as fuck. Football and basketball in college are dirty as hell.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Morals in high school football? Sure. But morals in the NCAA? Blasphemy. NCAA itself is dirty as fuck. Football and basketball in college are dirty as hell.

But he’s the dirtiest of the dirty coaches. Even if that were true, which i doubt he is... And what?! Who gives a fuck. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

16 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

But he’s the dirtiest of the dirty coaches. Even if that were true, which i doubt he is... And what?! Who gives a fuck. 

No one is dirtier than Paterno and Briles. Those 2 harbored rapists and pedo rapists. That shit goes beyond football. I don't care about being dirty in the game of football as in violations. And I don't care if the players get in trouble off the field. We had that here under Mack and no one cared. Because we were winning.

Lol. I want Urbs as much as anyone but you are all nuts if you think UT would ever hire him. It’s been made painfully, obviously clear over the past decade or so that we are not a football university. I appreciate that our school keeps the value of my degree high, but the trade off is we will never be an Alabama type program. Urban does not match the perceived “culture” of our “forward thinking” university. You guys are setting yourself up for disappointment. We will keep Herman another couple years, hire some middle of the road non-proven coach and repeat. 

1 minute ago, EE2B said:

Umm who is better than Urban that is attainable? I’ll wait.

Idk, it's hard to tell these things from afar. Ohio State has looked better since getting Day though. Fields has a lot to do with that, but still.

Most of my tOSU diehard friends were ready for Urban to go.

2 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Idk, it's hard to tell these things from afar. Ohio State has looked better since getting Day though. Fields has a lot to do with that, but still.

Most of my tOSU diehard friends were ready for Urban to go.

Urban played in a better conference and put up much better results. He had an occasional hiccup against a shit team such as Purdue, but he didn't have 2-3 of them every single fucking year. Ohio St has been relevant, Texas has been a damn laughing stock.

1 minute ago, Chad said:

Urban played in a better conference and put up much better results. He had an occasional hiccup against a shit team such as Purdue, but he didn't have 2-3 of them every single fucking year. Ohio St has been relevant, Texas has been a damn laughing stock.

Herman is not a championship level coach, I fully believe that.

Urban would bring us to a higher level, but idk if he gets us back to where we think we should be.

F'k Urban--he quit twice.  TWICE.  When he couldn't beat Saban he quit--fact.  I'm fine with another coach but Urban quit.  The one thing Urban brings is competent coaching.  He has an eye for talented coaches and would absolutely find coaches that could develop players.  Can't say about the Pac and Big 10 since they're not playing.  I'm done with Herman and his circle of acquaintances.   Bring Urban in as a consultant.

Edited by Mdhorn

11 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

F'k Urban--he quit twice.  TWICE.  When he couldn't beat Saban he quit--fact.  I'm fine with another coach but Urban quit.  The one thing Urban brings is competent coaching.  He has an eye for talented coaches and would absolutely find coaches that could develop players.  Can't say about the Pac and Big 10 since they're not playing.  I'm done with Herman and his circle of acquaintances.   Bring Urban in as a consultant.

Fuck that. Bring him in as a CEO head coach if need be, but even that way we'd be miles ahead of this shit.

That said, the only way Herman gets fired is if we lose like 8 games. Of course, the season's still young, so....

At Ohio State 

12 minutes ago, Chad said:

Screenshot-2020-10-03-Urban-Meyer-Wikipe

The talent gap between Ohio State and Michigan is pretty big. The talent gap between Michigan and the rest of the B1G is also pretty big.

We recruit a little better than OU overall, but everyone in the conference can score in bunches. This is the same guy who has hired Tim Beck, Ed Warriner, and Steve Addazio to be OCs. He's also got the same issues with hiring his buddies and retaining them. Urban also runs that outdated offense. His recruiting is top notch though. 

I'm concerned that he'd be our Jimbo.

33 minutes ago, Atticus said:

We can do better than Urban Meyer. He'd maybe make a solid transition coach, but he's past his prime.

It's clear Herman isn't the guy though

You can make an argument Meyer is a top 10 head coach and would be a top 5 head coach all time if saban didn’t exist. You’re not finding a living college football coach better than urban Meyer.

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Herman is not a championship level coach, I fully believe that.

Urban would bring us to a higher level, but idk if he gets us back to where we think we should be.

Meyer is the best coach in college football over the past half decade not named Saban.   Dabo is making a run, that for certain, but even in forced retirement Urban is still in the top 3 “active” coaches.   He’s doing studio image rehab right now, he will be back on the sidelines within a year, 2 at most.  

Recruiting would improve immediately, top 3 classes every year.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic