Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

Well, shit. In his post he said given who we play in 2025, so I just assumed that's when the upcoming series started.

Yeah, a year away isn't ideal, but I still don't think that would be a reason he wouldn't come. Pretty much any coach who comes here right now will know that first game is a tough hill to climb, and more likely hope to have us competitive by the second game in the series.

Who's in 25, then? Is that the Bama series?
Also, our roster next year isn't terrible in terms of a starting point, especially on offense.

3 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:
54 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:
Well, shit. In his post he said given who we play in 2025, so I just assumed that's when the upcoming series started.

Yeah, a year away isn't ideal, but I still don't think that would be a reason he wouldn't come. Pretty much any coach who comes here right now will know that first game is a tough hill to climb, and more likely hope to have us competitive by the second game in the series.

Read more  

Also, our roster next year isn't terrible in terms of a starting point, especially on offense.

I don’t see a lot of reason for optimism with what is coming back on the o-line, not to mention breaking in a new (but talented) QB. 

1 hour ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

DKR hologram? 

1 hour ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I'm not sure how eager Meyer is to jump back in, in order to compete with Ohio State, right now. We are all aware of how competitive he is. That doesn't mean he doesn't want to stack the deck in his favor. Or to say it a different way, as competitive as he is, it doesn't mean he wants to get into a game where the deck is stacked against him. In this scenario, he built Ohio State into one of the few programs in CFB that legitimately contends for the national title, one that is just chewing up (state of) Texas recruiting right now and who we play in 25-26.,

That might be a little too direct for him. 

Ohio State was already built when he got there, this is not even close to the same situation, he came out of retirement to go home to a Championship team waiting on a coach. We're light years away from where Ohio State was when he went there.

1 minute ago, hookem48 said:

Ohio State was already built when he got there, this is not even close to the same situation, he came out of retirement to go home to a Championship team waiting on a coach. We're light years away from where Ohio State was when he went there.

Hed have us at 9-10 wins in his first season then likely a big 12 title and fringe CFB playoff second season 

• Hook 'Em 1

I think Meyer would size up the program and make a decision:
- He'll come if he feels the program isn't completely in the toilet for years and he has a shot at a good first season.
- He'll pass if the opposite is true.

Honestly?  I don't know.  We're pretty much in the toilet right now.  Maybe the Kansas game (if we somehow win that) will restore us to national prominence.

Edited by phdhorn

1 minute ago, 6th Street said:

was told a significant conference call has taken place since the loss between several more BMDs, maybe members of the board of regents, 1-2 other members of the UT administration, and Urban’s agent. This call lasted quite a while. The talks have rapidly progressed from gauging Urban’s interest, to actually agreeing on some finer details

https://247sports.com/college/texas/board/21/Contents/what-ive-heard-re-back-channeling-to-urban-152827106/?page=13

Pay that man.  Pay that man his money.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

was told a significant conference call has taken place since the loss between several more BMDs, maybe members of the board of regents, 1-2 other members of the UT administration, and Urban’s agent. This call lasted quite a while. The talks have rapidly progressed from gauging Urban’s interest, to actually agreeing on some finer details

https://247sports.com/college/texas/board/21/Contents/what-ive-heard-re-back-channeling-to-urban-152827106/?page=13

I should be a 9.95 reporter. What a job. You just dust off all the old Saban stories and switch up a couple of names and you have fresh content for the paying masses!

• Hook 'Em 5

13 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Hed have us at 9-10 wins in his first season then likely a big 12 title and fringe CFB playoff second season 

Hed? Hedley Lamarr? He's more of a CEO-type and not a good one at that. The players probably wouldn't work hard for him. I think I would keep TH.

21 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

The portal can help level the playing field 

I would go without a head coach and save money so we could have an extra position coach and extra off-the-field coaches. I would have Cristobal as recruiting coordinator and Orgeron as head of media relations and put Charlie Strong in charge of game day decisions.

Edited by Bevo
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, WinningIsHard said:

Tell us who is then fuck face. Your incessant negativity towards urban is well known now. Who is the likely candidate? Surely while you are blowing that BMD you hear conversations he is having on the phone? 

He's not blowing, he's getting pegged ( @NowThis). That's why he's not afraid of fisting himself

• Haha 1

Tell us who is then fuck face. Your incessant negativity towards urban is well known now. Who is the likely candidate? Surely while you are blowing that BMD you hear conversations he is having on the phone? 

You’re fucking arguing with futureman? Seriously? Stop quoting a dude that 90% of the board has on ignore.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Why are you so down on Urban's ability?

We have, what, the 5th highest composite talent in CFB - and it's going to take him 2 years to make us a fringe playoff team?

3 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Let me break it down for you folks.  Futureman is a AAA rated bit. Mike White out front should have told you.  

this isn’t about mike white (and anyway his NFL career is far from over).  bit or no bit, no matter how many people hate me or hate my truth, it doesn’t change the fact that we’re not getting urban meyer.  I’m doing a public service here, trying to bring people back to reality from this ridiculous and embarrassing fantasy thread that is a microcosm of our entire delusional and entitled fanbase.  

2 minutes ago, futureman said:

this isn’t about mike white (and anyway his NFL career is far from over).  bit or no bit, no matter how many people hate me or hate my truth, it doesn’t change the fact that we’re not getting urban meyer.  I’m doing a public service here, trying to bring people back to reality from this ridiculous and embarrassing fantasy thread that is a microcosm of our entire delusional and entitled fanbase.  

"I know my truth "

Movie always cracks me up 

1 hour ago, 6th Street said:

Fire one on Tuesday 12:01 AM  and hire the other one of Wednesday at 12:01 AM

6 minutes ago, futureman said:

In fairness, you've got about as much "proof" that he's not coming as everyone else does that he is coming.  Like every other time there is a coaching search, rumors swirl and fanbases get overly hopeful.  It's kind of what fans of programs tend to do.  Not just Texas.  Top 5 wishlist coaches get thrown around every single time and those fanbases are seldom correct, because there aren't very many of that type of coach and they seldom move programs.  So, you're not really going out on any kind of limb saying UM isn't coming.

In fairness, you've got about as much "proof" that he's not coming as everyone else does that he is coming.  Like every other time there is a coaching search, rumors swirl and fanbases get overly hopeful.  It's kind of what fans of programs tend to do.  Not just Texas.  Top 5 wishlist coaches get thrown around every single time and those fanbases are seldom correct, because there aren't very many of that type of coach and they seldom move programs.  So, you're not really going out on any kind of limb saying UM isn't coming.

giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic