Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

If that were the case, 99% of professional athletes who’ve made millions through their rookie and secondary contracts wouldn’t go to lesser teams for more scratch for their third contract. Money is money, and more money is > than less.

Add ego to the equation and it can be overwhelming for someone to turn down the opportunity as a whole.

Athletes’ careers have a hard cap called age. Rookie contracts are below market value for a player that’s going to last into a third contract. Injuries can cut these deals short in football. An exceptionally long professional career gets you 15 years to set yourself up for life. Surely you see how that is not a comparable situation.

Also Urban has walked away from top dollar coaching jobs twice. He’s clearly not beholden to the salary.

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

Urban would far rather string UT Austin along and then, at the last minute, walk away, leaving UT in a really shit position.

I laugh at the thought Urban Meyer could ever be trusted. In any way, shape, or form.

You have a lot to learn about how true scumbags such as Urban Meyer operate. FAR more people would pay attention to Urban as "the ESPN announcer who fucked the Longhorns" than Urban Meyer, coach at UT.

Why would Urban follow through and actually coach at UT when it would be much more in his interest to fuck UT over and set the program back about a decade?

Again, "you people" aren't even close to being ready to be part of an "Urban Meyer level" scumbag program. You have no clue what all that entails.

Not ESPN.  Weird, I believed you at the beginning because you commented like someone who knows him really well, then you undermined yourself by saying something that reveals you don't know shit.

Athletes’ careers have a hard cap called age. Rookie contracts are below market value for a player that’s going to last into a third contract. Injuries can cut these deals short in football. An exceptionally long professional career gets you 15 years to set yourself up for life. Surely you see how that is not a comparable situation.

Also Urban has walked away from top dollar coaching jobs twice. He’s clearly not beholden to the salary.

Nothing is ever a straight line, perfectly parallel comparison. Obviously players have a shorter shelf life, but 18M per vs. 16.5M per and they take the 18M 9x out of 10. Urban had maybe one more shot, his shelf life is now short. He’s probably making 4M tops. He can over double that taking a coaching gig.

Money is money no matter the situation. People like more of it, period. Especially when it is more millions.

1 hour ago, EZ$ said:

Dammit, I want to win out, but I also want Urban. After seeing Iowa St today, I don’t think we have to worry about winning out, so bring him on. 
He may “quit” on us like the rest of the teams he coached, but I’m fine with that if he wins next 3 conference championships and a couple playoff games. He can then “quit”, handing off his well-oiled machine to the successor of his choice. 

It will take 3 years to have an oline worth a shit

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

Tens of millions for a lot of work for a couple of years before either he is indicted or has to again "retire."

If he solidifies his position doing studio work for college football, he would be able to pull down a high 7-figure paycheck fro the rest of his life.

Urban could make far more money fucking over UT football than actually coaching UT football.

Turn off the computer in your mom's basement and fucking go away. You're such a beating it's unreal

At least futureman's schtick is entertaining

Edited by JesusSweatDuck
Typo
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, TexasEx said:

The twinkle in his eye with the slight smirk. We saw it. He knows it. We all know it. Get in the bunker or get the fuck out. 

Is this clip available somewhere yet?

2 hours ago, UncleBuck said:

If that were the case, 99% of professional athletes who’ve made millions through their rookie and secondary contracts wouldn’t go to lesser teams for more scratch for their third contract. Money is money, and more money is > than less.

Add ego to the equation and it can be overwhelming for someone to turn down the opportunity as a whole.

I’m pretty sure a few things like more skins, turning around this program, and further solidifying his legacy come before the money. But the money isn’t going to be ignored, either. On several levels it won’t be ignored. 

10 minutes ago, TexasEx said:

Iowa steak is going to push all our shit in so far we’re constipated until 12/6, at which time Therm finally shits so hard it propels him into orbit and back to Cal Lutheran as receiver’s corch. 

He'll be coaching rubber dog shit on a cargo plane to Hong Kong if I get my way.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, hookem48 said:

It will take 3 years to have an oline worth a shit

Not with the transfer portal IF we get urban signed in time.  2 years.. by then we have an experienced qb...going about 8-4....year 3...11-2 and playoffs....year 4 win NC.  After that he can hand pick successor, and have title...special assistant to whatever...

look aggy is top 5 with jumbo....in year 2 or 3?

it doesn’t take long when u have a coach who has won it all before.  There are so few coaches hanging around that have won it all before. 

USC won again, 3-0...football gods are doing everything they can to help. Isu gets a tuneup, instead of a tough game, while our guys get rusty, scarolina job is open, so players can think about herm leaving for that...isu evidently has a coach who doesn’t care if herm comes back or not, Ewers commits to Ohio state, and save the best for last, Aggy is number 5 in the country....

what else does cdc need?  

Unfortunately the answer is a loss.  It’s okay...I will happily trade a loss for speeded up version of urban coming...

The situation is not going to get any better.....

just a matter of time...in less than seven days our long Texas football nightmare should be over.  

As someone earlier said, if cdc doesn’t pull the trigger, he should be fired. 

55 minutes ago, orangecat92 said:

USC won again, 3-0...football gods are doing everything they can to help. Isu gets a tuneup, instead of a tough game, while our guys get rusty, scarolina job is open, so players can think about herm leaving for that...isu evidently has a coach who doesn’t care if herm comes back or not, Ewers commits to Ohio state, and save the best for last, Aggy is number 5 in the country....

what else does cdc need?  

Unfortunately the answer is a loss.  It’s okay...I will happily trade a loss for speeded up version of urban coming...

just a matter of time...in less than seven days our long Texas football nightmare should be over.  

Caring about optics is big pussy

Edited by westexhorn
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, orangecat92 said:

Not with the transfer portal IF we get urban signed in time.  2 years.. by then we have an experienced qb...going about 8-4....year 3...11-2 and playoffs....year 4 win NC.  After that he can hand pick successor, and have title...special assistant to whatever...

it doesn’t take long when u have a coach who has won it all before.  There are so few coaches hanging around that have won it all before. 

So you are saying Texas should go after Mack Brown to replace Herman? Lol. 

2 hours ago, orangecat92 said:

what else does cdc need?  

Not gonna have a choice.  Ou will boat race this team in the ccg

3 hours ago, orangecat92 said:

you have a lot of faith in transfer olineman and basing anything on what aggy is doing in this abortion of a season is beyond retarded.

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

you have a lot of faith in transfer olineman and basing anything on what aggy is doing in this abortion of a season is beyond retarded.

I think we can agree urb is a great recruiter, and kids will want to play for him over jimbo.  U don’t think transfers will flock to wherever Meyer lands? I do.  Aggy could be any team.  Point is a team with a NC coach is a huge improvement over what we have.  What is herm, bottom 3 coach in big 12?

I read the article on ESPN+ about how we lost Quinn Ewers... Some of those quotes are damning. A lifelong Longhorn fan like him, as well as the legacy O linemen brothers who would rather play for Bama... Don't see how anyone can rationalize keeping that smug shit stain here any longer, even if we win out (although I don't see how we beat Iowa st or OU with our shitty team this year).

• Fuck You 1

I read the article on ESPN+ about how we lost Quinn Ewers... Some of those quotes are damning. A lifelong Longhorn fan like him, as well as the legacy O linemen brothers who would rather play for Bama... Don't see how anyone can rationalize keeping that smug shit stain here any longer, even if we win out (although I don't see how we beat Iowa st or OU with our shitty team this year).

This is the strikes three and four of it all. Triple legacies. Their fucking brother is ON the team. WTF does that tell you? Offer the other brother, who gives a shit. He may not be great or worth his ranking but he’s still a four star ffs, find somewhere for him and give him a chance. And not only so you get the Stud bro, but if you wanna talk optics it looks like shit and will be sold to other recruits “I mean triple legacy longhorns fans since birth don’t even want to play there!” Terrible fucking look.

Then you throw going 1-3 to Gary Fucking Patterson on top of it all and tell me how this shit is going to get any better. Call in the fucking Wolf!
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

There’s a quote of Urban saying something along the lines of “when a team is not performing, it’s usually a trust issue. Either the coaches don’t trust the players, or the players don’t trust the coaches, or the players don’t trust each other”. When I see this Texas team play, I see those trust issues. Like when you don’t call a two-point conversion to beat ousux, that’s the coaches saying I don’t trust you to get it done. 

This team has trust issues, that’s why they can’t fuckstomp anybody. Texas needs Urban Meyer ASAP.

8 minutes ago, XYZ said:

There’s a quote of Urban saying something along the lines of “when a team is not performing, it’s usually a trust issue. Either the coaches don’t trust the players, or the players don’t trust the coaches, or the players don’t trust each other”. When I see this Texas team play, I see those trust issues. Like when you don’t call a two-point conversion to beat ousux, that’s the coaches saying I don’t trust you to get it done. 

This team has trust issues, that’s why they can’t fuckstomp anybody. Texas needs Urban Meyer ASAP.

well I'd say he trusted the defense and his special teams but that is because he is an idiot and has an ego that wouldn't let him have the look of having to "risk" going for 2 against OU.  that would be admitting OU is the better team.

I call bullshit that he ever thought about going for 2 ever unless he was forced to.

4 hours ago, orangecat92 said:

I think we can agree urb is a great recruiter, and kids will want to play for him over jimbo.  U don’t think transfers will flock to wherever Meyer lands? I do.  Aggy could be any team.  Point is a team with a NC coach is a huge improvement over what we have.  What is herm, bottom 3 coach in big 12?

No, I don't think olineman transfers are going to flock anywhere.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic