Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

7 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I know Lovo was with Herman at UH - does anyone know if Lovo was at Ohio St as well?  Not sure how Shelley Meyer would know him. 

Was with him at Florida and went with him to Ohio State, so ya this is nothing

Beat to it

Edited by Teryor
I am a loser who gets to stuff 2nd
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, THUJONE said:

Guys, as terrible as it is to get to the point when you've got to fire a head coach, the grey period netherworld of conspiratorial speculation and tangential conclusion drawing based on attenuated and often unrelated facts, is a glorious time. I'm here for it. Give me the unnamed agent quote recycled through five message boards. Give me port-a-potty girl, craps mom or seven-eleven guy. All of them are valid sources and each of them deserves our attention. It's the coaching search, y'all. Welcome aboard.

Seeing the popup, "Thujone has just posted" has been my best experience as a Longhorn in weeks.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I know Lovo was with Herman at UH - does anyone know if Lovo was at Ohio St as well?  Not sure how Shelley Meyer would know him. 

I'm hoping it was something like this...

Hi Shelley, let me introduce you to the football administration. These guys will help you, Urban, and the family transition to Austin and Longhorn football.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, THUJONE said:

Guys, as terrible as it is to get to the point when you've got to fire a head coach, the grey period netherworld of conspiratorial speculation and tangential conclusion drawing based on attenuated and often unrelated facts, is a glorious time. I'm here for it. Give me the unnamed agent quote recycled through five message boards. Give me port-a-potty girl, craps mom or seven-eleven guy. All of them are valid sources and each of them deserves our attention. It's the coaching search, y'all. Welcome aboard.

I eagerly await your recap of said events. Until that time, I'll just day dream of dicks...wait.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, THUJONE said:

625ca0c8-7249-44aa-88ad-3bc92d2411ad_tex

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, THUJONE said:

There's nothing that brings the Texas fanbase together like a coaching search. It's tradition. 

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, THUJONE said:

Oh I wouldn't miss the opportunity to peruse tweets of "sources" with only random numbers and their handles or to gather around the soft glow of Flightaware screenshots with you guys. It's tradition.

For the record, I vote for image #4 for the National Portrait Gallery. As-is.

8 minutes ago, THUJONE said:

Oh I wouldn't miss the opportunity to peruse tweets of "sources" with only random numbers in their handles or to gather around the soft glow of Flightaware screenshots with you guys. It's tradition.

I saw a cloud shaped like Urban's hairline that a private jet flew through as it landed at Austin Bergstrom.

Y’all getting erect because a white woman liked a family photo with a cute ass baby. 
A cute ass baby of the guy who just so happens to be chief of staff for Texas. Do you know how many family photos with cute ass babies there are on twitter this time of year?giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd7e0ln87fyn8i5uend3u9lnl8skqvg4ehupi9uhyic&rid=giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, THUJONE said:

You really should throw in some new content based off all the latest, it could become some of your greatest work ever.

I would be willing drop some info and let blacklab or immamc vet their worthlessness.  

6 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

You really should throw in some new content based off all the latest, it could become some of your greatest work ever.

I would be willing drop some info and let blacklab or immamc vet their worthlessness.  

We'll see. I actually tried to do some MS Paint a few weeks ago and just said fuck it. Didn't have the heart. I did do my series of Trump sketches in order to get the national portrait gallery gig. lol 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, someguy said:

Lovo was with Meyer at UF.  Meyer took Lovo with him to Ohio St.

https://www.thepalmettopanther.com/from-palmetto-panther-to-a-houston-cougar/

I didn’t know Lovo was involved with 3 Urban championship teams. This adds to the list of Urban’s people already on the Texas staff. Really, really interesting. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I’m too lazy to look. Didn’t Urban say one of the best hires of the year was Chris Ash? I’d actually be OK with him staying. Yurcich as well. Would love to see what can be done with actual coaching, guidance, and direction. 

Edited by Daichee Bell
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, taybo20 said:

@quigley I’d like to see the numbers of where you get the 3 billion in grants. The entirety of the UT budget is $3 billion of which 18% is grants and contracts. 

Remember, athletics is self supporting, so the more successful the athletics program is, the more money they generate which bleeds over into the general fund. 

I was being recruited to UT in 2008 and heard it from the incoming Dean of Arts and Sciences (or the equivalent). I didn't fact check it bc I wasn't to go to Austin.

And you're right, total 2020-2021 is in the $3b range with ~ $600m in research (wonder if that includes the med school; if so, shockingly low).

Still double all sports.

37 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Prescient genius lulz. You have 8k posts of buffoonery, dumbass, regarded, shit head, clown shoes, and ass hat posts to make up before anyone stops their day and says “you know that little troll fuck face on surly might be a prescient genius.” You know who you are, penultimate fister. Lol 

Who’s the last fister?

11 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

Yeah right, Urban isn't coming to Texas, and i suppose this picture i just took of them purchasing a new house in Austin is fake. Granted, Urban doesn't look very happy but maybe he is thinking about his next OC...

newhome4.jpg

Kendra Scott moves pretty fast

• Like 1

And like that...the Return

7 minutes ago, quigley said:

I was being recruited to UT in 2008 and heard it from the incoming Dean of Arts and Sciences (or the equivalent). I didn't fact check it bc I wasn't to go to Austin.

And you're right, total 2020-2021 is in the $3b range with ~ $600m in research (wonder if that includes the med school; if so, shockingly low).

Still double all sports.

Yeah but it has to be considering salaries and benefits for UT employees is roughly 1.5 billion or 50%. They need money generation to pay that.

athletics cost is roughly 7% of the 3 Billion and it’s covered by the average 16% revenue, not including booster dollars. 

so it’s incredibly easy to see how sports is much more profitable in terms of overage amounts. Plus good sports programs, specifically football increase attendance numbers. Just ask Alabama. 

not real sure what the argument here is, but football is a pretty vital piece of UT and it’s money stream

56 minutes ago, THUJONE said:

Oh I wouldn't miss the opportunity to peruse tweets of "sources" with only random numbers in their handles or to gather around the soft glow of Flightaware screenshots with you guys. It's tradition.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, THUJONE said:

Not to nitpick, but she was Craps MILF.

Otherwise, perfect. No notes.

31 minutes ago, THUJONE said:

We'll see. I actually tried to do some MS Paint a few weeks ago and just said fuck it. Didn't have the heart. I did do my series of Trump sketches in order to get the national portrait gallery gig. lol 

Prophecy foretells of a giant city shaped hot dog that will, land on Austin and shower gold and glory upon it. This brings life back to the heart of the artists and leads us into a new renaissance. This is the ancient cave painting that accompanies the sacred text describing the calamity leading up to this event.

image.jpeg.3ff5715c61c8586919c0c324908fdb94.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic