Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

12 minutes ago, futureman said:

lulz.  oh now it comes out that he isn’t interested.  did it occur to any of you that $9.95 just wanted that money for the last two months?  CUM was never coming, he is never coming, and all of it was all conjured out of thin air from day one; complete and total bullshit from the word “go.”  surly and all of the other longhorn internets are sad, gullible assholes.  sorry none of you get to watch a grown man stick his hand in his ass, I know you wanted to, you sick fucks. 

If UM doesn't come here then it's obviously Mack Brown's fault. UM was all line dup and Mack ruined it....some how.

Now give me $9.95.

2 minutes ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

But after 10 years of mediocrity ya gotta hold out for some kind of hope the football gods are gonna smile down on you eventually.

Last time it wound up being 32 years before they blessed us with a kid from Hiram Clarke who was born to be one of the greatest college football players anyone has ever seen.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, longhornmatt said:

I fully expect someone like Fickell or Matt Campbell.  I wish it were Urban.  

If not Urban, I wish we really would do the fabled money whip we always talk about but never do.   It is possible.   Freaking aggy has done it twice with Sherrill and Jimbo.   But that would require our university administration doing something that makes us look like we prioritize winning football games instead of approaching athletics like Cal or Stanford, so don’t count on it even if the BMD would pony up.

Everyone knows we don't prioritize winning football games. We like to think of ourselves as being up there academically with Cal and Stanford.

We're Texas.

4 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

Personally I am not really fired up about anyone but Urban.  That does not mean there is not a good coach out there.  I just don't have any idea who it would be. 

Exactly. It can always be worse. That doesn't mean our next hire has to be or will be.

3 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I fully expect someone like Fickell or Matt Campbell.  I wish it were Urban.  

If not Urban, I wish we really would do the fabled money whip we always talk about but never do.   It is possible.   Freaking aggy has done it twice with Sherrill and Jimbo.   But that would require our university administration doing something that makes us look like we prioritize winning football games instead of approaching athletics like Cal or Stanford, so don’t count on it even if the BMD would pony up.  Instead we will just give some entry level dude $5,000,000 like he’s Mack Brown already, because somehow that makes more sense than $12,000,000 for Urban or Brian Kelly or an NFL guy.

You can't money whip a winning coach, no one is going to leave their successful program to come rebuild at a new school with the chance of it not working out.

2 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

Personally I am not really fired up about anyone but Urban.  That does not mean there is not a good coach out there.  I just don't have any idea who it would be.  I am kind of tired of these guys who are learning on the job.  

Replacing Herman with a College football hall of fame coach with multiple national championships is worth burning 15 mil.

Anyone else who we could get is not IMO.... 

Herman is no Charlie Strong level bad and would continue to have winning seasons.

• Hook 'Em 1

An interesting scenario to watch. If Urban comes out and says he's not interested in coaching, which is what I expect we will hear, and then a year later he takes the USC job or whatever, then we will all know that Texas chose to not move forward with him.  And that will make me go ballistic.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Anyone saying Fickell or Matt or Peterson need to take a break from posting.  None of those dudes are able to handle the job.  This job tore up Charlie and even Herman.  This job is bigger than being a good coach.    It requires a veteran with balls and no other life.  I'd rather hire Fatterson than those lightweights.  Peterson has years but he needs a job where football is not a priority and he can go home early to his family.    

Edited by RollLeft

19 minutes ago, futureman said:

lulz.  oh now it comes out that he isn’t interested.  did it occur to any of you that $9.95 just wanted that money for the last two months?  CUM was never coming, he is never coming, and all of it was all conjured out of thin air from day one; complete and total bullshit from the word “go.”  surly and all of the other longhorn internets are sad, gullible assholes.  sorry none of you get to watch a grown man stick his hand in his ass, I know you wanted to, you sick fucks. 

Your opinion is as baseless as any of them tho.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

An interesting scenario to watch. If Urban comes out and says he's not interested in coaching, which is what I expect we will hear, and then a year later he takes the USC job or whatever, then we will all know that Texas chose to not move forward with him.  And that will make me go ballistic.

No, the spin is he didnt' want Texas

6 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

And it would prove our school does not give one single fuck about actually winning

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

4th call is Jimbo...(ducks)

5th call is Mack...(exits stage left)

Say what you will about Mack, but he’s still doing his part to fuck us over as we watch him build a better program than us after we’ve hired two coaches since we pried his ass out of here. Don’t want him back…just sayin’.

12 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Your opinion is as baseless as any of them tho.

actually my opinion is a combination of common sense and a long relationship with one of the biggest donors in the program.  he was never a realistic option  but his name got $9.95 more clicks.  that’s all it ever was.  sorry to everyone who wanted to believe. 

Edited by futureman

Mario Cristobal is the best out of the realistic gets after Urban. We aren’t getting either Saban or Dabo. Watch how Cristobal’s OL dominate at the point of attack. He gets players and has a great system going that goes after everyone even guys with street agents.

Edited by Macklemore

Why would Venables do that?

He wouldn’t. It’s the “everyone is an AD” game right now. Someone on the other thread mentioned Rhule. Riiiight.

“Maybe Belicheck doesn’t want to pay state taxes!”

Edit: dr beeper beat me to it. See what it’s come to?!? I’m agreeing with fucking Beeper!

18 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

No one who has watched him on Fox this season would believe that for a second though. It's obvious he wants to coach again. Whether he does is the only question

11 minutes ago, futureman said:

actually my opinion is a combination of common sense and a long relationship with one of the biggest donors in the program.  he was never a realistic option  but his name got $9.95 more clicks.  that’s all it ever was.  sorry to everyone who wanted to believe. 

Sorry dude but there is no way this is factual.  Either your big donor wasn't fully aware of what we going on, or you are completely full of it. 

Edit: actually there is one scenario where we could both have been right.  Urban is/was ready to come, the administration was moving in that direction with the support of key boosters, but there is a group of boosters nixing it.  

Edited by Dbeasy

Anyone we hire resets the expectations, the place we are right now is with a guy whos proven he isn't the guy. So almost any hire is better than where we are now.

No a bad / mediocre hire resets the 5 year clock to get someone worth a damn. Firing tom and hiring someone like him is our worst nightmare.

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Sorry dude but there is no way this is factual.  Either your big donor wasn't fully aware of what we going on, or you are completely full of it. 

you’re not being cute.  quit trying to push your bullshit narrative to these gullible asshats.  you’re either misinformed or doing this deliberately.  he was never in play. 

2 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

I’d take Freeze if Meyer turns us down.  Freeze cheats like a motherfucker but wins everywhere he goes.  I’ll take the son of a bitch if we can’t get Meyer.  I don’t want anyone other than these two.  Unless there are other winning cheaters out there.  I want to cheat and skullfuck opponents.  I’m tired of being highfalluting goody two shoes Texas.  I want to be HATED!

Cristobol probably fits your description

1 minute ago, futureman said:

you’re not being cute.  quit trying to push your bullshit narrative to these gullible asshats.  you’re either misinformed or doing this deliberately.  he was never in play. 

I have rock solid proof he was in play. You are the one whose full of shit.  However, I did edit this post regarding a potential scenario that could be unfolding.

6 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Edit: actually there is one scenario where we could both have been right.  Urban is/was ready to come, the administration was moving in that direction with the support of key boosters, but there is a group of boosters nixing it.  

If this happened we would know it, the screaming and thrashing of the boosters who wanted Urban would be heard all the way to neptune.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Fondren & Main said:

I’d take Freeze if Meyer turns us down.  Freeze cheats like a motherfucker but wins everywhere he goes.  I’ll take the son of a bitch if we can’t get Meyer.  I don’t want anyone other than these two.  Unless there are other winning cheaters out there.  I want to cheat and skullfuck opponents.  I’m tired of being highfalluting goody two shoes Texas.  I want to be HATED!

We're already hated. Might as well be hated for winning. Stop fighting the 'villain' status, and just roll with it.

263397_orig.jpg

I’ve never thought urban would make it here but now I’m depressed too. Baby Jesus, dear Santa, tooth fairy, super gay fairy godmother please please please may we have a good coach? My 15 year old son’s faith in what’s good and right is at stake here. Thank you.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I have rock solid proof he was in play. You are the one whose full of shit.  However, I did edit this post regarding a potential scenario that could be unfolding.

Which is the standard operating manual for Texas hires. It’s how we made “we’re Texas” what it is.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic