Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

21 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

oi this is getting disturbing.  never thought of this angle.  austin/40 is woke central.   we need HARDNESS that's been missing for a decade.  will our "culture" allow it?

Herman came in and did this to the extreme and almost lost the team with his runny eggs and loaf machine shirts. I think Urban will have a little more awareness, but this shouldn't be a huge departure from the way Herman ran things. Football is still about mental toughness and that will never change. I am not concerned about this. 

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Can someone tell Kurt that no one gives a flying fuck what Tim May's crypt-keeping, tosu-lifer ass thinks. It's a shame Dan Jenkins is dead - Kurt could have gotten his 2 cents too!

Even amidst one of the biggest coaching searches in program history, Kurt manages to be completely uninformed and irrelevant. It's truly impressive how dedicated he is to being shitty at his job. 

• Hook 'Em 6

8 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Lol. “Yeah I almost took that $60 million dollar deal but I didn’t because the band doesn’t play this one song after the games.” 

Meyer wouldn’t give a shit about any of that. He’s not some snowflake bitch that will get his feelings hurt because people don’t like a song. He’s also a good enough coach that he’ll get the team aligned enough to not make it as big a distraction as Herman allowed it to be.

I want him hired, don’t get me wrong but you don’t think it is even possible that he may decide Texas isn’t the right fit for him?   Money isn’t everything especially to people that already have it and know they can get it anytime they want elsewhere.

7 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Yeah, but their donors run that program, and they've seen what's on the field.  They pulled both ASU and UofA (who is BAAAD) out of their asses.  They should have 2 losses.  And their recruiting class last year was the worst in their history just about.  Don't be so sure.

Their recruitin class is #7 this year though and top 10 for 2022 so that seems to be a blip

Not sure how they fire Helton if he's undefeated, has a top 10 class, all in Covid year

14 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Hell, he's probably secretly using this coaching style line of bullshit to motivate himself into taking the job, "I'll show them that I can still get it done with the way I do business..."

Could also carry weight for another shot across TH's bow.

25 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Theres no job opening so he wont say hes taking the job yet. This shit is going to happen, holy fuck!

24 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

The only thing holding up Herman being gone is a commitment from UM. .

20 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

Nahlin has been saying recently (as of last Saturday) that if urban says no to Texas he isnt coaching again. Texas is offering everything so if he says no, he was never gonna coach.

Gerry Hamilton in an IT thread today says he thinks UM coaches again. He didn’t say Texas of course or if that means yes to Texas, no to Texas. So I think it’s misdirection. He’s coming but nobody’s saying anything until Herman is fired. Plus isn’t he on the fox pregame show on Saturday? I’m sure he doesn’t want all this leaked making it awkward AF, when the coach hasn’t been fired yet.

Pure speculation just my treefiddy though.

These above are pretty much the deal. Misdirection until TH is fired.

13 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

I don;t think Burton would have heard shit if the deal was done.  It would be radio silence and then all of a sudden Herman would be shitcanned.

Burton gets the information his contacts want him to have. May be legit, may be smoke. But whatever it is, it is what that source or sources want him to put out.

13 minutes ago, elguapo said:

IF the deal with UM is done then I'd expect Herman to be out before Saturday

Not necessarily true. UM could set his own timeline and say, "don't do shit, unless..."

Of course if there were going to be a gap, an interim can finish it off. Would be interesting to see what happens if TH is replaced before a potential bowl game. I don't think UM would want that game on his resume, or maybe he would. Could be a fickle situation with the timing and all.

1 minute ago, closetohumping said:

Contradicts what all of the other 9.95 mods have said.

Not surprising. They have largely been shut out/shut down. Wouldn’t be shocked if their shit is coming from surly at this point. Urban is only 56. Still has time to do the analyst job (which he is also very good at) and win at least more MNC with Texas. 

1 minute ago, thunderlounge said:

Could also carry weight for another shot across TH's bow.

These above are pretty much the deal. Misdirection until TH is fired.

Burton gets the information his contacts want him to have. May be legit, may be smoke. But whatever it is, it is what that source or sources want him to put out.

Not necessarily true. UM could set his own timeline and say, "don't do shit, unless..."

Of course if there were going to be a gap, an interim can finish it off. Would be interesting to see what happens if TH is replaced before a potential bowl game. I don't think UM would want that game on his resume, or maybe he would. Could be a fickle situation with the timing and all.

I would think UM would love the opportunity to use the bowl practices/game to evaluate the roster.

25 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

The plane that went Tyler --> COL --> ATX with timing that lines up with Burton's report now has a bunch of competing flights stacked up in its upcoming log (i.e., impossible that all/most of them happen), but one of the forks would take it from ATX --> Llano --> Dallas --> Raleigh/Durham by day's end. Eltife and crew going to kick the tires on Plan Z in Chapel Hill?

They have to get Mack's blessing as the final level of approval.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

When Herman is fired and UM takes the job, I will drink a G2 and Tito’s and not pour an ounce out for the fraud that was Tom Herman. 

Is Tunmise in play if we get CUM? We’re awaiting a full report. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

11 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Can someone tell Kurt that no one gives a flying fuck what Tim May's crypt-keeping, tosu-lifer ass thinks. It's a shame Dan Jenkins is dead - Kurt could have gotten his 2 cents too!

He feels it in his gut though. That has to count for something, right?

31 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

How I think it went down/will play out...

-Eltife and company fly to Colombus on that flight we found

-They returned 30 minutes ago with a firm CUM handshake

-They give that report to Burton as misdirection since there isnt a job opening yet and dont want it to be viewed as a done deal

-They can Herman in the very near future

-CUM comes then we all cum

-TEXAS IS BACK

Absolutely loving your energy right now.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Should read Tim May WANTS Texas to ride it out and keep Herman. Assholes are puckering in Columbus 

45 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I got blasted on shaggy early in Herman's tenure for having this viewpoint, and again awhile back on Surly. The argument from those who blasted me was that our players were soft and entitled and needed the Herman military drill sargeant bs to toughen them up. I completely disagreed then and still do now. This isn't the 1970's. Players and the world are different, and treating people with respect and dignity is more effective.  Saban yells at his players, but his overall conduct and approach with players isn't runny eggs and drill sargeant bs. Crowder knows what's up.

Edit: additional comment after seeing Burton's comments.  Saban and Urban understand the difference between being demanding vs bullshit gimmicks.  Yelling at a player is very different from running the team like the military.  Herman is such a dumb shit he doesn't understand the difference. Then, Herman went the other way and tried to become a player's coach.  He's been all over the place in his style of dealing with the players.

Exactly. Some players act like children, but these aren't 3 year olds. They can see through contrived gimmicks and resent them. Urban and Saban have high standards they demand their players adhere to. They don't have to waste time making players sit in the corner (or eat burnt toast), they just move on.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, pearlandhorn said:

Pretty sure Brando is at Fox now, not CBS.  Nevertheless, the guy is a fucking tool who beats off with Spencer Tillman at UT's inability to close out games.

Correct, and the Fox coverage of our games has been f'in horrendous.

Now, back to Urbs saga.

26 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Yep.  And I'm not a pumper.  But let's say Urban did say yes, would it be in the best interest for Bobby, IT, Eric, Herman, Urban, UT, Eltife, etc if Bobby said "Urban said yes."

Let's say Urban did say yes, what's your next step if you're CDC?  Workout the contract details, fire Herman.  Maybe not in that order.

closetopumping

• Haha 2

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic